Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn Fillets - Dublin

Options
  • 05-10-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

These bad boys:
    363_main.jpg

Has anyone seen these in any shop in Dublin in the past fortnight? They're usually a supermarket staple but I haven't been able to get them anywhere in the past 2 weeks or so. I've tried Tesco in Phibsboro, Jervis and Crumlin; Dunnes in Rathmines and George's St; and Superquinn in Kimmage. I've also tried a few Spars and Centras around town on the off chance. Where have they disappeared to?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

never see them

only see breaded fillets garlic & herb or these new sticky fillets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Zombienosh wrote: »
    never see them

only see breaded fillets garlic & herb or these new sticky fillets

They were pretty easy enough to come by up until a couple of weeks ago. They're just so handy for dinners, if I find them I'm buying them all and having them in! Oh, might try Iceland at lunch. They're ok for Quorn stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

They have them in Superquinn Knocklyon as my wife bought them yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

tescp phibsboro has got rid of nearly all their quorn products , theyre rubbish! Have you tried tesco in cabra. Or if youre near Swords JC's supermarket does lots of quorn, i always pop in there when passing through swords to pick up roasts and rashers

kkelliher wrote: »
    They have them in Superquinn Knocklyon as my wife bought them yesterday

Great! I'll take a spin out that way over the weekend. Thanks :D
    snowey07 wrote: »
    tescp phibsboro has got rid of nearly all their quorn products , theyre rubbish!

I know! They used to have a great little section. Boo :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

tesco phibsboro gone to **** now. Some crap linda mccarney small roast thing 6 euro. They sold off all their old stock for 1-2 euro. Spent about 40e and got so much. It's all gone now though. Heard the same about other tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Some crap linda mccarney small roast thing 6 euro.
    Got that Linda Mc roast thing a couple of weeks ago expecting a good amount of food in it for 6 quid, had to laugh when I opened it, won't be getting it again that's for sure.

The quorn stuff always seems to just end up disappearing, ridiculous situation really.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I picked it up and it weighted nothing, looked at the weight on it and put it back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I found some in Dunnes (but that was a couple of weeks ago). I hate that now most tescos don't carry the BBQ quorn fillets nor the Linda Tuscan fillets. Are there now less vegetarians or something? I am finding that there are less veggie products in general now outside of health food stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

yeah me too.

I can never find those fillets mentioned, usually its the bags of "chicken pieces" or the mince.

some supermarkets selections has decreased since summer and health food shop are too overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Saw them in Superquinn Ballinteer this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Superquinn in Walkinstown usually has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

Not really intending to offend anyone, but what is it with vegetarians and fake "meat" products ? I am vegetarian but very rarely go next or near these items. Occasionally I cook some tofu but I mostly use beans and pulses. Are they just convenient in an omnivore household where they can be substitute the meal or fish on the plate ? Or is it the common myth that vegetarians miss/crave things like rashers and sausages ? As from above posts, they don't come cheap and depend very much on local supermarket policies for their availability. Still don't really get it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Iceland usually stock a good range of quorn products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

It might be a little far to go but I saw them in Tesco Maynooth earlier today.

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    It might be a little far to go but I saw them in Tesco Maynooth earlier today.

Hmm, that is a little far for me! Thanks so much for letting me know though.

I found some in Tesco in Nutgrove last week. Strange, because I had tried them a few times already. They only had 5 bags and I bought them all to have them in. Apologies to anyone else wanting them! :o

Advertisement