Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's 3.15 and I'm drinking in work

• 05-10-2012 3:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭

2 pints for lunch at a "meeting" and now got handed another beer at my desk by the CEO...

Feels weird being paid to drink and get drunk during the day. Having breakfast may have been a good idea.

Anyone else go drinking a bit early on a Friday?

(I'm in NZ, it's 3.15pm here)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Ive often done that, but then I was working in a bar, and it was 3:15am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Can I have your job? It's 3:26AM in Ireland and I'm still drinking:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭Madam Marie

Ah, New Zealand, where men are men and sheep are nervous.

Ah, New Zealand, where men are men and sheep are nervous.

Really want his job now lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

It's 3.30 and im awake with my new pal insomnia. We just met a week ago and it aint pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

FanadMan wrote: »
    Can I have your job? It's 3:26AM in Ireland and I'm still drinking:pac:

nothing wrong with that either, unless you have to be in work at 8am tomorrow, fun fun?

nothing wrong with that either, unless you have to be in work at 8am tomorrow, fun fun?

Is that not 8am yesterday lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Thinly veiled " I'm a raving alcoholic " thread.

Fr. Jack, is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

New Zealand? That's like a poor mans Australlia, right?

So you're in gainful employment, in a country that ISN'T Ireland, you get slightly jarred on the job, get paid for doing so, your boss knocks back a couple with you, then back at the office and the boss slips you another beer indicating you may continue drinking?

Sorry if I've missed the point here completely OP, but would you mind re-posting exactly what your problem was with all of that? I mean if you're unhappy with your lot and would be more comfortable doing some minimum wage number then go for it! I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭trodsky

So you're in gainful employment, in a country that ISN'T Ireland, you get slightly jarred on the job, get paid for doing so, your boss knocks back a couple with you, then back at the office and the boss slips you another beer indicating you may continue drinking?

Sorry if I've missed the point here completely OP, but would you mind re-posting exactly what your problem was with all of that? I mean if you're unhappy with your lot and would be more comfortable doing some minimum wage number then go for it! I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Drinking at work . Yes please
    New Zealand . No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Yup. But in my defence it was to stave off the hangover that was kicking in from last night.

Didn't get home til 4am (was out at karaoke with work people) and the hangover started kicking in at 11am so had a cheeky beer with lunch and now having another few as it's beer o'clock :)

I'm in Oz by the way....this is how we do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

dermiek wrote: »
    Thinly veiled " I'm a raving alcoholic " thread.

Fr. Jack, is that you?

More like thinly veiled "i'm all excited coz the CEO of my company gave me a beer..i'd better make a post on boards.ie and let everyone know" :pac:

Advertisement