Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched fused spur neon light flashing

Options
  • 04-10-2012 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

I had a low voltage light over kitchen wall units with the fused spur switch underneath the wall units to turn them on.i needed to move the switch so knocked off the power and unscrewed the switch . I found that the cable from switch to over wall unit light was not long enough so removed the cable and fitted a longer one, standard twin and earth cable. I then moved the switch to its new location , wired all up and switched the power back on.

the lights worked fine buts have noticed that the neon light on the fuse spur switch is faintly flashing when the switch is off.I have checked the wiring and all connections are tight .

Anyone any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Just re-do the switch,or better again replace it,may be faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Possible mix up of live in and out, or neutral in and out (neutral only applies if its double pole which it likely isnt), or the polarity of the supply into switch. Check them carefully with power off anyway.

Supply cable should go to live in and neutral in. Cable to light should be connected from the live out and neutral out, or the terminals out might be marked L load and N load.

Advertisement