Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neutering and Social Welfare

• 04-10-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

I dunno if this is the right place but a friend of mine is looking to get their pet neutered and was told people in reciept of SW get a percentage off the cost. Is thi true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

The dogs trust offer vouchers to get your dog neutered for 20 euro if you are recieving certain benefits but a lot of vets may have run out this late in the year. Ring around and there may be some available, best bet would be rural practices. Failing that vets will get a fresh batch of vouchers in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭aynneone

Only saw your post now, I work with the Irish Blue Cross, and we do low cost neutering for people in receipt of Social Welfare, have a look at the website www.irishbluecross.ie There is a 2/3 month waiting list tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Another option - if they still do it - the SPCA for your county sometimes help. They cover 45% of the cost and you cover the remainder.

But like the Dog Trust vouchers these run out quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I got my dog neutered with a Dogs Trust voucher. You have to pay E20 towards the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sk8rchic

The North county Dublin spca are quite reasonable. Also if you are very stuck on SW they pay the majority of the cost for neutering or if its a big operation they let you pay what you can when you can.

<snip>

Mod note: please don't link to rescue groups.

• Advertisement
Advertisement