Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Broadband Wexford

Options
  • 04-10-2012 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Our business broadband has been continually dropping for the last couple of weeks. The best we are supposed to get is 2.5/3mb, the best we are getting at present is anything from nothing to 1.4mb.

We are fed up with continuing issues with Eircom Broadband and as for customer service, non existent.

Looks like we will be dropping Eircom shortly for anything but Eircom.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi,
    Our business broadband has been continually dropping for the last couple of weeks. The best we are supposed to get is 2.5/3mb, the best we are getting at present is anything from nothing to 1.4mb.

We are fed up with continuing issues with Eircom Broadband and as for customer service, non existent.

Hi Royal Legend,

I've tested the line today using details from the previous case and that doesn't show an issue with the phoneline. The DSL test however isn't clear since the modem isn't an eircom product. It shows the attainable speed at a lower rate than we have provided. Has anything changed with regards the internal setup recently?

Also, how many devices are connected to the modem at one time? Obviously the speed would be divided up between each connected device so a 3mb line might struggle at times if there are a few computers connected. Do you have an eircom modem you could plug in to allow ourselves or support to test it again?

Thanks

James

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

1. We pay for Eircom broadband (3mb) as far as I know you did not supply a modem, I could be incorrect on this.

2. We pay for 3mb of Broadband, for three years solid you mis-sold us upto 7mb of broadband when it was not even feasible in our area.

3. We are not large users of the internet, e-mail mostly. on about 5/6 computers of which maybe 3 at any one time. This has never been an issue before, and that is the first I heard of the mbs being split. We have had 2.5mb for the last few months from you, now it is less than 1mb sometimes

4. I will discuss with our IT people in the morning and get their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

Hi,

Have you talked to Wicklow Broadband? We use them and no problem but not sure where you based, we are in Ballymoney, Wexford

Advertisement