Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: FAI Ford Cup Semi Finals; Oct 7, 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can't see either us or Shels beating Pats in the final tbh.

Unless they improve dramatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

NIMAN wrote: »

Sure whoever wins tomorrow won't have to beat Pats in the final.

Pats will find a way to beat themselves :D 50 years and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

It's always good to be the Underdog, as everyone expects St. Pats to win ;)

Fiver each on Shels to win on pennos, and Shels winning with Philly Hughes anytime goalscorer. Let it happen, please, I want to invite someone to a drink :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

SantryRed wrote: »
    Buzzing for tomorrow!!

When I heard you were going tomorrow the first thing that sprung to mind was, have we won a game this season you were at? :(

Many travelling down from Derry, NIMAN?

When I heard you were going tomorrow the first thing that strung to mind was, have we won a game this season you were at? :(

Every series comes to an end eventually *prays*...*holds the docket in his hands, shivering*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

When I heard you were going tomorrow the first thing that sprung to mind was, have we won a game this season you were at? :(

Yes :D

Derry at home. We won 1-0. So I have to be there now!! ;)

We will have our worst ever crowd for an away cup game this time. Talk of maybe couple of hundred.

There is widespread disillusionment up here at the minute, with the crowds at home dropping off dramatically as the season progressed. Our crowds are now around the 1200 mark I'd guess, and most of them are season ticket holders.

I won't be at the game myself, work commitments, so I will have to tune in on the radio. I think its a 50/50 game, fingers crossed.

I'd say if we made the final, we might struggle to get 3 or 4000 to the Aviva, compared to nearly 9,000 or 10000 we used to take to Cup finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've got three "non regulars" coming with me this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

It's hardly on the telly is it - don't see it in the listings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    It's hardly on the telly is it - don't see it in the listings

It's on RTE3

• Advertisement

We will have our worst ever crowd for an away cup game this time. Talk of maybe couple of hundred.

There is widespread disillusionment up here at the minute, with the crowds at home dropping off dramatically as the season progressed. Our crowds are now around the 1200 mark I'd guess, and most of them are season ticket holders.

I won't be at the game myself, work commitments, so I will have to tune in on the radio. I think its a 50/50 game, fingers crossed.

I'd say if we made the final, we might struggle to get 3 or 4000 to the Aviva, compared to nearly 9,000 or 10000 we used to take to Cup finals.

Never mind, I was supposed to be in work when Shels played Shamrock Rovers the other night, but suddenly, I got an upset stomach...or was it a bad cough? ;)

Des wrote: »
    It's on RTE3

???

Setanta showing Stockport vs Wrexham, anything else more important that the Irish Cup semi final...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Lars1916 wrote: »
    ???

Setanta showing Stockport vs Wrexham, anything else more important that the Irish Cup semi final...

As far as I know they don't have the rights to show FAI Cup.

Shels 0 - 1 Derry City, goal just before half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Its on Drive 105 with Derry lads on commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lars1916 wrote: »
    ???

Stockport 1 Wrexham 2..... Just for you Lars :P

2-0 to Derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Looking like repeat of 2006 final so.

Looking like repeat of 2006 final so.

If its half as good as that one (with same final outcome) I'll be more than happy.

We defintiely play better away from home.;)

• Advertisement

3-0 to Derry

Well done Derry. I did think Shels would be too good, but fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

FT 3-0 Derry

Prefer to lose to Derry then Shels tbh

dreamers75 wrote: »
    FT 3-0 Derry

Prefer to lose to Derry then Shels tbh

confidence at peak levels I see;)

We will start as underdogs for the final, and that will probably be fair enough. And may just suit us.

Roll on 4th November!

confidence at peak levels I see;)

Interesting stat.

We have never beaten Derry in the Cup.....

Any Cup..........

Ever.......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very good result for city tonight.

1st time for everything.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Very good result for city tonight.

... aye, considering we have been pure dung for most of this season.

The 1st half the other day v Shels at the Brandywell, we were atrocious. If Shels had gone for it, they could have finished the tie.

550842_10151441730198906_519591866_n.jpg

jaysis that was quick

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Interesting stat.

We have never beaten Derry in the Cup.....

Any Cup..........

Ever.......

That should not matter come final day.

It seems be Irish thing where people get worried about these type of stats more then others.

If you play to potential you should be good enough.

• Advertisement

meh stupid cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Didn't see that result coming - fair play to Derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

3-0 to Derry

Well done Derry.

Our hoofball just wasn't enough tonight :o

You didn't play hoofball in the Brandywell, why did you start tonight?

You didn't play hoofball in the Brandywell, why did you start tonight?

Direct football on Sunday being generous, don't know what to call tonight's effort.

Although if Dawson's shot had of crossed the line at 0-0 things may have been different.

Congrats anyways......just do Pats over please :)

Omackeral wrote: »
    Stockport 1 Wrexham 2..... Just for you Lars :P

Thanks very much.

I'm going to bed, tomorrow I'll wake up and everything was just a nightmare :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

What happened the last time these kunts used this EXACT wording in a display? Hopefully this is an omen..

253086_278844272233247_922587651_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭secman

Was really looking forward to going to the final as i have seen pats lose 5 finals thus far . But my first grandchild.s christening is on that day ! There will be 2 first cousins on opposing teams, Connor kenna and Simon madden. Hopefully pats can get revenge for 2006, 4-3 loss on a crazy windy day .

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I've reported your post. What it contained was utterly disgusting and offended every sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Even enough game 'til the first goal. After that, a shameful collapse. It could have been five or six. :o

We blew our chance on Sunday. :(

Pat's will slaughter Newderry in their first ever final. After all those decades waiting, Pat's first cup win in so long will be very anti-climatic (not that they'll mind!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Didn't see that result coming - fair play to Derry

Most people didn't, tbh I'm gutted, would have liked to give it a go!

Was good to see a decent Shels crowd stay back in the New Stand till the Derry players and staff had finished appaulding their fans to a decent applause from us, say they were fairly surprised mind you, got to give credit were it's due though on getting to the Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Most people didn't, tbh I'm gutted, would have liked to give it a go!

Was good to see a decent Shels crowd stay back in the New Stand till the Derry players and staff had finished appaulding their fans to a decent applause from us, say they were fairly surprised mind you, got to give credit were it's due though on getting to the Final.
    Derry fans were brilliant as usual. Wasn't a whole lot of them but they made a hell of noise all evening long. Never stopped singing. Best away fans in the league without doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I was at the semi final tonight. I thought the first half was fairly even, but Derry bossed the second half. All Shels could manage as a comeback was hopeless long balls and shots from 40 yards. Simon Madden and McNamee were excellent for Derry. It was the first time I'd heard of McNamee.

Simon Madden and McNamee were excellent for Derry. It was the first time I'd heard of McNamee.
    Yeah that bit of skill by Madden to bamboozle the two Shels defenders and set up the first goal was sublime.

Pighead wrote: »
    Derry fans were brilliant as usual. Wasn't a whole lot of them but they made a hell of noise all evening long. Never stopped singing. Best away fans in the league without doubt.

The man with that drum was a bit annoying, I still hear those drumbeats in my ears :pac:

But anyway, good luck for the final :)

That ****in drum?

Most of the time its all you could hear :o

Dub XV wrote: »
    That ****in drum?

Most of the time its all you could hear :o
    I was right beside that drum. There was actually two of them. A big one and a small one. Not everybody's cup of tea but I thought it sounded great. And despite there not being too many fans in attendance those that were there never stopped singing all night. Think the announcer said that the attendance was 1477.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I was right beside that drum. There was actually two of them. A big one and a small one. Not everybody's cup of tea but I thought it sounded great. And despite there not being too many fans in attendance those that were there never stopped singing all night. Think the announcer said that the attendance was 1477.

I was beside them too and I thought the two drums sounded very good. I wouldn't always be in favour of drums at matches, but these lads could actually play them.

• Advertisement

I was beside them too and I thought the two drums sounded very good. I wouldn't always be in favour of drums at matches, but these lads could actually play them.

Yeah it was like a st Paticks Day parade band!

Advertisement