Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

truck driving

Options
  • 04-10-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Does anybody know if i can swap an Irish class C truck licence for an alberta/sask class 3 or do i have to do test.I have held the licence for 1 year and hope to get sponsored visa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

I think you may need to have held the licence for longer than that. But, from our own application process we needed 2 years. I'm not sure if that's to do with the employer wanting a longer work-experience, or if it relates to insurance, or if it's regarding the exchange of licence. I just can't think off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

I think you may need to have held the licence for longer than that. But, from our own application process we needed 2 years. I'm not sure if that's to do with the employer wanting a longer work-experience, or if it relates to insurance, or if it's regarding the exchange of licence. I just can't think off the top of my head.

This is true. With your Irish truck driving experience tho some companies may be willing to help you getting your class 3.

Advertisement