Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toughened Glass Top for Table

• 04-10-2012 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hello,

Am wondering has anyone ever purchased a glass top cover for table and had to have work done on 1 side to accomdate 'dimple' effect. Am hoping to get one made for dining table but there are 6 diamond effects on surface and just wondering can this be done..

Tks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The diamond is carved as part of the table? How high is it?

You could add decorate spacers at the corners to allow for the diamonds and the glass would sit on that. Not ideal, but it might be the only way, apart from chiselling the diamonds off and then placing it directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Davy,

Diamond shape is approx. 2mm high...I thought about spacers but don't know how secure glass top will be if I lay on this. Shapes have to stay - I'd be linched if I did anything like that!

Tks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

You can get clear rubber studs that could stick on to the table and that would give you the 2mm clearance...glazers use them for holding glass shelves in place..I use them in shop and their great..

Also ring a few different glazers for a price for the toughened glass as there can be a big difference in price from one to the next.....

Advertisement