Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smyths toys next day delivery

Options
  • 04-10-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi All. We ordered toys on Wednesday for next day delivery. This did not happen. Will I get a refund if we refuse delivery and just go buy it in the store. Tried ringing them but to no avail. Also e-mailed them twice. Please reply as I've a rather sad little boy here. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Hmm, an interesting one. Was the order put through before 2PM? That's their terms for next day delivery IIRC. I don't know about refusing the delivery but i do know there is no link between a brick and mortar "Smyths" and the online store so the staff their won't be able to help apart from contacting someone who might know. Also, the delivery may arrive later today, I'ld give it until at least 5 or 6 before getting the items direct.

If they have taken payment be aware that it will be a few days before this payment is back in your account, and that has nothing to do with Smyths but the banking system. IIRC most Smyths will offer refunds on goods delivered online. Hope some of that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Today is only Thursday. Do you mean last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

I placed the order Thuesday at 11 a.m and have tried do get hold of them since this morning. Items are not bulky or over 30 kilos so I really don't understand how they can excuse this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Did you get a tracking number?

Note from their website:
    What if the delivery date has passed and I still don't have my order?
    Please note that delivery dates are estimates only, and are not guaranteed. Due to many factors, delivery dates can also change. We do our best to provide accurate estimates and provide you with resources for tracking your order, such as order detail and tracking links. Orders that are shipped via our delivery carriers will have tracking information. Click here for more information on tracking orders

http://www.toys.ie/help-centre/shipping--delivery-2hc.aspx#tpc5

No I only received an order numbet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

happydayz8 wrote: »
    No I only received an order numbet.

That sounds like it's not even shipped yet :(

Oh dear. That's not very good of them. Not sure what I'll do now. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ana36

Hi All. We ordered toys on Wednesday for next day delivery. This did not happen. Will I get a refund if we refuse delivery and just go buy it in the store. Tried ringing them but to no avail. Also e-mailed them twice. Please reply as I've a rather sad little boy here. Thanks

Hey,

I ordered some items last week (Tuesday) and they arrived yesterday. I e-mailed them early this week and eventually I got a response which said that they are experiencing a large volume of orders and have been unable to achieve their next day delivery service.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks Ana36. We relied on the next day delivery or day after. I decided to buy in store. E-mailed them to cancel the order and we'll refuse delivery. I'll have to deal with the refund now. Very frustrating that they promise next day delivery and don't live up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Thanks Ana36. We relied on the next day delivery or day after. I decided to buy in store. E-mailed them to cancel the order and we'll refuse delivery. I'll have to deal with the refund now. Very frustrating that they promise next day delivery and don't live up to it.

They don't guarantee next day delivery. - though it would be handy if they had a page about delivery and explain everything to their customers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Ana36

With regards to the refund, don't forget that calls to their 1550 customer service number in 95c per minute so you might want to consider communication by e-mail. I found them fine to deal with by e-mail (when they eventually got around to responding to my query!)
    Good luck! :)

Just a little update. Delivery arrived today but only one out of two items. I've still to receive one answer to my requests. This is now beyond a joke!

Advertisement