Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod After Falling In Water

Options
  • 04-10-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭

Today, I accidentally dropped my iPod into the toilet and unsurprisingly, it isn't working. I've already tried drying it out with a hair dryer. I've since learned that it's not a good idea but I tried to turn it on but it's not working.

I'm not holding out much hope but is there any chance at all of saving it? I haven't had it that long and the shop I got it from has since closed down so I'm desperate not to have to shell out another €200+ for a new iPod.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Fill a glass with dry uncooked rice and put the iPod into it for a few days. It has to be totally covered in rice so a box of rice might be needed. It will draw the moisture out. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

ian87 wrote: »
    Fill a glass with dry uncooked rice and put the iPod into it for a few days. It has to be totally covered in rice so a box of rice might be needed. It will draw the moisture out. Hope this helps

Thanks, I'll try that

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jim05

something similiar happened me before, put it into the bag of rice for a few days then when I took it out I connected it up to laptop for about half an hour and it worked again, only problem since is I can't adjust the screens contrast.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Suas11 wrote: »
    Today, I accidentally dropped my iPod into the toilet and unsurprisingly, it isn't working. I've already tried drying it out with a hair dryer. I've since learned that it's not a good idea but I tried to turn it on but it's not working.

I'm not holding out much hope but is there any chance at all of saving it? I haven't had it that long and the shop I got it from has since closed down so I'm desperate not to have to shell out another €200+ for a new iPod.

Not sure what that has to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 louglee

ian87 is correct rice works really well, I've also used it with mobile phones etc. don't listen to anyone who tells you to put it in a hotpress or place it on a radiator, it may or may not work but most of the time it doesn't. I only dropped my ipod into a sink of water, placed it in the hotpress for 2 days, put it on a radiator wrapped in a tea-towel for a day, still didn't work - put it into a bowel of rice for 12 hours and just like magic it worked again, in fact it got dropped on the ground and got a really big crack in the screen about 6 months later, I decided to chance bringing it into an apple retailer, as it I had payed all that money for the Apple Care, I presumed that like most electronics they would be able to tell it had got wet (usually makes the warranty null & void). However to my surprise they replaced it, no mention of water damage, complete surprise as the guy on front of me was told that they would fix his iPhone as it had water damage and that wasn't covered by warranty. Couldn't believe my Luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Suas11 wrote: »

You'll pick up a decent 2nd hand one on adverts.ie

Advertisement