Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skiing

Options
  • 05-10-2012 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get ski holiday packages? First time going and i wouldn't have a clue where to book/get prices from. Hoping to fly out end of December 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Crystal Ski are the main package people for Ireland. Also topflight and few other 'high' end types (e.g. highlife).

If your're going in December probably best to head somewhere thats "snow sure". That usually means avoiding the lower altitude resorts.

"Where To Ski and Snowboard" is worth a look to get a feel for resorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

HI,

I would like to plan a 4 day ski trip but none of the companies or resorts seem to do 4 day weekend packages. i have looked at the usual sites and they haven't been great. Ideally i would prefer a resort that caters more for beginner and intermediate and would be leaving from Dublin. Andorra looked to be best spot but travel time to the area from barcelona or toulouse is making me think twice about that place. anyone planned or booked something similar?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

You could look at morzine or les gets about an hour from geneva airport. Highlife do 3 or 4 day packages excluding flights but its also easy enough to put your own package together. There are transfer buses every hour or so in the airport.
    Lots of nice blues and greens. Though is probably a bit quieter than andorra or livigno i would much prefer it and the transfer makes it ideal for a weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

The main operators out of Dublin, are Direct, Top flight and Crystal

From Belfast, also Inghams and Neilson

Lots on Alpine airports served by Ryanair and Aer Lingus, Girona, Gva, Bergamo etc

Lots of good last minute deals come up every year, if you can avoid going mid term
    Always lots for Andorra, Austria, and Livingo

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mckeowneok

I went this year with direct ski to Livigno for the 3rd time. It was the same week as the other two years, the first in January. It wasnt as lively this year as the previous. The skiing was great as always with the services second to none but it was dead at night time this year so much so that the famous mountain fest was not even held. We thought it had something to do with crystal ski having pulled out but maybe it was just a bad week this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

This is my third year of organizing a ski holiday for a group of us (about 8ppl) and I have found it cheaper to do it yourself.
    I've compared the packages from companys like Crystal but each time I find it fairly easy to undercut them, sometimes by a few hundered (based on a per person cost, 7nights accom).

I notice that when you book with Crystal you dont get the ski pass which is an extra €200+ (6 days)

Other folks have already mentioned the main operators so no point me relisting them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭boarsboard

buy flight and hotel separate

find out were you want to go,
    email hotels

you save 50%

airfares are only coming out now

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JamieHarris

I drove to Mount St Louis Moonstone last year and took up their full season package and it was pretty awesome. Wasn't too highly priced and in $575 I was able to go twice every week the whole winter. Have you tried a season pass before? I highly recommend it! Have fun!

Advertisement