Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for camera person to video gig

Options
  • 04-10-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm doing an album launch gig in November here in Dublin and would like to get it on video. I can't afford the pay the musicians so thought if I made a decent video of the show I could give it to them.

I can edit it myself but need someone to bring & operate a camera during the show. If they could also supply 1 or 2 static cameras that would be a bonus.

I am not looking for this to be done for free and will pay someone for their time. I've already approached some production companies to get a sense of the real cost of producing this professionally and it's simply out of my price range.

PM me if you would like to do this. It'll be a hassle free evening and all I will need from you are video files from the cameras.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Filming a dimly lit gig can be something beyond the ability of a novice, you'd want to make sure they know what they're doing as they might find out too late that they haven't recorded it properly.

They would need a decent to pro level camera that allows them to manually adjust their camera settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Thanks Scumlord. Yes the lighting will be a challenge. I found someone who can do it for me with 3 x HD cameras (2 fixed 1 operated) and the venue will supply a feed & multitrack post-gig. I'll make sure to ask them about how they'll light it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I might know someone! I just threw it to them on facebook there for yeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Thanks for all the PMs. I have sourced a videographer to do the show (we are bartering services as he needs assistance on a project).

Advertisement