Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 30), Oct 5-6, 2012.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Melion wrote: »
    Garryowen play there rugby matches on the other side of town in Dooradoyle for some reason.

Ahhh yes your right sure I forgot that.

Look forward to seeing the place anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So everyone but Shels fans are happy with Limerick in the premier.

In fairness everyone but Shels fans are happy in general.

I had a good chuckle at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

If they bring a decent crowd to Tolka, and if the Shels fans are treated in a decent and fair manner in Limerick, I am happy enough with them being in the premier. It goes both ways, i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jesus if people think Jackman Park was bad hope you never went to Rathbane.

I remember City winning 7-1 there once I say 18 years ago now, but Jesus if there was ever a dire place to be on a Sunday at 2pm Rathbane was that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I remember City winning 7-1 there once I say 18 years ago now, but Jesus if there was ever a dire place to be on a Sunday at 2pm Rathbane was that place.

18 years ago you say ?

Stinky-Pete-Toy-Story-2-_1024_576.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Fantastic crowd down from Sligo at the Cross tonight. About 500-600, I'd say. I can't remember an away crowd as big as that in Cork (discounting Cup finals) - maybe the 2005 league decider? Not a bad home crowd, either, for a season that's petering out.

Sligo had alot of possession, but they seemed to be trying to walk it into the net, rather than having more pops at goal. I thought we had the better of the chances, though. Very unlucky not to score from the corner with Spillane's header. Shame that Duggan didn't connect right with the ball for that shot in injury time.

A point is a handy enough, overall, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

CSF wrote: »
    Limerick is most definitely a kip btw, was hoping they wouldn't go up just to avoid that trip. We will probably get it twice now.

please please tell me why you hate limerick so much. I am intrigued how someone who clearly isn't from here or clearly didnt spend much time here could form such a concrete opinion.

I hope the likes of you dont come down next year to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It was one of the more decent nil all draws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

I have no problems with Limerick gaining promotion.

I welcome them up and to tolka park next season.

I don't hate them any more than shams :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

One is as bad as the other.

Though at least Jackman Park isn't at that back of some ghetto housing estate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cracking game in Bray despite the cold. Rovers organised well again. Bray were poor until 0-2, when they came out and attacked, should've been at least level or ahead before McCabe's clincher

Highlights were the end to end play, Jason Byrne hoofing a wild shot over the bar towards the end, the comical miss/defending in the first half when Bray hit the bar twice in one shot or Devlin getting sent off in the last second of injury time.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hope Limerick do have better ground for next year because Jackman is a kip tbh. Good to see Gamble back in the Premier too, even if he has completely wasted 2 years of his career there if we're honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Iang87 wrote: »
    CSF wrote: »
    Limerick is most definitely a kip btw, was hoping they wouldn't go up just to avoid that trip. We will probably get it twice now.

please please tell me why you hate limerick so much. I am intrigued how someone who clearly isn't from here or clearly didnt spend much time here could form such a concrete opinion.

I hope the likes of you dont come down next year to be honest
    I've been to Limerick lots of times unfortunately.

Unfortunately for both of us I will also be down next year. I don't miss Shels games.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

Would of given Turner MOTM. Cant complain with the picking though. Both played well.

Hopefully better to come next season.

Too many stupid draws in which we should of got more.

To be honest id have taken a draw against Sligo before the game, but I can see where your coming from though. City were brilliant second half and were unfortunate not to get the goal their play deserved.

There has been a load of games this season where we have been on top but just could'nt finish the job off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Fantastic crowd down from Sligo at the Cross tonight. About 500-600, I'd say. I can't remember an away crowd as big as that in Cork (discounting Cup finals) - maybe the 2005 league decider? Not a bad home crowd, either, for a season that's petering out.

Sligo had alot of possession, but they seemed to be trying to walk it into the net, rather than having more pops at goal. I thought we had the better of the chances, though. Very unlucky not to score from the corner with Spillane's header. Shame that Duggan didn't connect right with the ball for that shot in injury time.

I decided to take in a game at Cork City yesterday, seemed like a draw was a fair result.

Had to laugh at the Cork fans behind the goal though, 'Top of the league and you still don't sing' while the Sligo fans were obviously singing pretty loud :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I decided to take in a game at Cork City yesterday, seemed like a draw was a fair result.

Had to laugh at the Cork fans behind the goal though, 'Top of the league and you still don't sing' while the Sligo fans were obviously singing pretty loud :pac:

Never heard so many chants about cows.

"What the f**k is on your head" at Quigley always raised a smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Paz-CCFC wrote: »

They weren't at the time of that chant and for most of it though to be honest. The odd rendition of songs but was about 20 min in second half where they were quiet enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I'm happy that Limerick are back - I like going down there as I have mates there - but then again, I've just 'latched onto' Shels so I'm hardly typical. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

born2bwild wrote: »
    I'm happy that Limerick are back - I like going down there as I have mates there - but then again, I've just 'latched onto' Shels so I'm hardly typical. ;)

I'm glad Limerick are up but still think the place is a dump. What pigeon hole do I fit in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Corholio wrote: »
    Hope Limerick do have better ground for next year because Jackman is a kip tbh. Good to see Gamble back in the Premier too, even if he has completely wasted 2 years of his career there if we're honest.

Wasted 2 years? I'd say the chap is on one of the highest wages in the League tbh.
    born2bwild wrote: »

Not a fan of the majority Limerick fans, they got all huffy after singing "Stab City Franchise", their kids throwing stones from the terrace at women and kids ffs and the locals who occassionally like to wait at the train station entrance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement