Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul Lambert suing Norwich City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The man has some neck on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Classy guy, thought he resigned? Unfair dismissal, wants 2 million!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-19839446

Doesn't say what the breach of contract is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He was some fool to leave Norwich....................for Villa ffs.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can't really judge without knowing the details, seems a bit odd though!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Delia must have food poisoned him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Norwich have the worst squad in the league this season imo, they'll go down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

lamberts contract said he was to be allowed to talk to any premiership clubs who showed an interest in him. they refused to let him do that, so breached his contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lets get the facts in first before we go condemning the man.

time will tell, but villa are an infinitely bigger club than norwich to be fair

CSF wrote: »
    Lets get the facts in first before we go condemning the man.

i assume it's a tit for tat thing since they tried to sue him and villa despite breaking the contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Helix wrote: »
    i assume it's a tit for tat thing since they tried to sue him and villa despite breaking the contract

How do you know that clause was in his contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd say there's far more to it than that report suggests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mushy wrote: »

It's been widely reported that clause was in his contract, and that Norwich refused to let him talk to Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I remember it on SSN at the time.

because otherwise norwich wouldve been due compensation for lambert. instead villa only paid for his backroom staff, and even then it was only 11 months wages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fair enough. I'm always dubious when it comes to reports talking about clauses in contracts.

grenache wrote: »
    The man has some neck on him.

Why? Maybe he's completely right and his contract was breached.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

He is suing because he ended up at Villa. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

eh? Norwich have reached their max capability. at least Villa have a fan base, stadium that have potential to be a 7th-10th placed team. their squad is much better also.

Villa are a much bigger club the Norwich and always will be. its not even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Obvious Troll is Obvious.

i252.photobucket.com_albums_hh21_madtabby66_Online_ObviousTroll.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

If I were him I'd be more concerned about trying to get out of Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Lambert didn't have a clause in his contract to talk to any team. Lambert had a rolling contract on a year by year basis but when he decided that he wanted to talk to Villa, he was still under the 12 month term that he had signed up for. Lambert gave Norwich 3 hours to give him permission to speak to Villa, when David McNally didn't allow him to talk he then called up Alan Bowkett and McNally to tell him he was resigning.

As I said before and will say again, I was in the media room right after the final whistle at the end of the season and Lambert gave no indication that he wanted to stay. Rumours were rife that he was joining Villa anyway. Even the Villa fans were singing it during the game. While it came as no surprise, Lambert has displayed yet again how much of a mercenary he is. He walked out of all management positions he has been in to get a higher pay packet. While he may be a decent manager, he is never to be trusted. You could even see in his interview today on SSN that he doesn't know how to counteract the claims that Norwich have made.

Lambert also has 2 sidekicks (Gary Karsa and Ian Culverhouse) who stayed on at Norwich and did the more professional thing and terminate their contracts mutually. Villa fans claiming they're a bigger club than Norwich? Please! Get out of the past and look at reality. You're in as much trouble now with Lamberts hands tied with funds so he's trying to recreate what he did for us. Things aren't rosy and won't be for a while. I seriously can't wait for the 27th as it's going to be an interesting day working on the sidelines but if he does turn your club around don't come crying back here to say how much you loved him blah blah blah........

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

kensutz wrote: »
    Lambert didn't have a clause in his contract to talk to any team. Lambert had a rolling contract on a year by year basis but when he decided that he wanted to talk to Villa, he was still under the 12 month term that he had signed up for. Lambert gave Norwich 3 hours to give him permission to speak to Villa, when David McNally didn't allow him to talk he then called up Alan Bowkett and McNally to tell him he was resigning.

As I said before and will say again, I was in the media room right after the final whistle at the end of the season and Lambert gave no indication that he wanted to stay. Rumours were rife that he was joining Villa anyway. Even the Villa fans were singing it during the game. While it came as no surprise, Lambert has displayed yet again how much of a mercenary he is. He walked out of all management positions he has been in to get a higher pay packet. While he may be a decent manager, he is never to be trusted. You could even see in his interview today on SSN that he doesn't know how to counteract the claims that Norwich have made.

Lambert also has 2 sidekicks (Gary Karsa and Ian Culverhouse) who stayed on at Norwich and did the more professional thing and terminate their contracts mutually. Villa fans claiming they're a bigger club than Norwich? Please! Get out of the past and look at reality. You're in as much trouble now with Lamberts hands tied with funds so he's trying to recreate what he did for us. Things aren't rosy and won't be for a while. I seriously can't wait for the 27th as it's going to be an interesting day working on the sidelines but if he does turn your club around don't come crying back here to say how much you loved him blah blah blah........

Big Lambert fan aren't you Ken :D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Big Lambert fan aren't you Ken :D

Was!

You're in as much trouble now with Lamberts hands tied with funds so he's trying to recreate what he did for us
    You know we were the seventh biggest gross spenders and sixth biggest net spenders in The league this summer right ?

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert admits to being “disappointed” at comments made about him by Norwich chairman Alan Bowkett over his departure from Carrow Road this summer.
    Bowkett told a Norwich supporters’ tribunal last night that Lambert was now taking the Canaries to tribunal and seeking £2million compensation for breach of contract and unfair dismissal.
    But Lambert today revealed that he is also being sued by Norwich and retains the full backing of the League Managers’ Association.
    Bowkett said: “The manner of Paul Lambert’s departure was no surprise because he has walked out on every club he has managed.
    “You can’t complain because you know what you are getting, but I felt he could have left in a more dignified manner.’’

Lambert hit back and said today: “I’m extremely disappointed that senior officials at Norwich have made comments in relation to myself.
    “I’ll let him (Bowkett) say what he has got to say and we’ll see what happens.
    “It will go before the Premier League managers’ tribunal. The LMA are acting on my behalf. They supported me at the time and still are.
    “What Norwich haven’t made public is that they are suing me.
    “It is disrespectful and wrong to that tribunal for me to comment anymore. That’s the way I’m going to leave it.

“My main concern is Aston Villa.’’
    Lambert added: “Am I concerned Norwich fans are only hearing one side of the story? In a word, yes.’’

it's just a counter suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What a pile of sh1te. He's left every management position he's had for career advancement. If that means more money too, so be it, but he hasn't yet moved sideways or downwards for money so don't run that crap.

SantryRed wrote: »
    What a pile of sh1te. He's left every management position he's had for career advancement. If that means more money too, so be it, but he hasn't yet moved sideways or downwards for money so don't run that crap.

Yes he has. Colchester had beaten Norwich on the first day of the season and he moved to a club in the same division in dire need of a mix up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

To me it seems like he makes smart moves. Starting at Colchester, yeah they hammered Norwich back in League 1 on the opening day but when a club like Norwich comes in he would have been stupid not to consider them - their potential for growth far outweighs that of his current club - smart move imo.

Same applies to Villa situation. Bigger club than Norwich but they are going through a tough time. He sees the potential there and makes, again, a smart move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yes he has. Colchester had beaten Norwich on the first day of the season and he moved to a club in the same division in dire need of a mix up.

You're talking sh1te.

Norwich were a league too low for the club they are and he knew that. He's doing the exact same thing moving from Norwich to Villa. You're being horrendously biased.

Villa>Norwich>Colchester

It's that simple.

SantryRed wrote: »

A much bigger club with a much bigger wage budget and much bigger attendances, the league position after one game isn't exactly relevant.

The only 2 reasons I can think of where a manager wouldn't move from Colchester to Norwich or Norwich to Villa are a very strong emotional attachment, or the notion that if one was to stay put, an even better off may come along.

If Lambert achieves the same level of progression with Villa as he did with Norwich, and a United or an Arsenal comes calling he would be dead right to move on.

Surely Lambert knew that at Norwich he would always be fighting against the odds for survival and only Stoke and Wigan have been able to do that season after season, and sooner or later I reckon Wigan will lose that fight, as will Norwich too probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

And he'll probably leave Villa for a bigger club. Big whoop. The way I look at it, if he's done a good enough job at Villa to get poached, we'll be in a decent position.

The manner that he left Colchester is the very exact same as he did with Norwich. Norwich were taken to a tribunal because he just walked out of Colchester without permission from their chairman at the time. As a result of that it caused a lot of friction when Norwich traveled down to Colchester later in the season and made it uncomfortable for playing staff, directors and fans. I may be biased but I'm stating facts on Lambert and his history of being a mercenary. I don't care about this whole Villa is bigger than Norwich crap.

I don't care about this whole Villa is bigger than Norwich crap.
    When applying logic, I really don't think people are terribly inclined to consider whether you'll care or not. You can't ignore such a big aspect of the situation.

Whatever Lambert has done seems to be within his rights, and if it transpires that he hasn't he will lose the case.

why is football the only profession in th world where you get slated for moving to a better paying job with better prospects?

lambert left colchester for norwich because norwich were a bigger club. could colchester have gone from league 1 to the premiership in a couple of seasons? no chance. they lack the resources, fan base and stadium to make it doable

then lambert left norwich for villa because villa are a bigger club. in the doldrums at the moment, but there's money there for him to spend (as shown in summer), one of the best academies in the UK, a reasonable fanbase, a big enough stadium with plans for expansion and plenty of scope for growth

yes, he got a raise into the bargain with both, but most people get raises when they leave one job for another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

why is football the only profession in th world where you get slated for moving to a better paying job with better prospects?

Im sure you know but the emotional attachments we have makes it a big issue.

Its taken me far too long to accept that players/managers and generally most people involved at that level with clubs have little to no actual personal attachment. When push comes to shove, they want whats best for themselves. That is fair enough

Im sure you know but the emotional attachments we have makes it a big issue.

Its taken me far too long to accept that players/managers and generally most people involved at that level with clubs have little to no actual personal attachment. When push comes to shove, they want whats best for themselves. That is fair enough
    As long as they don't spend their time at a club lying about it, which I don't think Lambert has done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Obvious Troll is Obvious.

can you make it bigger?

Advertisement