Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's about time I just build it myself

Options
  • 04-10-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

When I moved to Ireland a couple years ago I just got a machine from Harvey Norman's and it's actually served me well (with a little tinkering of my own) but now it's time for an upgrade and I'd like to get away from these budget prebuild's where there is always something sacrificed and everything is integrated. This will be mainly for gaming and I'd like to do it proper. I'm looking for mid-range parts as this seems to be the best bang for buck and will upgrade again in 2-3 years. I'm confident in putting it together myself, just not sure about some of the differences in components (eg. which PSU for which CPU for which motherboard for which case)

1. What is your budget? €1,000 +/-

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Ultra-high settings on games like Skyrim, Lord of the Rings Online (etc), hosting Minecraft server and play at same time. Internet streaming. This will be my main media hub as well. No need for rendering or editing though.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yep. 64-bit win 7

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Nope.

5. Do you need a monitor? NEED? No.

5a. If yes, what size do you need. n/a

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1680x1050. Would like to upgrade in near future, or even add a second display.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Maybe a proper gaming keyboard/mouse depending on prices.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Sure.

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] Any of these.

9. When are you purchasing? Hopefully by end of month.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Cork City

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

:pac:. . . . . :confused:

Comments

Advertisement