Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio tapes while working.

• 04-10-2012 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Hallo!
    Ich heisse Conor!

I'm thinking about learning a new language. In first year of secondary school I did German, the teacher put me off so I dropped it for second year. That was back in 1999/2000, so I have a very basic grounding.

I currently work as a programmer which consists of a few minutes concentration and then a few mins waiting for code to build and deploy and test and stuff.

I was wondering if any other coder was able to learn German or similar listening to audio tutorials while working, and what kind of tutorials would be good.

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Id recommend Pimsleur Language Programs.

It is expensive to buy. But go to your local library. They should have the first 8 lessons on cd. Try it out and see what you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Yeah another vote here for the Pimsleur series, I did all three series and found them brilliant.

Advertisement