Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nestle Puts GPS Devices Inside Candy Bars To Track Winning Customers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

There be a conspiracy to be found here, RTDH. There always is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Sure how else would they find them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what if they open it on an airplane and it screws the computers, it'll be 911 times a thousand!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Madam Marie

Eh, no they didn't.

It's just a code inside the wrapper with coordinates that you type into their website.

Tis' a gimmick, to fool the gullible .. like me, I bought two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Publicly telling people that the GPS trackers/codes/whatever are in the wrappers kind of ruins the whole "EVIL CORPORATION'S VAST CONSPIRACY TO TRACK YOU FOR NO APPARENTLY USEFUL REASON" thing, doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I hope the 'highly trained individuals' are oompa loompas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Eh, no they didn't.

It's just a code inside the wrapper with coordinates that you type into their website.

So misleading advertising. :mad:

Must get on to the advertising standards, I was expecting a physical device that would arm itself on as soon as the wrapper was opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

It must get really boring to look for conspiracy theories in everything, only to be proved wrong every single time. Go back to the guitar Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Must get on to the advertising standards, I was expecting a physical device that would arm itself on as soon as the wrapper was opened.

We all know what you were expecting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

what if they open it on an airplane and it screws the computers, it'll be 911 times a thousand!!!
    911,000!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

BOI have a similar campaign at the mo, aimed more at mortgagees that bunked off to Aus. No sugary snacks but much the same idea only I think you then give them the 10k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Anyone else think it's pretty funny how Run to Da Hills was taken in hook line and sinker by an advertisement? Especially considering how much he prides himself on seeing behind the lies that The Man peddles. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

"Even when I knew it wasn't the jews, that it was the arabs, I knew that it was really the jews".

Oh, this isn't the conspiracy forum? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Oh my god...that's 911,000!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

So now you are complaining that the big corporations aren't giving you GPS tracking devices and spying on your every movement via space sattelites.
    Jebus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Oh my god...that's 911,000!!

You mean the 9th of Novemberthousand???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

So now you are complaining that the big corporations aren't giving you GPS tracking devices and spying on your every movement via space sattelites.
    Jebus wept.

RTDH wanted a "happy ending" when he ripped open the wrapper- a squadron of black ops guys descending on his location! Imagine all the tin foil he could've bought with that €10k! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

We all know that chocolate is like sex to a lot of women...
    and sex is the work of Satan...
    Satan is the antichrist...
    and the antichrist is President Obama and he is a herald for the end times...

Therefore I blame Obama for this fiendish plot to track us with chocolate.

If only you sheeple could connect the dots like me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Anyone else think it's pretty funny how Run to Da Hills was taken in hook line and sinker by an advertisement? Especially considering how much he prides himself on seeing behind the lies that The Man peddles. :-)
    I think the foremost requirement to be a conspiracy theorist is to be hugely gullible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Calibos wrote: »
    We all know that chocolate is like sex to a lot of women...
    and sex is the work of Satan...
    Satan is the antichrist...
    and the antichrist is President Obama and he is a herald for the end times...

Therefore I blame Obama for this fiendish plot to track us with chocolate.

If only you sheeple could connect the dots like me.

But Obama is a beautiful chocolate man! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's a conspiracy, they're out to get you.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

10,000 pounds, very nice.

They probably have that money to give away because of how in Africa in the 80's, Nestle got infants hooked on free baby formula in hospitals (paying the staff bonuses to promote the product) and then once the mother stops producing their own milk they are charged a premium for it.

Or maybe they had it left over from the 00's when they were demanding $6m from Ethiopia during its worst famine in decades.

I don't buy or eat anything made by Nestle or its subsidiaries personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

What would happen if someone swallowed the device. :p

I guess you could say..............they'd be sh1t out of luck.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/all-powerful-oz/yeahhh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

RTTH.....any word if they are gonna up your meds? Might take a few weeks of them but inanimate things will eventually stop talking to you. Either that or go and ask your doctor for just a little help ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Unbereabable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

BTW according reports it is an actual GPS device that is activated once a tab is removed. (There are even several disclaimers on the promotion just in case it backfires) :)

I would consider this as a clever way from multinationals to appeal to the greed in people so as to promote and make corporate GPS tracking and locating people harmless and acceptable.

humbert wrote: »
    I think the foremost requirement to be a conspiracy theorist is to be hugely gullible.

Not so Gullible as those that soak in what's spewed out in the main stream media. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Eh, no they didn't.

But surely they'd only put the GPS chip on the winning ones, so you wouldn't know if it was true or not unless you win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Please try and accept the marketing promotion for what it is -- a gimmick that the gullible will (who could that be) actually think that they will be the ONE that gets it .

Why don't u use this as a social experiment and report back when u are "lucky" enough to get one of the wonka devices .
    Pictures too please - won't believe it otherwise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209206/Nestle-hides-GPS-chips-KitKat-bars-hand-suitcase-cash.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Interesting factoid, these 'devices' taste vaguely of cinnamon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

The could stick the tracking device up my hole for 10k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Actually much more gullible as conspiracy theories are much less plausible. There is a third choice available to thinking people which is to be sceptical of both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Massive donkey balls, that's what it is; big hairy ones.

Advertisement