Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone

Options
  • 04-10-2012 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Im usually into fairly into my pc tech and the like, but the one thing I have avoided for a long time is smartphones/touch screen. Im still using a 10 year old nokia phone for its reliability and easiness.

Lately Ive been thinking of getting a new phone. I got a cheap LTE (or something) touch screen phone for christmas last year and it was absolutely terrible, constantly freezing, hard to use, slow, etc. I think it was about €30, and I quickly stopped using it.

Things Im looking for/important features

Nice sized screen buttons for texting: I absolutely cant stand how small they make the buttons on most touch screen phones and how many mistakes I make because my fingers are too fat (Im not even fat).
    One reason why I still have the nokia is that I can text without even looking at the phone.

Something with good calender/alarm system: I like setting lots of alarms every work night. Maybe 20+ alarms. I know it weird but I often oversleep them/cancel them without realizing it. With my current phone I can do it in a few seconds. It seemed very hard to do it with that old touch screen.

Able to run a good IRC client: Meh, I presume thats not going to be a problem for nearly any smartphone these days.

Supports FLAC audio files: A long shot maybe? I hate not being able to transfer the majority of my music onto devices because they dont accept flac

My budget is a bit small and maybe Im asking for too much, but I dont think Id like to spend more than €130-ish

Im willing to change networks, but I dont use much credit, maybe €10 a month so pay as you go is fine. Im currently with Meteor.

Some phones that caught my eye were the Samsung Galaxy Y, the Sony Experia T (really liked the android version on this), and finall Ive seen the Huawei Ascend G300 posted around quite a bit. Touch screen isnt a necessity but they just seem a bit more functional these days with all the apps and what not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Just going to bump this once. Ive pretty much settled on the Sony Xperia T. There's time to persuade me otherwise or introduce a better phone to me ;)

Advertisement