Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boy who can't forget

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Sheldon Cooper in real life :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

I have trouble remembering people's names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

I'm sure he could win every quiz and spelling competition on the planet. How does his brain cope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

I'm sure he could win every quiz and spelling competition on the planet. How does his brain cope?

He only remembers what HE does or did on a specific day, other than that as far as I know his brain works the same as the rest of us. There's a name for the condition but I can't remember it off the top of my head... *groan* :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Sheldon Cooper in real life :eek:

Fuck that show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I forgot that was on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

that would be fair handy for exams. where do I sign up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    I forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Tea_Bag wrote: »

Until you remember what you did last night and can't ever forget it happened - selective total recall/can't forget on the other hand :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I remember seeing something like this before. It's not a nice thing. You can never forget grief and you'll continually feel regret and remorse for the simple fact that you can't forget. Forgetting is a brilliant defence mechanism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I have a great memory too. I'll never forget whatshisname telling me I should go on that talent show which name escapes me. You know the one, with him that used to do the thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Where To wrote: »
    I have a great memory too. I'll never forget whatshisname telling me I should go on that talent show which name escapes me. You know the one, with him that used to do the thing.
    Aw yeah your man with the face
    Just call ould what's his face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

wait, what was this thread about again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Madam Marie

Wonder would he come to Vegas with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I think ive seen this film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I feel sorry for the lad. All those embarrassing nights out when you're locked out of your box, never to be forgotten!

Having a **** must be great for him though! All that fap material in perfect detail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Done already. A belter of a short story.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funes_the_Memorious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

He only remembers what HE does or did on a specific day, other than that as far as I know his brain works the same as the rest of us. There's a name for the condition but I can't remember it off the top of my head... *groan* :p

Eidetic according to one S.Cooper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

So they finally gave jack his own TV show?

About time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

Would I be the only one who would find it very funny if he ended up with alzeheimers

Or am I just a bad ba$tard?

• Advertisement

That would suck in fairness..

It'd be like having that "oh you're falling asleep? let me remind you of all the embarrassing things you've ever done first" brain switched on all the time, I'd say
    doesn't sound nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Was listening to a radio piece about him the other day. He remembers everything as pictures, so they're they're snapshots. He says its like looking through a photo album rather than looking at a movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Put the amount of stuff he remebers on a hard drive how much gigs would you need:D

dave1982 wrote: »
    Put the amount of stuff he remebers on a hard drive how much gigs would you need:D

Doesn't mention how many megapixels his brain has..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

So what did you have for breakfast 3rd January 2007?

Who the feck is going to know if he's telling the truth!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Fuck that show.

The fact you know who his is would suggest you watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

dave1982 wrote: »

Doesn't mention how many megapixels his brain has..
    Or what res the photos are :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Just watched this on Channel 4. The guy could recount what he did years before on any given day, the weather, what he ate, what day of the week it was etc. Frieky stuff.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/9566453/The-Boy-Who-Cant-Forget-Channel-4-review.html

Poor bastard.

His first sexual encounter (awkward as it always is) is never going to leave him.

Mind you, may i ask AH'ers on their opinion to the following:

How would you feel about keeping this child locked up for medical research? Sacrifice this one boy to possibly better all of mankind, or is that too far?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Does this mean he remembers coming out of his mothers fanny?

*shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You were wearing your blue jumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

Ha, best comment on the Telegraph site. "I get this "skill" at 2am every fu€king morning"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Sindri wrote: »
    I remember seeing something like this before. It's not a nice thing. You can never forget grief and you'll continually feel regret and remorse for the simple fact that you can't forget. Forgetting is a brilliant defence mechanism.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was an episode of House.

Advertisement