Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Wireless Keyboard to Windows 7

Options
  • 04-10-2012 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My Windows 7 machine cannot find my new Apple wireless keyboard. I have turned the device on and am able to pair it with my iPhone but not PC.

How do I check if my machine is bluetooth enabled? If it's not, is there any way I can use my new device?

Walrus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Check for a Bluetooth device in Device Manager and the System tray.

If there isn't, just get a Bluetooth USB dongle. You can get a cheap one on eBay or wherever else for a few euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Check for a Bluetooth device in Device Manager and the System tray.

If there isn't, just get a Bluetooth USB dongle. You can get a cheap one on eBay or wherever else for a few euro.

mmm, so I should really have bought a wired keyboard in that case. The dongle seems more hassle and expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Just an idea and presuming you bought it from apple directly, why don't you exchange it for a wired one? You get a numberpad aswell and its €20 cheaper.

Just an idea and presuming you bought it from apple directly, why don't you exchange it for a wired one? You get a numberpad aswell and its €20 cheaper.

I never use the number pad on my current keyboard and I liked the flexibility of the wireless but it looks like I'll have to get a wired one.

So apart from buying a dongle, there's no other way to get bluetooth on my Windows (or even confirm that I don't have it already)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

most laptops have bluetooth if its a desktop more than likely it doesnt

• Advertisement

iIezS.png

Is there an entry like this in Device Manager?

Is there an entry like this in Device Manager?

Nope :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Micro BT USB adapter, 16 yoyos here.

Then follow these instructions to pair the keyboard.

Torqay wrote: »
    Micro BT USB adapter, 16 yoyos here.

Then follow these instructions to pair the keyboard.

Thanks but I think I'll buy a wired one. The extra hardware and expense lessens the advantages of the wireless.

Yea, think I should return. Thanks for all replies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try updating the bluetooth drivers for the Dell. There were known issues with some of them Dell shipped machines with pairing devices, well worth a shot.

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Try updating the bluetooth drivers for the Dell.

But there is no Bluetooth adapter... :confused:

If ye're talking about this post, the OP wasn't sure whether they had BT or not on their machine, so I posted an example for what they should have been looking for - that's a screenshot from my laptop.

If ye're talking about this post, the OP wasn't sure whether they had BT or not on their machine, so I posted an example for what they should have been looking for - that's a screenshot from my laptop.

Well, if there is no BT entry in the device manager, then chances are there is no BT adapter installed. And the OP is talking about a PC, BT adapters are not really common in desktops. Also, the OP didn't say it was a Dell computer. ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Torqay wrote: »
    But there is no Bluetooth adapter... :confused:

Sorry, I glanced at EarthlyPangaeas screenshot and assumed it was the op

Nick

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Yea, think I should return. Thanks for all replies.

Before you do this guy on adverts is selling adapters for 4 quid. Probably won't cost much more than sending it back. :)

http://www.adverts.ie/cables/mini-bluetooth-2-0-adapter-dongle/2164807

I decided to return it and bought a wired keyboard. It's great.

Thanks for all your input.

Advertisement