Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bresser Skylux 70/700mm HELP

Options
  • 04-10-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi guys need a bit a help,
    Got a skylux 70/700mm off a friend and when I look through there seems to be dirt on the lenses and need to know how to clean it or if i can . .
    He said it was lying in a shed for a couple of months and that . It looks like dust and bits of crap its really anooying me .

Any help in how to clean this would be great . .

Cheers guys.
    Glenn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

the dust is on the outside of the lense or inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭GlennGeo

Well I gave the outside a wipe it seems to be on the inside ..

GlennGeo wrote: »
    Well I gave the outside a wipe it seems to be on the inside ..
    It's actually not recommended to whipe the optics with a cloth as you are cleaning off the coatings along with all the dust...but what's done is done.
    The best way to do it if it's necessary to get a cleaning kit from any camera shop and use it.
    But if it's on the inside I don't have a clue how to get there...I suppose the whole scope should disassemble some how, just when you doing it don't forget to make a note which part goes where...

i had another look there tonight when i got home . . it seems that dust and cobwebs are on the inside, its been lying in storage for quite some time now. I dont know how im going to sort it .

Cheers anyway
    Glenn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

You could be in a spot of bother if dirt is on the inside. I have one of them here, and doesnt look like it comes apart.

The focuser probably wasnt covered when it went into storage.

• Advertisement

Ye thats more than likely what happened alright ..

I was thinking maybe that I could get one of those cans of air that are used in offices and stuff for cleaning out PCs and that and blast it into it ..

Would this do any damage to the scope ?

Cheers
    Glenn

GlennGeo wrote: »
    Ye thats more than likely what happened alright ..

I was thinking maybe that I could get one of those cans of air that are used in offices and stuff for cleaning out PCs and that and blast it into it ..

Would this do any damage to the scope ?

Cheers
    Glenn
    No it ain't going to do any damage at all but I don't think it will do any good eather...the air have to travel 700mm, try to blow any dust from that distance...

ah ok then . the best thing I can probably do is bring it to win of the shops maybe.

Thanks for the help
    Glenn

Advertisement