Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymitty Supply Stores Limited

Options
  • 04-10-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Hey people is anyone familar with Ballymitty Supply Stores Limited (BSTL)? It was a shop that provided things like grocery and hardware. It was located in a place called Ballymitty, Co. Wexford which is 5 mins from Wellington Bridge and had been in operation for like 30 years. It closed down in 2010. I just wanted to know if anyone has any insight as to why the business failed?

Im studying strategic marketing planning for small and local businesses. I heard that BSTL had a very unhealthy accounts receivables and like most Irish companies were victims of the boom/celtic tiger. Also I would assume they failed to adapt to the poor economic climate by not serving their customers better.

I would appreciate further analyisis as to why BSTL closed down. Also it would be great if anyone has any links/articles on BSTL.

Thank you.

Advertisement