Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This will split opinions!!!!

• 04-10-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Legend on a bike or absolute gob****e!

You gotta watch it all, its staggering the stuff he did/slash does. Reading the comments I am not 100% sure if this lad is still alive if not its easy to see why but man alive its mental ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsOOccLv6vg&feature=g-vrec

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Ive seen stuff like that before, with Ghostrider, etc; and while I've no doubt that chap is far far braver (or stupider!!) than me; I have to admit I'm more in awe of this sort of thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Ive seen stuff like that before, with Ghostrider, etc; and while I've no doubt that chap is far far braver (or stupider!!) than me; I have to admit I'm more in awe of this sort of thing...

+1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Legend on a bike refers to a bikeracer on a racebike in a race,and on a race track/coarse who became a legend for wining so much..

Dunlop,Agostini,Rainey,Gardener,Rossi and so on.

This joker is just a dangerous and very lucky gobshyte on a public road who put other lives in danger,aswell as his own.

I know this is footage of a hostage taker being purposely taken out of it by Spanish Police,but imagine if a car had have pulled out suddenly infront of that Tyler Kirk gobshyte on his R1.

He would be dead,and Id say the people in the car would be badly injured from the speed of the impact too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

That's not difficult or even skilful to do, I used to ride like that while commuting on the N7.

The only skilful thing he did in that video was get the front wheel up, and even then he was landing it 3/4s of lane into the opposite side of the road.

It's very easy to ride at that pace through traffic if you turn off your brain and stop worrying about the 100 what ifs that could happen at any second.

If he was half as skilled as you think he is he'd be on a racetrack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Where did I say I was in awe of his skills, I was merely just putting it out there to see what people think.....when I said the stuff he does is staggering I was leaning more towards staggeringly stupid TBH, I am sure he does the odd track day and sticks up pictures of his knee sliders been scuffed to show he is a legend also.

I have seen the police in the US doing that on the big heavy patrol bikes makes it even unbelievable. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have seen the police in the US doing that on the big heavy patrol bikes makes it even unbelievable. :eek:

Yeah, they're very good. Japanese bike cops do it as well, Gymkana they call it.

I saw images of Dutch cops doing it on FJR1300's once. One exercise was riding clockwise around a traffic cone.........whilst keeping your hand on the cone. Your throttle hand !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Where did I say I was in awe of his skills, I was merely just putting it out there to see what people think.....when I said the stuff he does is staggering I was leaning more towards staggeringly stupid TBH, I am sure he does the odd track day and sticks up pictures of his knee sliders been scuffed to show he is a legend also.

Least I never tried recommending Road Pilot 3's as a wet race tyre :rolleyes:

You continue on thinking you know it all on your sport touring, restricted FZ6 and I'll continue on knowing that I know enough to know that I actually know fvck all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

paddy147 wrote: »
    This joker is just a dangerous and very lucky gobshyte on a public road who put other lives in danger,aswell as his own.
    +1

The guy in spankmaster2000's clip has skills. The other guy is just a macho asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

Remove brain twist wrist and avoid the hard things. Hardly the stuff of legends. Idiots yes but Legends definitely not.

KamiKazi wrote: »

You continue on thinking you know it all on your sport touring, restricted FZ6 and I'll continue on knowing that I know enough to know that I actually know fvck all.

What that got to do with this topic? But here is EXACTLY what I said....so get your facts right. It was the other lad that asked where they for racing :rolleyes:

QUOTE"
    ""Neither of the PR2/3 are for track racing they are a Street Tyre.

Yeah but if you aint got the dosh the PR2's do last longer. I got my FZ6 with 11,000Klm on her and a set of PR2 that where not new. I have the same set on and I have done a shade of 30,000Klm with the same tyres in just over 12mths!!!!

I been to every road race this year so I gets about like a thai tranny.....

The PR3's will not last that long as the PR2's....but are a SAVAGE TYRE""
    UNQUOTE.

If its the topic on B****.ie and you read the post its cleary says BEST WET TYRE , not best wet racing tyre. I recommend PR3s for the wet not for racing...show me the post, Oh thats right there is none. And alot of others in that thread recommended it too.

And I do call my FZ6 a sports tourer, its sporty and I tour all over Ireland on it. Does not have to be a ZZR1400 to be a sporty Tourer.

You ask anyone on here that is out regulary with me every week if I think I know it all, I dont far from it. I am out getting experience with one of the best instructors in the country. If I knew it all I would not be.....

Off now to angle grind my knee sliders to pretend to be a big man, and then post them up online.....*FACE PALM.

BACK ON TOPIC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

galwaytt wrote: »
    Yeah, they're very good. Japanese bike cops do it as well, Gymkana they call it.

Wouldn't be surprised if the guy was a bike cop, just using a CBR6 to show off :) Also worth noting his butt never moved on the seat, he wasn't using his body weight to help him control the bike (no time, with those rapid changes of direction.)

Scrap the cap!

I think we've all played the 'my bike is better than yours' game and had a good laugh, but ridiculing someone because the law stupidly limits them to a restricted licence is unfair.

Scrap the cap!

Some members seem to have "serious issues" with one another.
    Ive noticed it carrying on over from 1 thread to another to another.

Theres no need for it.:(

Cant we all just be friends??????:D

One more thing. The finest motorcycles in the world are 'sport touring' as are the finest riders. We can go as fast as you but for longer. We can carry as much as them but faster. :)

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    One more thing. The finest motorcycles in the world are 'sport touring' as are the finest riders. We can go as fast as you but for longer. We can carry as much as them but faster. :)

Haha, good point...I like it.....my ideal bike a 2010 VFR 1200. Shame about the small tank on them, the VFR 800 apparently has a bigger tank :confused: That or a FJR1300.

Did you see the review of the VFR with the DTC clutch....its way weird. Also it has a HANDBRAKE on the bars!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvli-uU8NTw&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab0ZLZBXaUg&feature=rellist&playnext=1&list=PL35642E4811753525

Yeah the VFR 12 isn't a realistic sport tourer due to its stupidly small tank. Double it and then we're talking.

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Yeah the VFR 12 isn't a realistic sport tourer due to its stupidly small tank. Double it and then we're talking.

You would have to fill the panniers with petrol aswell......:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

That VRF is some machine.:) A possible next purchase in a few years me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Dont you know Kami seems to know everything about everything.....

What that got to do with this topic? But here is EXACTLY what I said....so get your facts right. It was the other lad that asked where they for racing :rolleyes:

QUOTE"
    ""Neither of the PR2/3 are for track racing they are a Street Tyre.

Yeah but if you aint got the dosh the PR2's do last longer. I got my FZ6 with 11,000Klm on her and a set of PR2 that where not new. I have the same set on and I have done a shade of 30,000Klm with the same tyres in just over 12mths!!!!

I been to every road race this year so I gets about like a thai tranny.....

The PR3's will not last that long as the PR2's....but are a SAVAGE TYRE""
    UNQUOTE.

If its the topic on B****.ie and you read the post its cleary says BEST WET TYRE , not best wet racing tyre. I recommend PR3s for the wet not for racing...show me the post, Oh thats right there is none. And alot of others in that thread recommended it too.

And I do call my FZ6 a sports tourer, its sporty and I tour all over Ireland on it. Does not have to be a ZZR1400 to be a sporty Tourer.

You ask anyone on here that is out regulary with me every week if I think I know it all, I dont far from it. I am out getting experience with one of the best instructors in the country. If I knew it all I would not be.....

Off now to angle grind my knee sliders to pretend to be a big man, and then post them up online.....*FACE PALM.

BACK ON TOPIC

If you have a problem with any of my posts you can use the report function, otherwise feel free to kiss my ass :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

TheFairy wrote: »
    Dont you know Kami seems to know everything about everything.....

Every forum has one.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd say closer to gob****e than legend. Or legend the same way some guy down the pub is a legend because he can down a pint in 3 seconds. Like the guy down the pub, it's pretty stupid but i like looking at it all the same.

handbags-designer-fashions333.jpg

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

BACK ON TOPIC
    Zing! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

' Yawn ' :rolleyes: Do not feed the ......

6a00d8341bf80c53ef0120a532110b970c-pi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

OP, the guy's a f**king idiot, must have been a winner of the Darwin Awards -

http://www.darwinawards.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

There's fast riding and then there's stupid riding, very little skill on display (unlike GR - a real legend), doesn't exactly enamour us to other road users etc and just confirms the opinion that all bike riders are maniacs.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement

Not only that, but looks like he has a group of mates that go out and ride like that to get kicks, I know each to their own but when you putting others at risk its a different story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement