Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: FAI Ford Cup Semi Finals; Oct 7, 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Of the four teams left, Pats are streets ahead.

..but funny things happen in football...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

I was looking forward to watching this but seeing Alan Kelly tempers that a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Man U 1-0

Dundalks pitch looks crap

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

A draw suits us in our chances of getting a Setanta cup place with Shels having an extra game before we play them next Saturday.

Shels will probably be the more happier side after that as Derry looked to be in control of the game for large parts of it . Bennion made a few decent saves second half to deny Derry getting a winner.

Cant see anything other than a Pats win in the 2nd semi, saying that though form has a tendency to go out the window for the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Pats one up.
    Browne

Get in :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    1-0 Pats

Hamilton is a dozy twit

"Dundalk take the lead"

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

2-0 Bolger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Rafter should have buried that. The stains in full voice, but have the worst chants I've ever heard. Generic ****e

3-0 O'Conner

Roll on 4th November :D

• Advertisement

How can they praise conors 'techniqu'? He rolled the ball into an empty net.. can't stand football on tv.

How can they praise conors 'techniqu'? He rolled the ball into an empty net.. can't stand football on tv.

Very easily

He scored :D

Not much technique to rolling a ball into an empty net. If anything cherry should have been torn up for lack of commitment to what he tried to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Pighead wrote: »
    Buzzing for later.

Dundalk are one the worst LOI sides I've seen, and we're pretty good. Wonder how we'll lose it tho :(
    Same way you lost to us in Richmond a couple of months back maybe. We may be awful but we have a chance today.

Prepare yourself for disappointment. The second most successful cup team in the country are looking for number ten.

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier...

I was too busy winning FAI Cup semi finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Will be down the country for the 4th of November. But will try rush back up to Dublin to see the match in Lansdowne.

C'mon you Saints!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier...

I was too busy winning FAI Cup semi finals.

Which player are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Feel a little hard done by in that Patterson surely should have been sent off at 1-0? Think we could have held out against 10 men, but think we can do it Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We were absolutely shocking in the 1st half, probably the worst I have seen us play all season. Players did not seem interested in the game at all, and shown up by the fact that we hardly challenged for any aerial balls, and were second to everything. Shels deserved to be leading.

But I think we played better in the second, and Shels seemed to fade, so maybe a draw was a fair result.

We have played better away from home this season, so here's hoping for Wednesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Hopefully Pats don't win it and Shams will be without European football.

If we win the double Rovers not in Europe...just saying :pac:

Dundalk are ****, their pitch is ****, they dont even belong in the 1st division. Easiest game we have played all season, shocked it took so long to kill off.

So who is going to beat us in the final? I would prefer Derry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Watching a recording of the game now, how was Patterson not sent off for lashing out at Cronin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Right so, I saw that one coming, a replay. For some reason, Tolka Park attracts me :cool:

KO at 8pm, I suppose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I f*ckin love St Pat's!!! Today was grandiose.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lars1916 wrote: »
    KO at 8pm, I suppose?

FAI will probably set it for 4.37 am, just because they hate shels.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

It was a good laugh when the announcer said that a Dundalk player won Man of the Match!

FAI will probably set it for 4.37 am, just because they hate shels.

And move it to Craven Cottage?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dundalk are ****, their pitch is ****, they dont even belong in the 1st division. Easiest game we have played all season, shocked it took so long to kill off.

You stay classy San Diego...

iregk wrote: »
    You stay classy San Diego...

It's the truth though. They can't even serve chips within a reasonable timeframe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Don't even belong in the first division? Your lack of respect is astonishing. If Pighead was good at finding out where people lived and a good boxer he'd get in his lovely car, find your house and box the absolute lugs off you. You'd be left whimpering like a down and out junkie in Inchicore.

Yes Dundalk are shit at the moment but we shall rise again and add more success to our glorious legacy. Still more successful than your team and still home to the soundest people in Ireland. We're all lovely. Dundalk FC we love you.

Pighead wrote: »
    Don't even belong in the first division? Your lack of respect is astonishing. If Pighead was good at finding out where people lived and a good boxer he'd get in his lovely car, find your house and box the absolute lugs off you. You'd be left whimpering like a down and out junkie in Inchicore.

Yes Dundalk are shit at the moment but we shall rise again and add more success to our glorious legacy. Still more successful than your team and still home to the soundest people in Ireland. We're all lovely. Dundalk FC we love you.

Cool story :pac:

My god you were bad yesterday tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Even pighead doesn't defend the pitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Such a negative outlook you seem to have dreamers. You should change your name to baddreamers75.

Why not focus on the positives? Our announcer had a stormer, it was a beautiful day and there was a crowd of over 2000 people in Oriel Park which hasn't happened in a while. Oh and Derek Foran is a hero.

Oh and we definitely would have won the game had Mark Griffen been playing instead of that follicly challenged chancer Barry Conlon. (Maybe).

Foran always plays well against us, if he played like that when he was with us it would have been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nothing against Derry, but hope Shels get through to final for some ****s and giggles in here:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Cienciano wrote: »
    Even pighead doesn't defend the pitch
    Its not the worst pitch in the league. Tolka's is far worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Its not the worst pitch in the league. Tolka's is far worse.

At least there's not an eight foot drop from one end of Tolka to the other.

Slight favourites I think now for the replay.

K.o. is 8pm btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Believe it or not that was one of our better performances. YES we really are that bad. That was probably the worst Pats have played against us this season and still dominated without breaking sweat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Zebra3 wrote: »
    At least there's not an eight foot drop from one end of Tolka to the other.

Slight favourites I think now for the replay.

K.o. is 8pm btw.

There is in the Jax though !

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

uch wrote: »

What???:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Anyone catch this from the Derry-Shels game?

:pac:

• Advertisement

dan1895 wrote: »
    What???:confused:

To enter the Bar in the restrooms (the ones for the men), you have to go down some steps. It's a bit of a joke, tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Buzzing for tomorrow!!

SantryRed wrote: »
    Buzzing for tomorrow!!

Evens for a Shels win, 11/5 for a draw, 12/5 for an away win (PP)...looks like, Shels are favourites. I hope, that is not a bad omen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Evens for a Shels win, 11/5 for a draw, 12/5 for an away win (PP)...looks like, Shels are favourites. I hope, that is not a bad omen

We're at home, where we lost a lot, but we did beat Derry in Tolka 1-0 at the start of the season. Can see it going all the way to penos though.

SantryRed wrote: »
    We're at home, where we lost a lot, but we did beat Derry in Tolka 1-0 at the start of the season. Can see it going all the way to penos though.

10/1 for that one ;)

Has Chris Bennion a good record in saving pennos?

...23/10 for a Shels win with Philly Hughes anytime goalscorer, maybe I risk a fiver each :D

I reckon Shels will win this game in the 90 minutes. Derry don't seem to have the belief when they go behind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    I reckon Shels will win this game in the 90 minutes. Derry don't seem to have the belief when they go behind.

:confused:

They went behind and came back on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

uch wrote: »
    Don't mention the toilets in that place or the Shamrock lads will take offence. ;)

Des wrote: »
    :confused:
    They went behind and came back on Sunday
    And they are still not in the final. I can't see them doing it away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I watched 2 poor teams in th Brandywell on Sunday, so I think this tie is anybody's.

We play better away, so I have some hope.

Chance Molloy might be out, if so we have zero bite in midfield.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I was unsure before Sunday so I stuck money on Derry to go through (as opposed to 90 minutes).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
Advertisement