Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good 2nd hand bookshops in Cork?

Options
  • 04-10-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Wouldn't mind picking up a few old books.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

'uneedabook' on Oliver Plunkett street and 'Connolly's' on Rory Gallagher Square. Vibes and Scribes on Lavitts Quay may still do secondhand books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Check the cancer shop next to The Roundy. Always some good stuff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Lemag wrote: »
    'uneedabook' on Oliver Plunkett street and 'Connolly's' on Rory Gallagher Square. Vibes and Scribes on Lavitts Quay may still do secondhand books.

The Lavitt's Quay Vibes and Scribes is actually split into two separate stores, the left entrance (as you face it) has the second hand books (and new graphic novels), the right entrance has all new stock. I found some of the second hand stuff a bit pricey though, only 1 or 2 euro cheaper on some paperbacks than buying them new.

Connolly's is great for a browse but is quite disorganised, heaps of books everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

the Oxfam bookshop on the street with dot cotton and the Strasbourg goose. bit hit and miss bit I got the damned utd in there for 2.50 last week

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

North Main street has a load of charity shops that sell books. I was actually looking all over town for a certain book, none of the big name bookshops had it as it has actually been out of print since 1995! Anyway I chanced my arm in one of the shops on North Main street and found it... for 2 feckin euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Chris O Donoghue

The Shelf on Georges Quay carry a good stock of 2nd hand books

Advertisement