Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Udinese Europa League ITV4/Setanta Sports1 8 pm

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Didn't get to see any of it. What's the consensus on the performance?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not tonight its not, but there is no message that it is unavailable in Ireland, so me thinks UPC have blocked it,
    strange that ESPN is off as well????????? and that the Newcastle game is on Setanta Ireland :confused:

ITV4 fine on Sky, so either it's UPC blocking it, or someone else forgot about sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Why are people slagging Downing? He had a good game? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Enjoyed that. Thought it would be boring as f**k to be honest, was pretty hectic for a while in the second half.
    Highlight of the night was the tackle by Pinzi on Downing, loltastic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Downing utter ****e again made more annoying by Townsend singing his praises every time he touched the ball.

Shelvey completely anonymous in the second half.

Very unlucky for Coates, he had a great performance apart from the og.

Frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

tibor wrote: »
    Downing utter ****e again made more annoying by Townsend singing his praises every time he touched the ball.

That's just a rampant lie!? :confused:

argosy2006 wrote: »
    French gits
    Who?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Downing played well for once
    Robinson was good too
    Allen was superb

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

5starpool wrote: »
    ITV4 fine on Sky, so either it's UPC blocking it, or someone else forgot about sky.

Itv4 isn't on sky in Ireland. It's via other channels, which is just FTA uk sat so they can't block for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Frustrating.
    Mr Alan wrote: »

If we are going to start calling that sort of performance sh1te then we may as well call it a day.

Downing played well tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Why are people slagging Downing? He had a good game? :confused:

I really dislike the player but he played well tonight.

So pissed off with that result, another moral victory... yay...

When is Lucas due back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Frustrating.

Jesus. What does Downing have to do? I thought he'd a good game.

If your looking for someone that was poor have a look at skipper who was sprung from the bench, gave the ball away twice in the build up for their goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Frustrating.

Some people see what they want to see. Can't see how you can call his performance s***e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

5starpool wrote: »

My understanding of it is that this: ITV4 on Sky is accessed by tuning your receiver to pick it up off the satellite. It's not on the EPG so what you get is the broadcast intended for the UK. Same with Channel 5 - they buy rights to programmes for viewing in the UK even though RTE might have exclusive rights to show a program in Ireland. (CSI Miami for example) ITV4 had the rights to show the Liverpool game tonight in the UK only. It was blocked on UPC because they could request it blocked whereas on Sky they don't have a way of restricting the "other channels" option that Irish boxes use to tune in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That was simultaneously quite good and utter ****e.

We looked really comfortable in the first half but we look like we've gone backwards in terms of the numbers of chances we create from last season and given how **** we are at taking chances that's seriously worrying.

That Norwich game was very much so the swallow failing to make a summer - I think we scored something like 5 goals from 6 shots on target.

Our only players who can attack players are Sterling, Suarez and Johnson. With the former two not starting you're leaving all ability to beat a player to your RB.

Assaidi was good against WBA but he was totally anonymous tonight.
    Other than him nobody was really bad but without Lucas we don't have solidity against any team and although we look like we're doing well in implementing "the system" it's never going to make up for the lack of goalscoring ability we have.

I'm not one bit upset about the result, 3 points against Stoke is all that matters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

cambo2008 wrote: »

Gordon Strachan

He offered no threat. Desperately slow and deliberate on the ball, no invention, no penetration.

Add to that he didn't track his man for the third goal leaving pasquale a 30 yard run to scream for the lay off as he jogs along behind. Lazy.

****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

MD1990 wrote: »
    Robinson was good too
    Allen was superb
    Really didn't think Downing had a good game.

He did set up the goal very well.

However afterwards he was really poor IMO.

EDIT: Then again I thought Shelvey was very poor for the majority of the game. Took his goal very well, and played the ball around well for a while, but before the goal and in the second half he was poor.

Others on here thought he was class, so it just depends what you are looking for.

Add to that he didn't track his man for the third goal leaving pasquale a 30 yard run to scream for the lay off as he jogs along behind. Lazy.

****e.

Gerrard? Gave ball away TWICE in the build up to that goal, but sur it was Downing's fault

• Advertisement

argosy2006 wrote: »

Gordon Strachan
    D'accord.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Downing had a ok game,
    Sort of game where he should not be mentioned in a good way or bad,
    or be talked about after game, He was ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Downing got his cummupence for all those sh1te performances with that wonderful challenge from Pinzi

He played well this evening though tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Downing got his cummupence for all those sh1te performances with that wonderful challenge from Pinzi

He played well this evening though tbf

That was a major WTF moment, surely you have to send a player off for something a blatent as that.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Robinson was good too
    Allen was superb
    DDC1990 wrote: »
    Really didn't think Downing had a good game.

He did set up the goal very well.

However afterwards he was really poor IMO.

EDIT: Then again I thought Shelvey was very poor for the majority of the game. Took his goal very well, and played the ball around well for a while, but before the goal and in the second half he was poor.

Had to look twice there, thought you might be the biggest hypocrit to post on boards! 1990

Gerrard? Gave ball away TWICE in the build up to that goal, but sur it was Downing's fault

There were numerous mistakes throughout the team for the goal, but his lack of effort tracking back came across as typical and very frustrating when we were chasing the game.

Looking back at post match highlights I'll concede I was maybe a bit harsh saying utter ****e as he did have a few decent contributions but he's just so damn frustrating to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

That was a major WTF moment, surely you have to send a player off for something a blatent as that.

Indeed, if that had happened in the PL I'd be raging, as would most of us I think. He made the challenge five feet above the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I don't like Downing at all, but people have gone over the top with the criticism. Johnson mis-controlled the ball, got caught badly out of position and Udinese scored - how is that Downing's fault?

There were numerous mistakes throughout the team for the goal, but his lack of effort tracking back came across as typical and very frustrating when we were chasing the game.

Looking back at post match highlights I'll concede I was maybe a bit harsh saying utter ****e as he did have a few decent contributions but he's just so damn frustrating to watch.

Ya I know he's frustrating but tonight he was a small bit better. If you look at the goal Gerrard took himself, Allen and another LFC player out of the game with that terrible pass. Painful to watch as he had a simple ball to Allen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Coates (og aside) or Allen motm tonight. Shelvey, Downing, Robinson, Hendo and Suarez played well too.

The losing of the match was bringing Stevie on for Henderson. He was having a great game I thought and Gerrard was very sloppy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

Opta Stats

LFC - Udinese

Goals: 2-3
    Possession %: 74.9 - 25.1
    Passes: 757 - 241
    Passing Accuracy %: 91 - 72
    Passes in final third: 227 - 87
    Shots: 20 - 8
    On Target: 8 - 3

Showing that we can dominate. Just need to put away them chances (as we all know).
    It's been overlooked until now imo but we REALLY need to tighten up that defence.

I'm optimistic.

Fecks sake lads Downing has been poor in most of his games recently but he did well tonight, I wonder if people even watch him and just come in here automatically giving out about him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I haven't watched the game but Downing was ****e.

Joking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Enjoyed that. Thought it would be boring as f**k to be honest, was pretty hectic for a while in the second half.

It was hilarious!! One of those tackles were a red would be harsh, but a yellow just doesn't seem enough.

monkey9 wrote: »

It was hilarious!! One of those tackles were a red would be harsh, but a yellow just doesn't seem enough.
    T'was an orange all day long :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Who won the big heart performance award?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

No way was the Pinzi tackle a red. It was cynical, no malice. He was stopping Downing from getting through, wouldn't have been through on goal anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RasTa wrote: »
    Who won the big heart performance award?

There is always one lurking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

sh__93 wrote: »
    Opta Stats

LFC - Udinese

Goals: 2-3
    Possession %: 74.9 - 25.1
    Passes: 757 - 241
    Passing Accuracy %: 91 - 72
    Passes in final third: 227 - 87
    Shots: 20 - 8
    On Target: 8 - 3

Jesus on that evidence ye hammered them in all but the most important one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jesus on that evidence ye hammered them in all but the most important one.

It's becoming a habit at this stage. We need to finish these teams off by half time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Mad tackle :)

8054727153_9d09632c1e_o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

^^^How the hell did he not get sent off? Just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

hefferboi wrote: »
    Coates (og aside) or Allen motm tonight. Shelvey, Downing, Robinson, Hendo and Suarez played well too.

The losing of the match was bringing Stevie on for Henderson. He was having a great game I thought and Gerrard was very sloppy.

Absolutely agree. We chased the game bringing on Stevie, and it cost us. He gave away the ball in the middle for their winner. Henderson was giving Allen the protection to get on and play his game.

I thought Robinson was excellent, Shelvey is always a threat (more like a young Stevie all the time), and Downing did very well except for his shooting, he should have tested their keeper more. GlenJo wasn't on form, these days he looks better on the left. And Assaidi showed his ability, but needs more end product like Raheem brings - shots and crosses.

Another defeat snatched from the jaws of a win. We need to learn from these games, individually and as a team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

^^^How the hell did he not get sent off? Just ridiculous.

Because the referees little red book doesn't say it's a sending off. Yet if you mis-time an attempt at winning the ball on the ground, you are off every time.

This was cynical, dangerous and Downing was running into the box, in a very dangerous position. He should have gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Dickerty wrote: »
    Because the referees little red book doesn't say it's a sending off. Yet if you mis-time an attempt at winning the ball on the ground, you are off every time.

This was cynical, dangerous and Downing was running into the box, in a very dangerous position. He should have gone.

It seems like every ref has a different little red book these days doesn`t it?

Was it Hendo in the first half who slid in and won the ball perfectly,put it out for a throw I think but the ref gave a free?? I was scratching my head.

Overall the ref didn`t do too bad but the standard of reffing these days is a real problem. Not just in our games but in every game. It`s starting to put me off football tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Mad tackle :)

8054727153_9d09632c1e_o.gif

That's my 1 st time seeing the tackle. Wow how the Fcuk did he not get sent off.
    Regarding the criticism of Downing I only saw the last 25 mins of the game so can't comment. By all accounts he played well and seems to get maligned just because if who he is.
    I posted a couple of fcuks about downing in the match thread.
    * One was a shot he had in the last 10 mins which he hit straight at the keeper.
    The other was a corner in the last 10 mind * which he put straight into the keeper hands.

I also thought Gerrard was poor when he came on. He gave the ball away a few times. One of them led to a counter attact which resulted in a goal.

All in all looking at the highlights we should have gotten something from this game. Let's hope the play like this on Sunday less the defensive sloppiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

That's my 1 st time seeing the tackle. Wow how the Fcuk did he not get sent off.
    Regarding the criticism of Downing I only saw the last 25 mins of the game so can't comment. By all accounts he played well and seems to get maligned just because if who he is.
    I posted a couple of fcuks about downing in the match thread.
    * One was a shot he had in the last 10 mins which he hit straight at the keeper.
    The other was a corner in the last 10 mind * which he put straight into the keeper hands.

I also thought Gerrard was poor when he came on. He gave the ball away a few times. One of them led to a counter attact which resulted in a goal.

All in all looking at the highlights we should have gotten something from this game. Let's hope the play like this on Sunday less the defensive sloppiness.

Im not Downings biggest fan, but I thought he was pretty good last nite. Also, I remember the corner you were on about. The keeper claimed it just outside the 6 yard box, and I dont blame Downing for that. Decent delivery and nobody attacked the ball. Hell, a lot of Gerrards corners dont even beat the first man

There was no way the ref could justify giving a red card for that "tackle".
    It was a cynical, take one for the team type tackle that you see week in week out only it was done in the most unorthodox and hilarious fashion.

Had he tripped him or pushed him it would have resulted in the same outcome. There's no scale of cynicism, it's all covered under the one yellow card provided there's no dangerous play or obvious goal scoring opportunity.

I couldn't help think of that poor marathon runner that got stopped by that **** of a priest :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Dickerty wrote: »

No no no.

It was cynical, he stopped him from running. Yellow card is the punishment.

Wasn't dangerous, how could anyone get hurt from pulling someone down from under the chest?

There was a player coming across to meet downing.

If he clipped him with his boot and not his arms there'd be no talk over it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You couldn't send him off for that, but it was hilarious how embarrassed he was afterwards, and he got subbed straight away as well.

Downing had one of his better games last night, not perfect but he was pretty effective, beat his man often, set up one beautifully, and put another excellent ball in for Suarez who headed straight at the keeper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement