Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the latest Scam??

Options
  • 04-10-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Was in Franklin the Crescent yesterday (vedry nice) when some lunatic started abusing a young employee of the place.
    The woman in question ordered a plate of chips, scoffed the lot and then asked the young employee if the chips had been fried in something else previously.
    Back came the answer that previous to frying the chips sausages were fried in the same oil.
    At that this woman ranted and raved that as she was a Vegan and should have been told that the oil was used to fry other commodities so much so that she extremely upset the girl who was visably shaken.

Personally I think that this woman has Mental Health issues as if I were a Vegan or Vegitarian I would have asked the question of what oils are used and what is fried in them BEFORE ordering anything to eat. NOT after I have scoffed what I had ordered!

Is this the latest scam to get out of paying for food consumed or is it another way of trying to sue cafe;s and restaraunts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Probably more opportunist than scam. She's chancing her arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mr E wrote: »
    Probably more opportunist than scam. She's chancing her arm.

Agree. The world is full of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

[/b]I think this is more suited for the Vegetarian & Vegan forum rather than Limerick.

@Mods: Feel free to move back to Limerick if you don't think it's for you.[/b]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I don't think it's a Veggie issue at all. Just a scammer or attention seeker.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

The young girl should have said, why yes we are just after cooking some just in, fresh today lamb chops. And for effect be licking her lips while passing on this info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Sha_key

It's just yer one being a bitch. It's her own tough **** for not asking about the chips before hand. As a vegan I always question these things.

Sounds like a scam.
    As you said, someone who cared enough to complain. Would have asked first.

Advertisement