Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get a UK Number to Forward to Skype

Options
  • 04-10-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I want to get a UK Phone Number that will be ported to our main work Skype account so that I can put a UK contact on our websites.

There seems to be a good number of companies that do this. Has anyone here done this before abe be able to point me in the direction of any particular provider that they found good ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

We use BlueFace.ie for our telecoms for my businesses and they can give you UK numbers which land on Irish phones (VOIP). Highly recommend them and their rates are excellent.

Obviously you can also just go to Skype and buy a UK number, which is what you seem to be looking at below. You don't "need a provider" as skype offer this as a paid service.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/features/allfeatures/online-number/

You choose your number as your signing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

This lot also allow you to rent a UK number, which can be diverted to a Skype account.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I would recommend blue face. I used it for a good while. was very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭AndyJB

BnB wrote: »
    I want to get a UK Phone Number that will be ported to our main work Skype account so that I can put a UK contact on our websites.

There seems to be a good number of companies that do this. Has anyone here done this before abe be able to point me in the direction of any particular provider that they found good ?

Afternoon,
    I use Goldfish.ie for both Irish and UK numbers, quality and customer care is A1.

Have a good weekend.
    AJB

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Talk123

There are also phone systems that will allow the skype number to come in as if its a phone line ,and you can have an english voip number to lower call costs as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement