Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

199 different nationalities now in Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

coonecb1 wrote: »
    Good lord, is there anybody reading what I'm actually saying????

I don't claim there'll be domestic terrorism if we let in foreigners. I'm saying immigration is good, but there are also downsides. If immigration is left unchecked, a real world example of a downside is something like what they have in the UK where young men are recruited into groups who then want to bomb the country they were born in.

...we don't have unchecked immigration from outside the EU....

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jfallon

Nodin wrote: »
    ...we don't have unchecked immigration from outside the EU....

30,000 illegal immigrants currently in the state would suggest otherwise...

http://insideireland.ie/2012/03/16/30000-illegal-immigrants-in-ireland-61274/

With regards to 'unchecked immigration' , the majority of illegal immigrants who enter this state do so via the open border with Northern Ireland. They make their way from mainland UK and cross the border freely by rail, road or taxi, I would call that pretty 'unchecked', would you not? The state and the GNIB are well aware of this, and increased checkpoints and measures we're put in place over the past decade to try and crackdown on the numbers entering illegally, some were caught but a lot more got through!
    Just last December the Irish and British governments agreed to step up their co-operation in this area but I suppose its like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1220/border.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Alexidium

I'm foreign, lived here for almost 11 years, Irish passport, LOVE THIS COUNTRY! (Except the weather haha :))

Alexidium wrote: »
    I'm foreign, lived here for almost 11 years, Irish passport, LOVE THIS COUNTRY! (Except the weather haha :))

Welcome Alexidium! Hope it’s been for the most part a positive experience! :)
    Just curious, Would you consider yourself Irish or Irish/(your birth nationality)?
    I have relatives who moved to the US as kids, went to school/college there got married there have dual citizenship but still consider themselves Irish and stay very close to their Irish heritage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Alexidium

jfallon wrote: »
    Welcome Alexidium! Hope it’s been for the most part a positive experience! :)
    Just curious, Would you consider yourself Irish or Irish/(your birth nationality)?
    I have relatives who moved to the US as kids, went to school/college there got married there have dual citizenship but still consider themselves Irish and stay very close to their Irish heritage

I was born in Croatia, to Serbian parents. I consider myself Serbian but respect Ireland more than Serbia. One of the things I am most thankful about in my life is coming here. So far, the experience has been excellent, friendly people etc. I go to university here, my parents bought a house here, my father has his own business. I go to Serbia/Croatia every couple of years to visit family, but I consider Ireland home. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Indeed, go and ask them how immigration has worked out for them and their ancestors.

You really need to lear the difference between immigration and invasion.
    Yes most large cities have ghettos, that doesn't mean it's a good thing. I don't think we have any ghettos at the moment, but when I walk around South Circular road I see the potential for a ghetto. Same for up around Parnell street.

What was Fatima Mansions in your view? Different from a 'ghetto' because the occupants were white?
    Now if I was American I'd be seriously p*ssed off at this.

If you were an American you might learn something about racial diversity and tolerance. Or be labelled a redneck knuckledragger. America huh.

30,000 illegal immigrants currently in the state would suggest otherwise...

No, that would be fear mongering bollocks, seeking to confuse offcial policy with illegal immigration. There is no policy of unchecked immigration from outside the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

MadsL wrote: »
    You really need to lear the difference between immigration and invasion.

If you were an American you might learn something about racial diversity and tolerance. Or be labelled a redneck knuckledragger. America huh.

So when bad things come from immigration you call it an invasion. The poor old native Americans probably welcomed immigration in the beginning. But history has shown there were negative consequences for them as well.

I wonder how the Palestinian people feel about immigration to their region. Seems to have worked out very well indeed for the people of the West Bank and Gaza. Again, I would argue their have been negative consequences for immigration in Palestine.

And you talk about racial diversity and tolerance, tell me, how much tolerance did the Mexican fans show for the US national anthem????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭wandererz

I'm rather curious as to how "anyone who can afford the plane ticket over here simply be given an Irish passport?"

Can anyone explain how this occurs? i.e. from beginning to end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

just like most of the world........

exactly how many families were destroyed by drugs......

did we all go around moaning, and holding our heads in despair.......

adherence to the catholic religion, was optional.....

i never went to prison for not doing so......

yes, i can say i went hungery..but i didn't starve.....
    i went cold, but i didn't freeze to death.....
    yes, i got sick.....and went to the adelaide hospital......free.
    yes, i had no new clothes.....but who, cared.....

and, yes i got beaten at school....but, who didn't.
    yes, i went to the pictures, maybe 3 or 4 times a week...who didn't.
    yes, i rushed home to hear programmes on the radio..who didnt.

yes, i trimmed the wicks on the oil lamps..
    yes, i played games in the street...
    yes, i went in one door of the church.....and straight out the other.(whitefriar street)

yes, i walked to sandymount....and ate raw cockles...
    yes, i swam in the canal, and drank the water...

any more you wish to know about a happy childhood....

You're old enough to remember the Monty Pyton yorkshiremen scetch, if not, here's a sample.

Terry Gilliam: "We had it tough, we used to have to get up out of our shoebox at 12 o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We ate a handful of freezing gravel, worked 24 hours a day for four pence every six years. And when we got home our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

Eric Idle: "Right. I had to get up at 10 o'clock each night a half an hour BEFORE I went to bed. Drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work 25 hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us, and dance on our graves singing Halleaujah!

Michael Palin: "But you try tell that to the young people today, and they won't believe you".

• Advertisement

Alexidium wrote: »
    I was born in Croatia, to Serbian parents. I consider myself Serbian but respect Ireland more than Serbia. One of the things I am most thankful about in my life is coming here. So far, the experience has been excellent, friendly people etc. I go to university here, my parents bought a house here, my father has his own business. I go to Serbia/Croatia every couple of years to visit family, but I consider Ireland home. :)

I'm glad to hear you've had a good experience here so far. And I hope you stay here.

What's you're opinion on immigration?

Was it a factor in the war in the 90's? I genuinely am not sure what the causes were

wandererz wrote: »
    I'm rather curious as to how "anyone who can afford the plane ticket over here simply be given an Irish passport?"

Can anyone explain how this occurs? i.e. from beginning to end.

It doesn't happen. You're deliberately taking my quote out of context. Here's what I actually said:

For example, on one end of the spectrum we can be completely racist and opposed to all foreigners. On the other end we can allow our country to be completely free to anyone who can afford the plane ticket.

Neither of those are the best solution, there has to be some in-between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭wandererz

It doesn't happen. You're deliberately taking my quote out of context. Here's what I actually said:

For example, on one end of the spectrum we can be completely racist and opposed to all foreigners. On the other end we can allow our country to be completely free to anyone who can afford the plane ticket.

Neither of those are the best solution, there has to be some in-between

Ahh, now i see.
    Apologies, the joys of reading on smartphones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

So when bad things come from immigration you call it an invasion. The poor old native Americans probably welcomed immigration in the beginning. But history has shown there were negative consequences for them as well.

I wonder how the Palestinian people feel about immigration to their region. Seems to have worked out very well indeed for the people of the West Bank and Gaza. Again, I would argue their have been negative consequences for immigration in Palestine.

And you talk about racial diversity and tolerance, tell me, how much tolerance did the Mexican fans show for the US national anthem????
    That has to go down as the most ignorant post so far. Immigration is not the problem in Palistine as you well know, that is invasion and annexation.When you have to resort to childlike statements such as that you have lost the arguement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

I'm glad to hear you've had a good experience here so far. And I hope you stay here.

What's you're opinion on immigration?

Was it a factor in the war in the 90's? I genuinely am not sure what the causes were

I'm only guessing here, but national identity (the perceived loss of), sectarianism, islamophobia and historical grievances might do for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

9959 wrote: »
    You're old enough to remember the Monty Pyton yorkshiremen scetch, if not, here's a sample.

Terry Gilliam: "We had it tough, we used to have to get up out of our shoebox at 12 o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We ate a handful of freezing gravel, worked 24 hours a day for four pence every six years. And when we got home our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

Eric Idle: "Right. I had to get up at 10 o'clock each night a half an hour BEFORE I went to bed. Drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work 25 hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us, and dance on our graves singing Halleaujah!

Michael Palin: "But you try tell that to the young people today, and they won't believe you".

old enough but not a fan.....thank you for that.....

why most young people think that the old days were a nightmare, defeats me.....

i suppose it is frightening for the younger generation......their need is so great.........

i believe that there is a negative effect on a generation.....that is mainly confined to the inside of the family home....and in many cases, the bedroom.........

That has to go down as the most ignorant post so far. Immigration is not the problem in Palistine as you well know, that is invasion and annexation.When you have to resort to childlike statements such as that you have lost the arguement.

It started out from Jewish immigration to the Mandate of Palestine in the first half of the 20th Century. There was never an actual invasion, read the history books.

The Jews migrated there from Eastern Europe from the late 19th and continuing in to the 20th centuries, and in 1948 the state of Israel was founded.

There was no invasion, if so please tell me the date this invasion happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It started out from Jewish immigration to the Mandate of Palestine in the first half of the 20th Century. There was never an actual invasion, read the history books.

The Jews migrated there from Eastern Europe from the late 19th and continuing in to the 20th centuries, and in 1948 the state of Israel was founded.

There was no invasion, if so please tell me the date this invasion happened?

Is your point that a load of foreigners are going to come over here, take a feck load of land and then declare their own state. After which "ethnic" irish people whill be forced to live in ghettos whilst our polish overlords send transgendered applicants to the euro?

Grayson wrote: »
    Is your point that a load of foreigners are going to come over here, take a feck load of land and then declare their own state. After which "ethnic" irish people whill be forced to live in ghettos whilst our polish overlords send transgendered applicants to the euro?

No, that's not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is that immigration is a good thing, but we need to start discussing at what point do we draw a line in the sand.

I believe that if mass immigration occurs, there can be unintended negative consequences as well.

If mass immigration occurs over the course of 30/40 years, it cannot be reversed. The time to close the stable door is when the horse is in the stable, because when the horse has bolted there's nothing that can be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What I'm saying is that immigration is a good thing, but we need to start discussing at what point do we draw a line in the sand.

I believe that if mass immigration occurs, there can be unintended negative consequences as well.

If mass immigration occurs over the course of 30/40 years, it cannot be reversed. The time to close the stable door is when the horse is in the stable, because when the horse has bolted there's nothing that can be done.

What sort of unintended negative consequences?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

What sort of unintended negative consequences?

One downside of immigration is that it can dilute a country's cultural identity. This, for example, is why Japan is very opposed to immigration even though it really needs new workers as its population ages. "Too much" immigration can make it so that the immigrants' culture changes the native culture more than the natives are willing to have happen

One downside of immigration is that it can dilute a country's cultural identity. This, for example, is why Japan is very opposed to immigration even though it really needs new workers as its population ages. "Too much" immigration can make it so that the immigrants' culture changes the native culture more than the natives are willing to have happen

I'm not really sure what Irish cultural identity is though.

Is it following British football? shopping in german supermarkets? watching american comedy? using american phrases such as awesome?

Perhaps it is things like GAA, The language, geting drunk in pubs -

I've seen black kids on gaa pitches - they're not diluting anything -

I've seen men living in Turkey speaking Irish - they're not diluting anything

Perhaps humans should have stopped those who developed writing tools because it diluted their caveman culture

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Is it following British football? shopping in german supermarkets? watching american comedy? using american phrases such as awesome?

Perhaps humans should have stopped those who developed writing tools because it diluted their caveman culture

I think immigration has been terrific for Ireland, and at the moment 10% of the country is foreign born. There are 199 nationalities here.

I personally feel Ireland has benefited from immigration, so let's think about taking away the punch bowl before things go overboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Lies! Here's what you actually said:
    Should anyone who can afford the plane ticket over here simply be given an Irish passport?

As bizarre and nonsensical posts go, it's up there. I'd also like to know how this would work? How are passports issued now?

And why wouldn't ferry passengers get passports when they get off the ferry? :confused:

I think immigration has been terrific for Ireland, and at the moment 10% of the country is foreign born. There are 199 nationalities here.

I personally feel Ireland has benefited from immigration, so let's think about taking away the punch bowl before things go overboard.

That's not really answering my question or addressing any of my points

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Lies! Here's what you actually said:

As bizarre and nonsensical posts go, it's up there. I'd also like to know how this would work? How are passports issued now?

And why wouldn't ferry passengers get passports when they get off the ferry? :confused:

You're correct, that was my mistake I think I copied and pasted an earlier but similar post.

Anway, I was asking someone a question, whether or not they thought anyone who can afford a plane ticket be given a passport? I assume most people would say no.

I wasn't saying that anyone who comes here is given a passport on entry.

It was a question, not a statement of fact.

You're correct, that was my mistake I think I copied and pasted an earlier but similar post.

Anway, I was asking someone a question, whether or not they thought anyone who can afford a plane ticket be given a passport? I assume most people would say no.

I wasn't saying that anyone who comes here is given a passport on entry.

It was a question, not a statement of fact.

And what do you think the answer is? In every case? Who would suggest that their state issues passport to everyone who arrives on a plane? Do you equate this to being in favour of immigration? If you don't, why did you ask such a stupid question?

Sadly Irish cultural identity has been pretty much dying for the last 30 years or so.

It seems people turn their back on their culture because it's not 'cool'.

And if you don't know what Irish culture is, then I worry about your intellect.

There's no textbook definition of what it is, so don't expect me to recite one.

Sadly Irish cultural identity has been pretty much dying for the last 30 years or so.

Surely that's the choice of Irish people not the immigrants?

One question I'd like answered: Why should I restrict myself to Irish traditional music when there's a world of classical, jazz, rock, opera out there? Why should I restrict myself to watching coursing or hunting when there's a world of sport out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

So, you question the intellect of people who don't know what Irish culture is, yet you can't define it yourself? Wonderful.

Culture changes and has done in Ireland countless times in our history. Would you prefer if we had the same culture for ever and didn't develop? Can you think of any country that has managed to do that in its history?

• Advertisement

And what do you think the answer is? In every case? Who would suggest that their state issues passport to everyone who arrives on a plane? Do you equate this to being in favour of immigration? If you don't, why did you ask such a stupid question?

Exactly, but likewise some of the posters on this thread seem to think anyone arguing against more immigration is just a big nasty racist. It's an equally stupid viewpoint

Surely that's the choice of Irish people not the immigrants?

One question I'd like answered: Why should I restrict myself to Irish traditional music when there's a world of classical, jazz, rock, opera out there? Why should I restrict myself to watching coursing or hunting when there's a world of sport out there?

Who's saying you should restrict yourself to anything?

There's no need to restrict yourself, but it does seems nowadays that a lot of people are choosing to restrict their culture intake to anything that has come from abroad.

So, you question the intellect of people who don't know what Irish culture is, yet you can't define it yourself? Wonderful.

Yes that's correct. Because culture means different things to different people.

A culture would include things like language, music, sport etc.

There, happy now :rolleyes:

Yes that's correct. Because culture means different things to different people.

A culture would include things like language, music, sport etc.

There, happy now :rolleyes:

Great. So, to go back to your previous post about how our culture has changed irrevocably in the last 30 years, how would that apply to the aspects which define culture for you? 30 years ago, we were talking English, a lot of our music was heavily influenced by American and English musical genres and some of our most popular sports were rugby and soccer. Add to that that, despite the influx of 'foreigners' we still have a fairly healthy trad scene and GAA is more popular than ever? Countries can absorb other cultural influences without it affecting older more traditional pursuits and interests.

Why do we have to rush into more immigration.

Why can't we sit back look around at other countries that are further down the road of multiculturalism.

Surely we can learn something from those countries rather than unthinkingly imitating them.

I mean, a country like Sweden has plenty of problem with immigration. For example, Jews in Malmo are regularly attacked and intimidated, and they don't dare to wear their hats in public for fear of attack.

Anyone who claims not to know what Irish culture is, is either seriously trolling or deliberately trying to belittle it.
    Our culture is every bit as unique as Japanese culture, Chinese culture, and Arab culture and should be cherished just as much.
    So your request to define Irish culture, I assume your not looking for a definition of what culture is? So I'll humor you with a response:

http://www.irishculture.ie/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Ireland

Or maybe you're another one of these self loathing Irish people? if you are I sincerely pity you!
    As for the poster above attempts to bastardise Irish culture with references of getting drunk, supporting English soccer and shopping in German supermarkets. Another attempt at belittling our culture, I hope you're not Irish, if you are you should be ashamed of yourself!
    Remember folks, Attempts to demean and demonise another’s culture is one of the first tools of genocide. The Nazis did it as did the Hutus of Rwanda

So your request to define Irish culture, I assume your not looking for a definition of what culture is? So I'll humor you with a response:

Actually, if you look back to my initial post, you'll see that I was questioning someone else who shared a similar point of view as yourself and then claimed you couldn't define Irish culture.

A quick glance at the things listed in the Wiki article show that all of them are heavily influenced by outside forces. Which is to be expected, as that's how culture develops and becomes something vibrant. Stagnation in culture is never a good thing.
    Or maybe you're another one of these self loathing Irish people? if you are I sincerely pity you!

Nope, certainly not self-loathing, just have a different opinion to yourself, and have a basic understanding of how culture works.
    Remember folks, Attempts to demean and demonise another’s culture is one of the first tools of genocide. The Nazis did it as did the Hutus of Rwanda

Well done. Thread Godwined.

So when bad(........), tell me, how much tolerance did the Mexican fans show for the US national anthem????

As has been suggested, you should learn the difference between colonisation/invasion and immigration.

And I would have thought you embarrassed yourself enough over the whole anthem crap.
    One downside of immigration is that it can dilute a country's cultural identity

Yep, thats why we're all speaking polish, watching polish games and reading their papers. Jaysus you're the clever one.

Nodin wrote: »
    As has been suggested, you should learn the difference between colonisation/invasion and immigration.

And I would have thought you embarrassed yourself enough over the whole anthem crap.

Yep, thats why we're all speaking polish, watching polish games and reading their papers. Jaysus you're the clever one.

No we're not, and that's the way it should be.

But let's not allow it to get to the point where we have tensions between different communities.

Let's start thinking about how we can avoid the negative things being experienced in other countries.

Anyway, I said Jewish immigration led to the founding of Israel, and has led to an awful lot of suffering in that part of the word.

The Jews didn't invade and set up a country, the did it gradually through immigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

So many Brazilians in Gort yet Galway United went bust and finished bottom of the league

We're getting workers but no footballers :(

• Advertisement

Here's something that should keep the trolls happy:

"Some of my best friends are foreigners"

Haha, now I've just proved how racist I am, which should make some people happy :rolleyes:

For the record, I have 2 friends who are muslims, my ex-girlfriend of 4 years was an immigrant, and I like my work colleagues, a good deal of whom are immigrants.

But let's not allow it to get to the point where we have tensions between different communities..

...bit hard to avoid with people ranting ill thought out inaccurate shite on the internet and elsewhere.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    So many Brazilians in Gort yet Galway United went bust and finished bottom of the league

We're getting workers but no footballers :(

Yeah, that was one of the things I was looking forward to from immigration.

I thought the Irish soccer team would be brilliant by now.

Pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

We'll sort anyone out with a passport if you've got the skills ;)

Why do we have to rush into more immigration.

Why can't we sit back look around at other countries that are further down the road of multiculturalism.

Surely we can learn something from those countries rather than unthinkingly imitating them.

I mean, a country like Sweden has plenty of problem with immigration. For example, Jews in Malmo are regularly attacked and intimidated, and they don't dare to wear their hats in public for fear of attack.
    What makes you think the Jews are immigrants? They could be there for generations, hundreds of years, or are you inferring that those carrying out the attacks are immigrants, in which case can you link to evidence.

But let's not allow it to get to the point where we have tensions between different communities.

Let's start thinking about how we can avoid the negative things being experienced in other countries.

Anyway, I said Jewish immigration led to the founding of Israel, and has led to an awful lot of suffering in that part of the word.

The Jews didn't invade and set up a country, the did it gradually through immigration.
    Actually they did effectivley invade Palestine and drove the Palestinian people out through awful violence, that has nothing to do with immigration, they set out to invade and take over what they considered their homeland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

As has already been pointed out to you repeatedly there is a difference between immigration and invasion.

You seem confused about this, and the history and founding of the states of Israel and Palestine. I suggest you read up a bit before you start using those as examples.

And you have stated that 10% is the figure you have arrived at through your "observations". Now discussing anything with you makes me feel like a cat chasing a laser pointer, so if you don't mind what is the objective basis for the 10% figure compared with the percentage rate for other European cities. Or does 10% just sound nice?

And you have been asked repeatedly to discuss what these are, but rather you choose just to repeat yourself. Do you know how a discussion works?

Finally an example. Except it is a non-example. You are citing something that hasn't happened to support your argument that something will happen. Like using elephant repellant in Gort.

...you left out "for example". Could we have one?

Tell me, were you shocked when it transpired that the irish were not in fact Celts and that everything Colm Meany told you about "Celtic Mysticism" was wrong? 2.15 below.

What makes you think the Jews are immigrants? They could be there for generations, hundreds of years, or are you inferring that those carrying out the attacks are immigrants, in which case can you link to evidence.

Well, here's a link to some evidence if you'd care to take a look:

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-features/after-another-malmo-attack-sweden-s-jews-resolve-to-keep-up-solidarity-rallies-1.469460

Actually they did effectivley invade Palestine and drove the Palestinian people out through awful violence, that has nothing to do with immigration, they set out to invade and take over what they considered their homeland.

When did they "effectively invade" Palestine?

What was the date of this invasion? Did they arrive on boats like the Vikings and rape a plunder the place?

• Advertisement

I'm being told about how the Jews invaded Palestine, but the fact is there was not one invasion.

It was a gradual wave of immigration that happened over decades before the declaration of statehood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement