Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dubs who have never been out of Dublin.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Perhaps these other posters were joking and you took them up wrong also?
    By provoked I take it you mean my referencing a radio discussion which mentioned a scenario where those living away from colleges and work will more than likely need to leave home more than those whos homes are located close to those facilities?
    Ok. So you are behaving like this because of ...... well.
    Give it a rest

look , not getting at you - but this and 2 other threads on AH tonight are FULL of anti dub bull **** - and im answering this sh1te

you post implied that because someone comes from a city , they are less likely to leave home for study - where country people are more likely to leave , this is not correct - many people leave city's to go to 3rd level - so the assertion you made was wrong , and in the context of this thread - seeing all the anti dub bull **** - your post comes across as condescending

context is EVERYTHING

if this thread had not gotten the anti dub slant to it , your post would not have raised an eyebrow with me

im not the only one who thinks this - read post 66 for one single example of the feeling this and other threads are anti dub , which i must add i think is childish in the extreme

i called bollix on the basis of your argument -it was a fair call , i did not start getting aggressive as you claimed - but ended up with you calling my English quaint
    along with other bull**** - so who was being aggressive ?

i honestly treat each person as i find them - not on how the speak , look or where they are from - until they give me a reason to do other wise,

but every time this anti dub bull **** comes up, i really have to question my stance - becasue the vitriol against Dublin and dubliners from their fellow citizens truly astounds me every time -why? it is retarded as i said

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

dj jarvis wrote: »
    look , not getting at you - but this and 2 other threads on AH tonight are FULL of anti dub bull **** - and im answering this sh1te

you post implied that because someone comes from a city , they are less likely to leave home for study - where country people are more likely to leave , this is not correct - many people leave city's to go to 3rd level - so the assertion you made was wrong , and in the context of this thread - seeing all the anti dub bull **** - your post comes across as condescending

context is EVERYTHING

if this thread had not gotten the anti dub slant to it , your post would not have raised an eyebrow with me

im not the only one who thinks this - read post 66 for one single example of the feeling this and other threads are anti dub , which i must add i think is childish in the extreme

i called bollix on the basis of your argument -it was a fair call , i did not start getting aggressive as you claimed - but ended up with you calling my English quaint

i honestly treat each person as i find them - not on how the speak , look or where they are from - until they give me a reason to do other wise,

but every time this anti dub bull **** comes up, i really have to question my stance - becasue the vitriol against Dublin and dubliners from their fellow citizens truly astounds me every time -why? it is retarded as i said
    Grand. Take it up with those making the anti Dublin statements and not with me for mentioning a radio discussion. I stated at the outset that I find this Dublin/ rest of the country stuff pathetic seeing as by most countries standards Dubling would be considered a large town.
    Your posting style has been confrontational and abusive from the out set and i think you are for some reason trying to play up to the Dub stero type being portrayed here... bizzarre

This reminds me of something I heard discussed on the radio years back regarding city dwellers presuming themselves to be more worldly wise than their small town counterparts. The gist of it was that the opposite is generally true. A city dweller can go to college, get a job etc without ever leaving Mammy whilst someone from 'up the country' is more likely to have to move out for work and definitely so for college.
    In my own circumstance i have lived in 6 different Dublin addresses, in Galway, london and three small irish towns and move away from Mammy at 19
    thats bollix

christ, any students that were living in rathmines area i knew years ago,would load up the car to go to the bog with the dirty washing and a load of tupperware box's to collect the food for the week , and sure dubs do it also,
    but to insinuate just becasue you are away from home that you can look after yourself better is just pox

context is EVERYTHING

So. Compare my first post to your reply. The second word is bollix and you refer to anywhere outside of Dublin as The Bog and i am the one with the attitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

What do you mean fake stories??????;).... i always love going to the country and seeing how they wear the clothes that where in fashion in Dublin 4 years ago:D:D:D:D:D:D
    We back the stories up with a few decoys for the scouting parties. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My Gran Uncle from Rhode Co Offaly only went to Dublin for the first time when his illness took hold, he died there to. Lived all his 78 years on a small patch of farm land. He was content though and never had the inclination for travel.

Are you refering to me or to the radio discussion I am referencing in this wild wilful misreading of my post???
    College was only part of what was discussed on THE RADIO PROGRAMME. It also mentioned work and simple things like having to travel to a city for particular things such as concerts, hospital treatments etc.
    But let just cut to the student years. Yes many students living away from home will travel home and bring laundry etc but they are still living away from home, paying bills and starting down the road to self sufficiency.

Im not remotely interested in this stupid rural urban divide when we have a capital city not much bigger than many UK towns so if you think your reference to anywhere outside of Irelands big town as 'the bog' will annoy me think again

you see buster , this comment was not directed at you or about you - this is the problem , you took offence to something you should never have in the first place

and in fairness you can play the innocent all you want , you were being condescending with your post , in the context of the comments made in this thread - you started to be a smart arse and got called on it - deal with it

funny - don't normally get into this sh1te on AH - but this is not the first time with you -so i suggest you hit the ignore button to prevent this in future - as i will

you see buster , this comment was not directed at you or about you - this is the problem , you took offence to something you should never have in the first place

and in fairness you can play the innocent all you want , you were being condescending with your post , in the context of the comments made in this thread - you started to be a smart arse and got called on it - deal with it

funny - don't normally get into this sh1te on AH - but this is not the first time with you -so i suggest you hit the ignore button to prevent this in future - as i will
    In fairness you do come accross as a semi literate track suit wearing skanger.. sorry

Only joking:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Im 18, I have never been outside Dublin until last year.

When I went camping as a child it was still in Dublin, in the Mountains I think. I left Dublin to go to an adventure centre and just before that to go to an open day for NUIM. (Now In second year)

I had left to visit our horses in Lexlip for years before that, but thats practically Dublin.

I did go on foreign holidays of course but that was through Dublin airport.

In fairness you do come accross as a semi literate track suit wearing skanger.. sorry

Only joking:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

track suit ??? tosser !!! its a top notch male pajama set with matching steel toed slippers

no insult taken - i thought you were coming across as a masturbating monkey bashing the keyboard , while having a wet dream about grammar

funny the disconnect with the public forums

don't forget the ignore button now like a good lad

I genuinely dont get what you are at. A post made in reply to a post of mine was not directed at me and i was being condescending in talking about a radio show.
    Youre may be a little over defensive and paranoid. just saying.

• Advertisement

track suit ??? tosser !!! its a top notch male pajama set with matching steel toed slippers

no insult taken - i thought you were coming across as a masturbating monkey bashing the keyboard , while having a wet dream about grammar

funny the disconnect with the public forums

don't forget the ignore button now like a good lad
    I cant ignore you. Too entertaining watching your posturing and hysterics..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

DylanII wrote: »
    Im 18, I have never been outside Dublin until last year.

When I went camping as a child it was still in Dublin, in the Mountains I think. I left Dublin to go to an adventure centre and just before that to go to an open day for NUIM. (Now In second year)

I had left to visit our horses in Lexlip for years before that, but thats practically Dublin.

I did go on foreign holidays of course but that was through Dublin airport.

First ye try and claim part of Meath with the fingal out to Ashbourne and now claiming lexlip, do we have to nail everything down in case ye lot take it:pac:

Boombastic wrote: »
    First ye try and claim part of Meath with the fingal out to Ashbourne and now claiming lexlip, do we have to nail everything down in case ye lot take it:pac:

If you dont have to smell cow **** to get to it then its part of Dublin.

I cant ignore you. Too entertaining watching your posturing and hysterics..

sad ...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

sad ...........

You really shouldnt get mad at the internet you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

DylanII wrote: »
    If you dont have to smell cow **** to get to it then its part of Dublin.

I wouldn't be heading to Kildare if that's the logic, the smell is one sure way I know I'm there:)

Although it might be horses I'm smelling, my senses are not refined enough to distinguish the difference

You really shouldnt get mad at the internet you know.

i dont - the internet is truly the gift that just keeps giving ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

My Gran Uncle from Rhode Co Offaly only went to Dublin for the first time when his illness took hold, he died there to. Lived all his 78 years on a small patch of farm land. He was content though and never had the inclination for travel.
    My grandfather was the same, he knew there was a big world out there but he wasn't one bit bothered about it!

Last summer a few of us went round the country for a week instead of going out foreign. It was the best thing we ever did. The craic was unreal, we met deadly people and saw some real gems of places.

The country might be up shiit creak but I still think it's a deadly place to live.

Boombastic wrote: »
    I wouldn't be heading to Kildare if that's the logic, the smell is one sure way I know I'm there:)

Although it might be horses I'm smelling, my senses are not refined enough to distinguish the difference

'tis horse ****. I have no issue with the smell of horse stuffs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement