Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Gonzaga or Oatlands stream their 1st year students?

Options
  • 04-10-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out if Gonzaga or Oatlands stream their 1st year students into A, B and C classes? I am in two minds as to whether streaming would be beneficial or not for my son.

Regards,

Ben
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Streaming has mostly been discredited in educational circles.
    I think most Irish schools 'band' now, which leaves movement between levels open for the students and does not decide early on what their ability level will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

It's been a good few years since I was in Gonzaga, but there was no streaming in first year when I was there and I can't imagine that it'd be different now.

The only classes that were ever streamed were Leaving Cert Irish and maths and even at that there was always movement if it was felt that someone was out of their dept or was being held back by the class.

Advertisement