Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dubliners: Beware (might concern people in other cities too).

• 04-10-2012 8:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads,

I meant to post this ages ago but forgot.

Basically this is what's going on.

Since about July there have been people wandering around Dublin at weekends, about 15 in total, wearing bright blue t-shirts with anti-drugs stuff written on them handing out leaflets called "the truth about drugs" and asking people to sign a "declaration" for an organisation called "Foundation for a drug free world".

Pretty harmless, right?

Well no, no it's not.

These people are members of the "Church" of Scientology, they are targeting teenagers and college aged kids with their nonsense and the only aim is to try and recruit more members for their twisted cult.

If you happen to see them wandering around the streets talking to kids, confront them and warn the kids that the people they are talking to are members of the CoS and part of a sick cult that just wants their money.

Worst part about it is they are using their own kids to approach groups of teens to get chatting to them.

Makes me a little sick.

So if you seethese guys in town, warn the kids they are targeting.

Edit:

Link added for proof and ****.

http://www.scientology.org/faq/scientology-in-society/foundation-for-a-drug-free-world.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

News Flash

Warped Religion tries to recruit followers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Sure you want to be on drugs to talk to them people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

So they're Cruiseing around roping in new cultists? That's Travolting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Seaneh wrote: »
    ...wearing bright blue t-shirts with anti-drugs stuff written on them handing out leaflets called "the truth about drugs" and asking people to sign a "declaration" for an organisation called "Foundation for a drug free world".
    To be fair, I'd normally avoid anyone like this anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Okay. Thank you for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

There are other cities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Since about July there have been people wandering around Dublin at weekends, about 15 in total, wearing bright blue t-shirts with anti-drugs stuff written on them handing out leaflets called "the truth about drugs" and asking people to sign a "declaration" for an organisation called "Foundation for a drug free world".

Rumours that the group includes a reformed brummytom were denied last night by the poster's spokeperson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Say no to drugs... Say yes to curing yourself from the alien beings that are capturing your soul!

F*cking Scientologists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

The guy in the back with the jacket on looks dodgey as fock! :o

I'd avoid him, blue jacket or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

they are targeting teenagers and collage kids with their nonsense

How did the people that are taken in by this stuff even make it to college?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ill do what i do when i see a bastard chugger, just change direction and keep walking

• Site Banned Posts: 45 Alan_Curry

All religions are scams. I hate the Church so much that I actually go to churches just to steal notes and euro coins from the collection trays; I get involved in fund-raisers too just to pocket a few quid for myself. Better off me having the money instead of lining the the pockets of priests whom worship an invisible God in the clouds.

So if I sign it does that mean I'm in or what? I guess it's the only way to leave the Catholic Church.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Alan_Curry wrote: »
    All religions are scams. I hate the Church so much that I actually go to churches just to steal notes and euro coins from the collection trays; I get involved in fund-raisers too just to pocket a few quid for myself. Better off me having the money instead of lining the the pockets of priests whom worship an invisible God in the clouds.

So you're a thief?

Well done...

Thieving from thieves, like Robin Hood. Except this is a recession and I need the money.

Thanks.

Thieving from thieves, like Robin Hood. Except this is a recession and I need the money.

Thanks.

No, you're just a thief.

So if I sign it does that mean I'm in or what? I guess it's the only way to leave the Catholic Church.

No, it means you are legitimizing them though.

OOOOH, you've got me so riled up with that utter, horrible attitude, you bad bad man, you should be ashamed....NOT. They see me Trolling, they hatin, they doing a crap job of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's not college aged kids, it's collage aged kids. You don't need to be a brainbox to makes collages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

This method they use of recruiting is NOT new to them.
    They have been doing this elsewhere.
    They also run other agencies under the guise of team-leading ventures and other work related agencies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why didn't I ever think of taking the money OUT of the collection box?! :eek: Fuck. Could've been rich by now :(

yupya1 wrote: »
    There are other cities?
    Town, mostly. Biggins, are you saying FAS were Scientologistists?

No, you're just a thief.

True but thieving from thieves isn't as bad as thieving from the innocent.

Go to your local church and take the moral high-ground there; see how they react - they're the biggest thieves here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

yupya1 wrote: »
    There are other cities?
    Why yes there are. It's the reason we have the word cities!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

No, you're just a thief.

Tell that to a judge.

Pottler wrote: »
    Biggins, are you saying FAS were Scientologistists?

:pac:

It would be news to AnCo and Manpower! :pac:

No, it means you are legitimizing them though.

How?

OOOOH, you've got me so riled up with that utter, horrible attitude, you bad bad man, you should be ashamed....NOT. They see me Trolling, they hatin, they doing a crap job of it...

You can feel riled-up as much as you want but religion IS a scam. You're probably too dumb to join the dots and notice that every empire needed a religion to control its people. It was Constantine whom started the Catholic Church in Rome. He elected a Pope that can communicate with God. A bit too convenient, don't you think? Then again, no point explaining to you, you're just a silly Catholic.

Right lads,

Pretty harmless, right?

Well no, no it's not.

These people are members of the "Church" of Scientology, they are targeting teenagers and college aged kids with their nonsense and the only aim is to try and recruit more members for their twisted cult.

If you happen to see them wandering around the streets talking to kids, confront them and warn the kids that the people they are talking to are members of the CoS and part of a sick cult that just wants their money.

Worst part about it is they are using their own kids to approach groups of teens to get chatting to them.

Makes me a little sick.

This proves it: http://www.scientology.org/faq/scientology-in-society/foundation-for-a-drug-free-world.html

• Advertisement

Tell that to a judge.

I am a judge. That's the beauty of it. I'm practically above the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

They usually get the lonely ones.

Everyone has a desire to belong to a society, group, etc... and when you don't fit in in college, these cult guys pick you up.

a fat guy wrote: »
    They usually get the lonely ones.

Everyone has a desire to belong to a society, group, etc... and when you don't fit in in college, these cult guys pick you up.

Correct, their questioning and chatting, filtering techniques are very perfected to find the ones suitable to their mind games and PR.

They are NOT to be underestimated.
    The cult did not build up its billions in revenue by being amateur in techniques and application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

They were out on Grafton Street in front of HMV a few weeks back.

Can't be doing any more harm then those creepy looking auld lads who were trying to hand out those blue stringed catholic medal thingys and assorted propoganda in Temple Bar last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Are you Batman ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Thanks.

We've needed someone like you to come and clean up the streets for a long time.

On topic if I see any of these lads around while I'm in Dublin I might have a bit of a laugh with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

They aren't as bad as the Amnesty International people on O Connell street. Jesus they're annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

then theres the "fight against drugs" guys in pubs.....while looking like dealers themselves. total scam (as told by a guard in the know)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Can't be doing any more harm then those creepy looking auld lads who were trying to hand out those blue stringed catholic medal thingys and assorted propoganda in Temple Bar last weekend.
    Scientology makes the pedo catholic church look legit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

But now you've become everything you hate. You are the thief who thieves from thieves. Thieveception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You can feel riled-up as much as you want but religion IS a scam. You're probably too dumb to join the dots and notice that every empire needed a religion to control its people. It was Constantine whom started the Catholic Church in Rome. He elected a Pope that can communicate with God. A bit too convenient, don't you think? Then again, no point explaining to you, you're just a silly Catholic.
    Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

'The Leader is Good, The leader is Great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Banned.

Just not quite above the law.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I'd like to partner with this group. If they find any drugs they can bring them to me and I will ensure they are properly disposed of.

mattjack wrote: »
    Just not quite above the law.....

Best post of the day! :D

BURN!!!! :D

I love these Culties and the hari-Krishnas as well, i have a good laugh winding them up. I was on Oxford street and a hari-Krishna group was out drumming up Little-krishnas - after about ten minutes of Pottlering they were trying to make their excuses and head off, I did my Jehovas witness bit on them and kept them talking(about themselves) until they were literally squirming to get away. Being unembarassable and a bit of a cnut can be fun when the cults come calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Right lads,

Pretty harmless, right?

Well no, no it's not.

Makes me a little sick.

Edit:

Link added for proof and ****.

http://www.scientology.org/faq/scientology-in-society/foundation-for-a-drug-free-world.html

Why do feckers like this never come up to me for a chat and a bit of banter. I'd love to tell a bunch of Scientology clowns about how I think drugs are great and that heroin should be legalised.

No one ever harasses me with their religious bullsh*t. *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Did you read this on the link:
    To date, more than 700 million have heard or seen The Truth About Drugs message and wherever campaign materials have saturated populations, usage rates have dramatically dropped.

What a claim to make !!! They are curing drug abuse problems around the world :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Is it just illegal drugs they are against? Surely alcohol/tobacco do far more damage to the human race than say cannabis, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I love these Culties and the hari-Krishnas as well, i have a good laugh winding them up. I was on Oxford street and a hari-Krishna group was out drumming up Little-krishnas - after about ten minutes of Pottlering they were trying to make their excuses and head off, I did my Jehovas witness bit on them and kept them talking(about themselves) until they were literally squirming to get away. Being unembarassable and a bit of a cnut can be fun when the cults come calling.

Friend of mine convinced a pro lifer that there was a new video game coming out called "The Abortionist" where you go around with a coat hanger...you can guess the rest. Your man was practically foaming at the mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Did you read this on the link:

What a claim to make !!! They are curing drug abuse problems around the world :eek::eek:

They also claim to have 8 million members in their 'Church', when independent studies puts the figure at 150,000.

Then again, their founder was a writer of fiction, so in a way they're following in his footsteps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement