Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at victoria cross

Options
  • 04-10-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Hi i passed here at around 5 today and there were at least 3 garda cars outside what used to be centra there,does anyone know what was going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I heard on red fm traffic just after 5 it was a car crash,
    they didnt say anything else but it must have been serious enough if the guards turned up!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

person was knocked down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its a fecking deadly piece of road there. Cars park fort he centra, then try to back out on the turn. There are 2 sets of traffic lights very close to each other and unless you know the lay of the land you could easily walk out on the road seeing a red traffic light, when in fact that is the next one along.

Not to mention cars are always switching lanes wily nilly.

Surprised there are not more accidents there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

I often thought how did they get planning for the centra and the carpark where they have to back out onto a busy road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Agreed, deadly spot there. Centra isn't there anymore now though, some new place opened - diner or something so maybe won't be as busy with people making pit stops to pick up a few things like before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

gimmick wrote: »
    Its a fecking deadly piece of road there. Cars park fort he centra, then try to back out on the turn. There are 2 sets of traffic lights very close to each other and unless you know the lay of the land you could easily walk out on the road seeing a red traffic light, when in fact that is the next one along.

Not to mention cars are always switching lanes wily nilly.

Surprised there are not more accidents there tbh.

Yes. I mentioned this to my husband who says the same thing. I hate driving that way. People seem to lose all reason when driving there. Only a couple of weeks ago, someone backed out of the Centra (forgetting it's illegal to back on to a main road.:rolleyes:), and nearly hit me. Had to swerve to get out of the way - luckily there was no traffic in the other lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

leahyl wrote: »
    Agreed, deadly spot there. Centra isn't there anymore now though, some new place opened - diner or something so maybe won't be as busy with people making pit stops to pick up a few things like before.

It's a diner and liquor store now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Liquor was the only thing Centra sold anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

Apparently Brendan Kilkenny was spotted doing scissors kicks in the area.

Advertisement