Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuart turner st 55

• 04-10-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a Stuart turner st55 pump. I am having an issue with it. I have warm water coming from my cold tap in bathroom sink and from the cold tap in the bath. The cold water outlet on the pump is warm to touch. The cold water inlet is cold. Do I need to replace the pump?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

no you dont, despite the St55 is not made any more, your seals are damaged betweem the flow chambers, can happen if your hot stat on the water went too high, anyway ring Modern Plant 01 4591344 , & u can order a service seal pack fro there, they take cards & post for next day service if u ring b4 12 ish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lotdub

Thanks a mill for your reply :)
    A plumber quoted me €450 to replace pump!
    I called into Modern Plant, you have saved me a fortune:)

Mine is a pint of black so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lotdub

More like a keg😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2 space ranger

Hi have the same problem with a stuart 55 pump I think(was leaking at first , resealed it and found my hot water was very unpredictable and am guessing this is my new problem !) and was wondering did this solve your problem? How much did the seal cost?

• Advertisement

Hi have the same problem with a stuart 55 pump I think(was leaking at first , resealed it and found my hot water was very unpredictable and am guessing this is my new problem !) and was wondering did this solve your problem? How much did the seal cost?

Budget for approx 50e for a seal kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 space ranger

Wo steep ! Did it solve it though and does my symptoms sound like the problems you had? , when I take a shower the water goes from boiling to cold within five minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sharrielou

Hi,
    I also have this pump and lately it has been temperamental. It works when you switch it on but then kicks out, if you turn shower off and leave for a second or two, it kicks back in, but not for long.

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this and what was the solution. Plumber quoted €450 just for the pump! Can they be refurbished?

Cheers

Yep call the Shower Doctor in Parkwest Dublin, they will call to your place & fix it there for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Sharrielou wrote: »
    Hi,
    I also have this pump and lately it has been temperamental. It works when you switch it on but then kicks out, if you turn shower off and leave for a second or two, it kicks back in, but not for long.

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this and what was the solution. Plumber quoted €450 just for the pump! Can they be refurbished?

Cheers

I had the same problem. I used to have to give it a light tap to get it to spin but then it eventually gave up the ghost. I did a bit of checking on the internet and diagnosed it was a faulty capacitor. Put a new one in about a year agao and she's bee running fine since. pricey ...think it was around 30 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Sharrielou

Great, thanks a million for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JC76

Hi, I have an ST55 that gave up the ghost about 18 months ago, I am so lazy have been just using the electric shower. The pump just stopped working one morning no noise nothing wouldnt start no trickle of water, any ideas what could have caused this before I go mad and get a replacement. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Could be the capacitor or the printed circuit board. Also could be the flow sensor or the motor could be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Hi

Perhaps someone can be of help to me. My shower pump stopped working yesterday. It is a Stewart Turner contract mark4. It is only pumping water from where it is situated in hot press to one thermostatically controlled shower valve directly next door (approx. 10' run). The pump was fitted in 2008 and working the last 5 years trouble free.

There is power coming to the unit and the fuse is not blown in plug. There is no leak, unit and floor are as dry as a cork.

I tried it again now at luchtime and it started for a few seconds, then when I went out to investigate I heard it under pressure electrically so I stopped it immediately. No smell or smoke or anything.

Could there be lime scale build up clogged or do you think it is an electrically issue?

This is the only shower we have, so want to get it back working asap! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WANNABE HANDYMAN

Hi
    I'm hoping someone can help me, I have a Stuart Turner ST55 pump which runs the shower in our spare room so hasn't had much use. It was fitted about 10 years ago. It's now leaking when switched on and the water is spraying out from the shaft. Is this something I could fix myself. If so what parts do I need and where could I get them.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Donnchadh

Hey, I have a Stuart ST55 and it keeps kicking out and then restarting every 10 seconds or so. Any ideas in a fix? Is it the flow/pressure sensor?

Advertisement