Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSD System reserved

Options
  • 04-10-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I fitted a new samsung ssd 830 64Gb, to my comp and went into the bios and changed the settings to ahci but when I went onto my computer it doesn't show the sdd, I then went to computer management - disk management and found the ssd. But it now says system reserved and there is only 70mb free space on the ssd. How do I delete the partition that is on the ssd so that I can store files on it.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

What version of Windows 7 are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DeusXv

windows 7 ultimate

The system reserved partition is used by Bitlocker encryption.
    I'm assuming the SSD isn't the boot drive(?) so system reserved probably isn't a partition of it.
    Check in disk management and see if System reserved is a partition of the ssd or your boot drive

ya the os is on a hdd and I just fitted the ssd, on disc manager is hows that there is 60gb free on the ssd but then in the hdd it shows the ssd and a 100mb partition.

Have you partitioned and formatted the ssd? In disk management right click on the ssd and click "new volume" (I think it is..), create a partition with the full size of the ssd and then format the partition.

• Advertisement

I cant format it when I click it it says that I cant, all I did was connect the ssd and change the bios to ahci and that was all I did

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It might be marking the SSD as active which can cause problems formatting. If you can, try it in another system or even in linux.

Is the SSD just for files or do you want it for running windows from?

its all good I just installed the OS on the ssd and saved myself all the hassel thanks anyway guys

Advertisement