Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics

• 04-10-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭

Would have preferred to do History for leaving by miles, but my school is laid out such that I'm not allowed to and have to do physics instead. It is impossible. I have never encountered something so difficult in all my life, none of us can even wrap our heads around any of the wave/ray theory. This is just a bit into fifth year. Does it get any easier? What's the pass rate like in it and how did others who did it find it? I hate having to do it.. I could have done brilliantly in history, I love reading about things that are on the syllabus in history by myself. School strongly recommended I don't take it on by myself.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Hey, I'm in 5th year now aswell and I absolutely love Physics :D I also love history :o . We started on Light reflection, refraction, lenses etc. So it's a bit easy atm, we're studying waves next I think. Physics is relatively easy if you have an interest in it and once you understand it. Don't think of it like maths or any of the written subjects.
    Best of luck, let me know if ye need any help when you get to the light chapter ;)

And if you want to do history, you can always do it by yourself despite what the school said. I'm thinking of doing history or applied maths on my own. It's very much possible if you love the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Is it because your teacher is bad that you are finding it hard? The light and wave parts of physics are fairly manageable, nothing too hard to get your head around, it's kind of a "this is how it is, now learn it" topic. :) I would highly recommend using thephysicsteacher.ie as a resource and also YouTube... Some of the videos on YouTube are top class. Watch the videos by vihart, they're not all that relevant to physics but there is one relevant to sound which is amazing. Other than that, I tend to just search on YouTube for experiments and topics on the LC course and sometimes, lecturers in America might have videos up explaining the topics in a practical way. :) PM me for any help you may need, so far I've been getting A's and I'm in sixth year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Thanks so much both of you, that site is great iLikePiano. Should come in handy. I don't like to blame things on teachers, I just find the subject extremely difficult and it's something that seems to be a hard thing to explain (that is, the syllabus)

Advertisement