Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work experience ideas

• 04-10-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

So basically there's a work experience module on my business course and it's compulsory to get the full cert, but I can do it anywhere and I don't specifically have to do a business studies related course.

So a business will be getting my services for a week and not have to pay me a cent!! But I'm not sure what I want to do, any ideas? Regarding towns, I'm most familiar with Kilrush and Ennis. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Local authorities in Ennis / Kilrush with the embargo they're apparently desperate for staff! Especially when it's free :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Try hotels around the place, I'm sure a lot of them would be glad of some help, same goes with Golf Clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Clareman wrote: »
    Try hotels around the place, I'm sure a lot of them would be glad of some help, same goes with Golf Clubs.

Thanks.

Just thought I'd bump this once more. I'm going to start going out places and asking in the next few days, but just looking for a few more suggestions.

I am well used to using computer applications and I'm an exceptionally fast typist so that's one area I would feel fairly comfortable in.

Wouldn't mind the hotel work either, might ask the Old Ground or Queens. You sound confident they would be all for taking on volunteers? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Don't forget the Temple Gate, they are usually great at stuff like this. Also, drop the likes of the Chamber of Commerce, Enable Ireland, Mr. Bin Man, Clean Ireland, hospital/doctor's offices/pharamcies (long shots cause of confidential information), schools, Phyios a line as well.

I'd do a bit of research before "cold calling" on places/people, look up their websites and get some email addresses, drop them a line saying how you are looking for some experience and would appreciate it if you could meet with them to introduce yourself and see if they had anything available for someone like yourself, make sure you include details on the course you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Clareman, what do you think of asking pubs?

• Advertisement

Wouldn't do you any harm to ask everyone in town :) I'd imagine a lot of pubs could be glad to have someone help out for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Vandelay Industries!

Advertisement