Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI preoblems

• 04-10-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Is anyone else having problems with the SUSI grant crowed?
    Im in third year and got rejected for a grant the last 2 years so this year i had to apply to them. Was told today that I wont know if i got the grant until the end of the month at the earliest. Problem is i have to pay the fees until i find out, and i am quickly running out of money.

I know its not the people that answer the phones fault, they actually don't know what is going off. So needless to say i am fair pissed off.

Anyone else having problems with them?

RANT OVER :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

What fees do you have to pay? Registration or registration and tuition? AFAIK you can get a form that you can bring to your year head to stagger the fees out over an agreed length of time. What you could do is get this form and arrange the first payment to be after you will know whether you have been accepted for the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ClimberC

mackg wrote: »
    What fees do you have to pay? Registration or registration and tuition? AFAIK you can get a form that you can bring to your year head to stagger the fees out over an agreed length of time. What you could do is get this form and arrange the first payment to be after you will know whether you have been accepted for the grant.

I have to pay 375 a month, I have already organised the mothly payment thing, the problem is, i was told by SUSI that i would know if i got the grant by october and that the first payment would be the 19th of october and that i would get the 375 i payed for september back.
    Now that i wont find out until the end of the month (at the earliest) i will have to pay for october, but i simply dont have the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

ClimberC wrote: »
    I have to pay 375 a month, I have already organised the mothly payment thing, the problem is, i was told by SUSI that i would know if i got the grant by october and that the first payment would be the 19th of october and that i would get the 375 i payed for september back.
    Now that i wont find out until the end of the month (at the earliest) i will have to pay for october, but i simply dont have the money.

Are you fairly certain of getting the grant and just waiting on a formal answer or is there some doubt? If there is doubt what is your plan if your grant application is rejected?

You could always go to the students union welfare officer and see if they could sort out some sort of reprieve for you given your situation. It's definitely worth a try as that's what they are there for.

I don't think you are in imminent danger anyway because when I was in the college dropping in some paperwork last summer there was some guy trying to get his results for the exams he did in May but they were withholding them because he still hadn't paid his fees! Even with this though I would recommend paying your fees on time and if you are going to be late try and get a reprieve through the CITSU or your course co-ordinator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭bluesea

Does anyone knowthe date the first maintenance grant will be paid?

Advertisement