Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

simple CCTV Camera needed

Options
  • 04-10-2012 7:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine runs a business and his office is at the rear of his property, he has a CCTV camera currently covering the entrance so he can see if anyone calls. This camera is about 10 years old and the picture quality has gotten poorer over time. It is a simple setup with no recording and he wants to get a new camera with better picture quality. He was looking at some on eBay and I don't really know anything about it, He probably will be able to use the same wiring but I said I'd help him to do it if he wanted.

I read recently somewhere that there is like a register of CCTV installer so I'm not even sure if you are allowed to do a DIY job like this anymore and that unlicensed CCTV installers can be fined, surely for a DIY job it would not apply?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Once your not employed to do it its fine :-)
    And your helping him so you'll be grand :-)
    I don't no if CCTV licensing has come into effect yet but one of the other lads might clear this up

Advertisement