Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 30), Oct 5-6, 2012.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Coldest outpost on the planet to watch football awaits for Rovers:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Up the langers!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can't make the game tonight, so disappointed at that. Hopefully manage to get a draw, would be a decent result.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Week off for Bohs, think we could use it.

If Bray lose we're mathematically safe from relegation, hurrah!

Win for Sligo would suit us as well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cork are 4-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Week off for Bohs, think we could use it.

If Bray lose we're mathematically safe from relegation, hurrah!

Win for Sligo would suit us as well.

But sure Bray are 8 points above relegation spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Cork v Sligo will be shown free view on Setanta Ireland for anyone interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

A win in Cork leaves us needing just 1 point from the remaining games to guarantee it. However if we go unbeaten against Pats and Drogheda it doesn't matter what happens in cork or against Shams, we'll win it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I can see tonight being one of those games where we, who have nothing to play for (I don't count the Setanta Cup as being anything), score early and then Sligo batter the fúck out of us with no reward for the remainder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

You're forgetting to factor in Quigley's goal. He always scores.

• Advertisement

Except against Bray 2 weeks ago ;)

In a title run in, I would hate to have to go to Turners Cross as an opposition fan. Especially as we have little to play for. I think Sligo will have a very tough time tonight.

Queue a 0-4 defeat now!

gimmick wrote: »
    Except against Bray 2 weeks ago ;)

In a title run in, I would hate to have to go to Turners Cross as an opposition fan. Especially as we have little to play for. I think Sligo will have a very tough time tonight.

Queue a 0-4 defeat now!

I liked your previous post better :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

I can see tonight being one of those games where we, who have nothing to play for (I don't count the Setanta Cup as being anything), score early and then Sligo batter the fúck out of us with no reward for the remainder.

What's wrong with the Setanta Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

May tip on down to Bray tonight as I've little else to do.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    What's wrong with the Setanta Cup?

I don't think we need it next season. Its a failing competition and will probably cost us more than what we will get from participation. It means extra monday night away games. It will have league cup level atendences for home games. We have a very thin squad as it is and by having these extra games, it will take its toll.

The whole competition is only worth being in if you win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

I don't think we need it next season. Its a failing competition and will probably cost us more than what we will get from participation. It means extra monday night away games. It will have league cup level atendences for home games. We have a very thin squad as it is and by having these extra games, it will take its toll.

The whole competition is only worth being in if you win it.

€7,500 if you get knocked out of the first round. Say we got 1,500 in at an average of a tenner per person, that's €15,000. The costs of hosting a home game plus travelling to the North would be easily covered by this I'd imagine.

The first round (the first leg of it, at least, possibly the second leg) will be on before the season starts. I'd rather have that to get ready for the season rather than a friendly against Waterford or Cobh. Plus, if Tommy feels there are players that can't handle an extra game on a Monday night, he can always play one of the younger lads.

Plus, it's another trophy on offer.

Ya, there are pluses and minuses. The pre season aspect I agree with you on.

But considering we are averaging about 2500 this season, I think it is fanciful to expect 1500 though the gates for the Setanta when it is outside your season ticket price.

We will agree to differ on its merits. But I would rather finish 5th than 6th as well obviously enough, so I will just have to suck it up.

Im still shocked Cliftonville have beaten us 4 times in 2 years, seriously no clue how :confused: Only reason i want to be in it is to beat them.

Good away trip too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Cork City FORAS Co-op crest. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I'm still fairly confident we will win but its certainly getting tense :(

• Advertisement

Anyone else muting it when they flick on? Seriously Setanta this is why you suck at tv.

Lovely stadium, best in the league by a mile.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone else muting it when they flick on? Seriously Setanta this is why you suck at tv.

Don't normally have Setanta, but I have to say, I prefer their coverage to RTE's.

The Blades almost promoted now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The Blades almost promoted now....

They will finish the job tomorrow night I fear :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Very close there!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Bloody hell.:(I thought that was in:(.

Limerick promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Limerick promoted.

Any reason to be afraid of them? ;)

Lars1916 wrote: »

Nope, but the place is a dump.

Ground and town.

• Advertisement

Cracking away trip, assuming your mates have issues down there.

Good addition to the premier.

Sligo can win the league with 1 win from their next 3. Most likely vs us next saturday.

Slim chance but more chance of us winning the the cup :D:D:D:D

Ground and town.

The away section is described as a 'grass bank' on the LOI stadium guide? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Ground and town.

It'll be a new ground and the town isn't a dump, I take it you haven't been here for a long time.

By all means though come down with that attitude and some of the more friendly locals i'm sure will make your visit memorable.

SUPERBLUES coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

The away section is described as a 'grass bank' on the LOI stadium guide? :eek:

you can ignore that everyone is fairly confident it'll be a new ground next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Iang87 wrote: »
    It'll be a new ground and the town isn't a dump, I take it you haven't been here for a long time.

By all means though come down with that attitude and some of the more friendly locals i'm sure will make your visit memorable.

SUPERBLUES coming

No doubt!

you can ignore that everyone is fairly confident it'll be a new ground next year

I can only rely on stadium guides, the one from Germany has no photos at all, and the one, I mentioned earlier, puts the ground into a very bad light.

Let's say, I'll make it down to the match, I take some decent pics and send them off to the German website, because I know, it is visited by groundhoppers from all over the world.

• Advertisement

I can only rely on stadium guides, the one from Germany has no photos at all, and the one, I mentioned earlier, puts the ground into a very bad light.

Let's say, I'll make it down to the match, I take some decent pics and send them off to the German website, because I know, it is visited by groundhoppers from all over the world.

Its an odd ground, the stand doesnt face the pitch and theres a wall around it you stand beside. The grass mound i assume is for home fans as we were not allowed there we had behind the goal and the right hand side of the stand.

Grand ground and decent city for a night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sligo seemed to be happy to take the draw at the end.

Colin Healy was a much needed boost for the midfield. Noone was getting on the ball in the 1st half.

Happy to see Dunleavy get the MOTM. Worked his socks off. Thought Turner was very good as well.

Good to see some decent away support at the Cross for a change.

Sligo doing their best to give us a grandstand finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Another draw, although was not too shabby a performance. Decent crowd too one best we had this season.

Sligo do look the business though and have things wrapped up now.

Not unless you play them in the very last game of season, at Tolka Park, in injury time and your seconds from winning the league. 2008 springs to mind.

But Shels are well used to bottle at this stage.:p

/runs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not unless you play them in the very last game of season, at Tolka Park, in injury time and your seconds from winning the league. 2008 springs to mind.

But Shels are well used to bottle at this stage.:p

/runs
    At least our club existed in 2008:-)

SUPERBLUES coming

Limerick is great spot.

Look forward to playing you guys next season.

What is going be new capacity for stadium? and where is Market Field?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Limerick is most definitely a kip btw, was hoping they wouldn't go up just to avoid that trip. We will probably get it twice now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

First of all, I hope you have more success than we had in Drogheda, said that for three years.
    Secondly - where will it be located and any details. Thirdly, nice to have Limerick back in the top tier, remember games in the Markets field many moons ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Great craic at the Limerick trips couple of years ago.

Lots of ironic "Munster" chanting.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Limerick is great spot.

Look forward to playing you guys next season.

What is going be new capacity for stadium? and where is Market Field?

The Market Fields is in Garryowen, one of the more welcoming parts of the city :)

Happy to see Dunleavy get the MOTM. Worked his socks off. Thought Turner was very good as well.

Would of given Turner MOTM. Cant complain with the picking though. Both played well.

Hopefully better to come next season.

Too many stupid draws in which we should of got more.

Melion wrote: »
    The Market Fields is in Garryowen, one of the more welcoming parts of the city :)

Is it?:confused:

Have cousins who lived there. Used go to Garryowen rugby matches when younger. Can never remember seeing Market Fields around there.

So everyone but Shels fans are happy with Limerick in the premier.

In fairness everyone but Shels fans are happy in general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Is it?:confused:

Have cousins who lived there. Used go to Garryowen rugby matches when younger. Can never remember seeing Market Fields around there.

Garryowen play there rugby matches on the other side of town in Dooradoyle for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement