Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a decent set of knives

Options
  • 04-10-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

as im enjoying cooking more and more i need a decent set of knives ... the €20 argos set i bought a few years ago just aren't cutting the mustard.. or anything for that matter ...

wheres the best place to start looking .. im looking for decent but not excessive... is that a possibility???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

The best knives are available in catering supplies stores

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

When I started in my professional Cookery course in college we were given a set of victorinox knives.

I used them in college and work for years, they were the perfect set, 14pieces and they cost about €150 to buy (we got them free).
    I sold them about 18 months ago and to be honest I wish I hadn't as I miss them more than I'd realised.

For me they (victorinox) are the best knives when you weigh up cost vs performance.

When you compare than to Wustoff/Global/etc where you would pay more for just a cooks knife, it's a no brainer.

I've owned lots of stupid expensive knives in my day too but the ones I always went back to, both in work and at home, was the victorinox set I got in college.

http://www.easyequipment.ie/Victorinox-Knife-Set-with-10-Cooks-Knife-Wallet-p/rb-f202.htm

That set is everything you will ever need and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please note the link in the FAQ that is stickied at the first page on this forum.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement