Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finished GTA IV - now what?

• 05-10-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Okay, so I'm probably way behind all you proper gamer nerds who have valiantly defeated GTA IV 8 hours after it was released and so on, but now that I've beaten it, what GTA should I move onto next?

I was thinking of popping into town and hopefully getting one of them second hand for a few bob.

I played GTA III I think on the Playstation 2 back in the day - it was the one based on Scarface, not sure if it was III or not.

I also played the one where you're a black guy and you can do weights and all. What number was that?

What versions are out there and wouldn't seem very slow and/or dated with regard to gameplay etc. after being so used to Nico Belic's sexiness and responsiveness.

I'm playing on an Xbox by the by.

Thanks a thousand.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Okay, so I'm probably way behind all you proper gamer nerds who have valiantly defeated GTA IV 8 hours after it was released and so on, but now that I've beaten it, what GTA should I move onto next?

I was thinking of popping into town and hopefully getting one of them second hand for a few bob.

I played GTA III I think on the Playstation 2 back in the day - it was the one based on Scarface, not sure if it was III or not.

I also played the one where you're a black guy and you can do weights and all. What number was that?

What versions are out there and wouldn't seem very slow and/or dated with regard to gameplay etc. after being so used to Nico Belic's sexiness and responsiveness.

I'm playing on an Xbox by the by.

Thanks a thousand.

Ballad of gay Tony?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Sleeping Dogs.

I understand that it's not a GTA game, but it's still awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Thanks a lot Dave, in there like a rocket with the two minute reply. Is this set in the same city as Nico's game? So I'd already know my way around?

And it's an add on or something, are they the full price of a normal game and does it last as long as a game of GTA4?

Cheers Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Yeah same city I think you come across Nico at some stage :D

New weapons parachute chopper fires missiles

You can buy as 2 game pack theres this one

They are full length games I have cleared neither

Reckon you'd pick it up for 20 euro

Sleeping Dogs.

I understand that it's not a GTA game, but it's still awesome.

At first I thought you were telling me to let sleeping dogs lie and move on to with my life.

Looks good and a little like GTA in style, but not sure I want to "perform bone-crunching kicks and combos, vicious counters and a cinematic set of environmental takedowns making use of countless real-world items from circular saws to phone booths, incinerators to refrigerator doors."

Sounds a bit intense. GTA is so laid back, you can play it with a few beers and just mill around the place, driving up on the path and mowing down pedestrians.....fighting with the cops and getting killed by them over and over and over again.

Is Sleeping Dogs anything like that?

I liked Red Dead Redemption and played it for a while (might go back to that) but I found it unfortunate that the towns were full of pedestrians that I could just kill with impunity. It was a bit too focused on moving the game forward, rather than just getting to act the maggot and do what you want.

I think I'll try pick up the Ballad of Gay Tony.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Sounds a bit intense. GTA is so laid back, you can play it with a few beers and just mill around the place, driving up on the path and mowing down pedestrians.....fighting with the cops and getting killed by them over and over and over again.

If you're looking for some laidback fun, then I'd definitely recommend either Just Cause 2 or Saints Row the Third.

Both of them are absolutely brilliant fun, especially Just Cause. You don't even need to focus on the Story, just run around and cause absolute mayhem!

Case in point:

Looks like fun alright. Pretty strong wind turbine. I was really hoping the car would slap into yer man and send him flying though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

You really should try Red Dead Redemption. Same control scheme as GTAIV, and one of the best games ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19N75TL1dHU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Would definitely recommend Red Dead Redemption, great gameplay, excellent story lines and the free roam world is huge and amazing! My favorite game since I got an Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I found Just cause fun for a day or two but you're basically doing the same mission over and over again and it gets dull.

Saints row was just trying to hard to be as mad as possible to cover up the fact the game just isn't as good as GTA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I got Mafia 2 the other day for €15 and it's class. Based on what you have said you like doing, you could play the first few missions and then just go off killing people.

Advertisement