Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage and Gambling

Options
  • 04-10-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey

I'm looking to apply for a mortgage in the next couple of months. I also like the odd flutter. I've heard this can look bad when applying for a mortgage...

How big a deal would it be on the application if I had €20 a month showing on the credit card statement as lodged to the bookies.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

€20 p/m is not material I'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

A mate of mine got knocked back for a mortgage as he had a Paddy Power account, crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

A mate of mine got knocked back for a mortgage as he had a Paddy Power account, crazy

yeah better off not taking the risk. Cash is king... no way to monitor what it goes on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

yeah thats what I was worried about... might just keep it to cash sure so. Would be handier to do on line and have it linked to the card is why I'm tempted. €20 is nothing I know the bookie always wins so this is just an enjoyment thing for me.

It will greatly hamper your chances to be honest. If your application is a marginal one that's the sort of transaction that turns it into a decline. Stick to cash for your flutter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

If you still want to gamble get a cash card from PP, they're free and let you use online gambling without any record showing in your bank statements.

I don't think €20 p/m is that significant, but they're a lot stricter these days I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,529 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've heard people being refused for any gambling activity. If you keep it clean for a year you should be grand.

Advertisement