Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulfilment in life.

• 04-10-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭

What would it take for you to die happy? Climbing a mountain? Success in your career? Riding a particular man/woman etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Snu snu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

A steady income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Heart attack while being tickled by Claudia Schiffer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Knowing my sons were happy, in jobs they enjoyed and with a loving partner that made them happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lady gaga sitting on me face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Feeling that I'd added more to the world than I'd taken away, and enjoyed myself for most of my life.

I don't like to set very specific goals in life. I hate the idea of "a bucket list:" it just seems to make things so mundane, and reduce fulfillment to ticking a few boxes, and performing certain tasks, rather than anything more ephemeral.

I think it's best to try to enjoy yourself as much as you can within your own moral framework, and try to do some good within that framework.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mo' monies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Mila Kunis's finger up my bum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

just have good mates and happy parents is all i want. nice holidays too the odd time would be good ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

Ridin' Indy from Home and Away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

0000879k wrote: »
    What would it take for you to die happy? Climbing a mountain? Success in your career? Riding a particular man/woman etc
    How about you, OP? What would it take for you to be happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dem eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Winning an oscar for riding Scarlett Johansson up a mountain would do it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Philip was that drunk his words made no sense.

Who knows what full Phil meant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Coming and going at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Hooked

dem eyes

DAT ASS!!!

Indigo Walker aka Samara Weaving... Mmmmmm

Romeo you fool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

old hippy wrote: »
    Coming and going at the same time.
    That would be more fulfillment in death :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Riding a particular man/woman etc

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

That would be more fulfillment in death :pac:.

Alright, being able to speak and understand every language on the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Being realistic about things in general.

Don't base your life around 'celebs'..

Not all of us can play for Man Utd or sing like Lady GaGa......

Oh...& always wear sunscreen.:cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

El Weirdo wrote: »
    How about you, OP? What would it take for you to be happy?

I wanna travel, have a nice wife, play soccer for as long as possible and run a marathon, ideally.
    But at the end of the day, I'd be happy with good friends that I can have a laugh with and a nice wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I want life ,
    I want a house and a wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

enough for a decent holiday once a year, a decent car, a comfy gaf with a garden, no major financial panic attacks should I impregnate the quare one and a slight smile on my face in the mornings of contentment
    some might think it boring but i wouldn't, considering the alternatives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dockington

My 72 virgins awaiting me in paradise. BOOM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Sometimes I feel like I want to take a risk and start my own business. But life feels like it's too short for taking risks like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Being true to myself and living life on my terms according to my own principals and beliefs as far as possible is pretty important to me. Not compromising myself just to please others or to fit in.

To achieve the most important things in life for me-to reach my goals with my work, to value and appreciate my friends and family, to have my eco/crafts-community in the country I've always dreamed of, to always keep learning new skills and educating myself, to travel to the places I really want to see. To have someone or some people I can grow old with.

Also to learn at least 2 more foreign languages, and finally learn to play the piano dammit! :mad:
    And to fall in love again. Preferably with Colin Firth or Ralph Fiennes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

keith16 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like I want to take a risk and start my own business. But life feels like it's too short for taking risks like that?
    if ur serious, u must consider the WPS only. (Worst Possible Scenario)

if you can handle that, then go for it.

(WPS ranges from losing your house, to being embarrassed by failure - so if you can handle your personal WPS, you can't lose) :)

• Advertisement

Greentopia wrote: »
    Being true to myself and living life on my terms according to my own principals and beliefs as far as possible is pretty important to me. Not compromising myself just to please others or to fit in.

To achieve the most important things in life for me-to reach my goals with my work, to value and appreciate my friends and family, to have my eco/crafts-community in the country I've always dreamed of, to always keep learning new skills and educating myself, to travel to the places I really want to see. To have someone or some people I can grow old with.

Also to learn at least 2 more foreign languages, and finally learn to play the piano dammit! :mad:
    And to fall in love again. Preferably with Colin Firth or Ralph Fiennes :D
    em shouldn't they be falling for you...?

Aint no clear formula. not for no one.

there really isn't.

thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Crushing my enemies, seeing them driven before me, and hearing the lamentations of their women.

Nodin wrote: »
    Crushing my enemies, seeing them driven before me, and hearing the lamentations of their women.

Sounds like a paraphrase of Genghis Khan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

tuxy wrote: »

As it is, it should.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

tuxy wrote: »

it is conan the librarian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

ArtSmart wrote: »
    em shouldn't they be falling for you...?

If I met them I mean. Lurve has to be a two way street though of course. And naturally they'd fall for me if they met me...in my dreams :pac: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

ArtSmart wrote: »
    if ur serious, u must consider the WPS only. (Worst Possible Scenario)

if you can handle that, then go for it.

(WPS ranges from losing your house, to being embarrassed by failure - so if you can handle your personal WPS, you can't lose) :)

Am I embarrassed by failure? No.

Does WPS extend to me possibly ending up somehow setting myself ablaze? Possibly. :pac:

That's acutally good advice, thank you ArtSmart

it is conan the librarian

You mean a bit like the video link I put on the first page?

Anyway

GENGHIS KAHN: THE EMPEROR OF ALL MEN, pages 106-107:

One day in the pavilion at Karakorum he [Genghis Kahn] asked an officer of the Mongol guard what, in all the world, could bring the greatest happiness.

"The open steppe, a clear day, and a swift horse under you," responded the officer after a little thought, "and a falcon on your wrist to start up hares."

"Nay," responded the Kahn, "to crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet -- to take their horses and goods and hear the lamentation of their women. That is best."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

i dont think its defined in any one thing for each individual
    i was drawn to this thread by the mention of maslows hierarchy of needs.
    i was told i failed in my thesis to "define" management by using maslow and subsequent and previous pioneers to highlight that the ideal of management as fluid and based in psychology of ones self and peers , I.E. a mere systematic thought process to define a period of a varied range of emotion.
    therefore i equate such a temporal form such as happiness in a similar vein , science and system may offer a suggestion as to what "happiness" may be or indeed how it may be obtained.
    but the cynic in me would favor that such a bizarre concept of "happiness" would be fodder for the masses in the realms of media and advertising.

a modern day snake oil for those of an disposition not to embrace the wonder of a rounded and earned lifestyle.

one may be excused for saying more money than sense , or perhaps no sense at all in the failure to understand the most basic of human emotion.

chill out OP , the one thing i can tell you is that you cant take it with you when you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

To see two girls one cup.

• Advertisement

Bobo78 wrote: »
    To see two girls one cup.
    if that doesn't clarify the definition of fulfilment for you, nothing will. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

:D:D:D:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    the one thing i can tell you is that you cant take it with you when you go.

But I'll die trying...

hawkwind23 wrote: »

chill out OP , the one thing i can tell you is that you cant take it with you when you go.

What? you never seen the Viking Chieftain/ Egyptian Pharaohs/ Chinese Emperor burial habits???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Do more good than harm for the environment.
    Be a positive, supportive influence in the lives of my friends and family.
    Be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Have sex with a woman that doesn't say something like "Well, if you have to......just get it over with"

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Don't care for what's in me belly...

Don't care for what's in me 'ed.

Don't care for what's on the telly...

I want a bigger willy instead.

Advertisement