Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enda Kenny on the cover of Time magazine: 'The Celtic Comeback'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Biggins wrote: »
    Having posted all that just to have a dig and or muck rake - to quote yourself..

"Classy"

Good way to
    1. Try changing the debate.
    2. Avoid your absolute inability to read whats in front of you.

1. Don't need to change the debate (?-Change the direction of the debate, maybe?), old flower-I'm quite happy to answer any query you raise-you have been very generous with your thirty thousand-read it slowly, Thirty Thousand posts, the vast majority on this forum, in that you've given me plenty of material to choose from.

2. In what regard have I failed to read what's in front of me? You seem to be the one with reading difficulties-I said I was referring to your posts here and elsewhere regarding Rúairi Quinn, you seem intent on restricting the argument to this thread alone. Now why would that be? Could it be that you can't remember what you've written? You can't remember where you purport to be an employer and entrepreneur (most recently), an expert in home automation, electrical installations and alarms (when you haven't a notion what you're on about), or a shadowy figure in the areas of military endeavour, security, espionage and whatever you're having yourself. The search forum on here is a credit to the development team. It allows any user to seek out and quote any post a user has made on a public forum. Great, 'innit?

Staying on topic.

Oh thanks, I thought we *were* on topic, or is it a case of only on topic when it suits you?
    Avoid the issue, avoid the question, carry on with attempted digs, carry on with the strange ocular problem you have.

Just carry on and to use your term, stay "classy".

Not a bother.

You went from blatant disregard for Rúairi Quinn, to your usual prevaricating grey area, couched with disclaimers, when challenged. And not on this thread alone-I think this is the third or fourth time I've made that clear.

Anti Quinn: (referring to Quinn by name, among others "Cronyism", "Jobs for the Boys", "Understandably they don't always want it to be on record that they were never good enough to get themselves elected to a position of government office)
    So the aforementioned above now finally in their last years, get into power by the backdoor, by compromise and reportedly much to the anger of the younger side of the Labour movement who will be raising the issue at the next delegate conference."-7/3/'11

Wishy-washy nonsense: Michael Woods as opposed to Rúairi Quinn, this evening-"I'm personally up for the latter - no time for the former."

Your passive aggressive bullshit is getting very old, chap. Very old.

If you can't be yourself, why bother?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 blatherskite

If the economy starts to pick up by 2014 I think Kenny will be looked at in future as one of our best Taoisigh ever. Along with Lemass, Cosgrave Snr. and Bruton.

I also think this government (or the next if there is an election in the next year) will be seen as one of our best ever. When Ireland's economy does start to grow again it will be real growth from making and selling stuff/services, not swapping houses with each other. I used to dislike Fine Gael because they seemed elitist or for big farmers or a bit too middle-class, but now I'd best like to see them run the country themselves without any labour/leftist parties... it'd be good if there was an election soon so they could shake off that dead-weight and fix the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

1. Don't need to change the debate (?-Change the direction of the debate, maybe?), old flower-I'm quite happy to answer any query you raise-you have been very generous with your thirty thousand-read it slowly, Thirty Thousand posts, the vast majority on this forum, in that you've given me plenty of material to choose from.

2. In what regard have I failed to read what's in front of me? You seem to be the one with reading difficulties-I said I was referring to your posts here and elsewhere regarding Rúairi Quinn, you seem intent on restricting the argument to this thread alone. Now why would that be? Could it be that you can't remember what you've written? You can't remember where you purport to be an employer and entrepreneur (most recently), an expert in home automation, electrical installations and alarms (when you haven't a notion what you're on about), or a shadowy figure in the areas of military endeavour, security, espionage and whatever you're having yourself. The search forum on here is a credit to the development team. It allows any user to seek out and quote any post a user has made on a public forum. Great, 'innit?

Oh thanks, I thought we *were* on topic, or is it a case of only on topic when it suits you?

Not a bother.

You went from blatant disregard for Rúairi Quinn, to your usual prevaricating grey area, couched with disclaimers, when challenged. And not on this thread alone-I think this is the third or fourth time I've made that clear.

Anti Quinn: (referring to Quinn by name, among others "Cronyism", "Jobs for the Boys", "Understandably they don't always want it to be on record that they were never good enough to get themselves elected to a position of government office)
    So the aforementioned above now finally in their last years, get into power by the backdoor, by compromise and reportedly much to the anger of the younger side of the Labour movement who will be raising the issue at the next delegate conference."-7/3/'11

Wishy-washy nonsense: Michael Woods as opposed to Rúairi Quinn, this evening-"I'm personally up for the latter - no time for the former."

Your passive aggressive bullshit is getting very old, chap. Very old.

If you can't be yourself, why bother?

In all that crap above where you wander all over the place, I ask the question again:

Now where EXACTLY have I posted ANY liking for him, wishy washy or not!

WHERE?

Where have I advocated in words my support for him personally?

In all that crap above where you wander all over the place, I ask the question again:

WHERE?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81108013#post81108013

Can we talk about all the times you pretended to be a secret agent now?

Yes, thats for posting something I have now posted three times (I think) already myself.

So...

WHERE?

I could also ask where you've posted (regarding< that word goes there, by the way) any liking for *any politician*.

I have never seen such malevolent, negative, unconstructive crap posted so often, to so little effect, by one person, anywhere, in all my years on the internet.

And, I read thejournal.ie!

I could also ask where you've posted (regarding< that word goes there, by the way) any liking for *any politician*.

I have never seen such malevolent, negative, unconstructive crap posted so often, to so little effect, by one person, anywhere, in all my years on the internet.

And, I read thejournal.ie!

So avoid the question then - I'll try asking it again...

WHERE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81108013#post81108013

Ah leave Liam Neeson alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

The Celtic Comeback - the gathering 2013, when the diaspora come back to visit??

nice_very wrote: »
    The Celtic Comeback - the gathering 2013, when the diaspora come back to visit??

The Canadian section will be late: http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1005/canada-work-visa.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Yeah, I wouldn't fancy cleaning the bogs in Tamangoes, either...
    I don't know the ins and outs of this argument, but fair play, that's a very funny line.

I don't know the ins and outs of this argument, but fair play, that's a very funny line.

He even made me smile! :pac:

Sadly (or a blessing?) I've never been in Tamangoes. :o

Why do you keep cutting this bit out, Biggins?

If I may:
    Works the other way as well.

Was getting an alarm system and this rep muppet in a shop wanted to sell me a standard package so he started talking to me like I was a complete muppet.

Tried to tell him I knew what I wanted but... he kept going on and on and on about certain features of certain packages (with high commission for staff) and wasn't listening to me. I gave up and said nothing about what I do, training, qualifications, etc, nothing...

When he had finished all his well rehearsed sales pitch, I then asked for a list of everything I wanted from electrical components to CPU's, relays, silicon wiring and pin insulators, etc.

He quickly shut the hell up and went off sulking after he couldn't answer even one of my technical questions!
    He was a muppet with a rote learned sales pitch and nothing more.

Moral: Never judge a book by its cover - and if someone once in a while actually face to face tells you they know what they are talking about, sometimes they actually do!

(I am involved in this field, as, I'm sure are many readers-who will testify to the fact that this entire post is pure and utter crap, especially given the fact that the guy who posted it installed a domestic indoor socket. Outdoors.)
    Not rough - definitely got a lot quieter more thou.
    This has come about since I became head of the residents association.
    I brought in immediate changes to my estate in regards security, procedures and liaised better with the Gardi and other people who with me, took care of some problems we had.

(Note to self-when dealing with residents associations, watch out for firearms, small incendiary devices, or pocket protectors.)
    Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Ah leave Liam Neeson alone.

I had a drunken Liam Neeson on the Late Late on my mind, until I read this quote:
    Its a double edged sword.

It can effect your effectiveness when you have to be ready at any moment and time (to go or do anything).
    Also there have been many before me that have taken that route, its a hole you get into thats damn, damn hard to climb back out of.

Alcohol is a holiday, not a solution.

Why do you keep cutting this bit out, Biggins?
    1. Its got nothing to do with the current thread.
    2. I don't give into attempted slighting/digs.

Now that I have provided some answer, maybe you can answer one for me!

Now where EXACTLY have I posted ANY liking for Quinn, wishy washy or not!

WHERE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think its a great cover, great for Ireland and great for Enda Kenny.

I think he has done an excellent job so far. No other party would have been more satisfactory at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I think he has done an excellent job so far. No other party would have been more satisfactory at this stage.

Been at the sherry?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Been at the sherry?

Do you think any other party would have done a better job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Its hardly a bad thing really.. if I were to be cynical, it would only be for the sake of being cynical. Its a positive news story, one of the few these days.

*that said, paper never refused ink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

in fairness its fairly easy to look better than the previous government. even if this government is one of the ****tiest governments of all time........they still are better than FF/GREENS.

As for FG/LABOUR? they seem to have broken every preelection promise. they are more concerned about keeping overseas regimes happy. they care not a **** about the domestic economy. once they keep getting the money so they can carry on....its all good for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The lamest of lame excuses. "He made me do it" !!!!

How is it lame? The troika agreement hamstrings what any Government could do, it is a first for any new Government to deal with. Saying that is not an excuse, its economic and political reality.

That doesn't mean I am not critical of them, I was critical enough in my previous post to that one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

emo72 wrote: »
    i
    As for FG/LABOUR? they seem to have broken every preelection promise. they are more concerned about keeping overseas regimes happy. they care not a **** about the domestic economy. once they keep getting the money so they can carry on....its all good for them.

They do care. They don't get elected into government and decide to throw the expensive shoes up on the table as they quaff brandy and laugh at the plight of the pleb. We have no money. You can't have nice things if you cannot pay for them. They need to make major reforms to the way the country is run. We don't have the luxury of massive budget surpluses based upon stamp duty, and the ability of people to spend loads based on cheap credit.

I'd love to have seen a genuine reformer and pragmatist such as Quinn in office in the DoE during a period of relative stability in our economy.

How did this thread end up about Biggins and quoting posts from other threads? There's a rule about not posting stuff from other forums on AH, I'd be a mind that it should exist for digging up old stuff like this.

Anyway, RoundyMooney, don't post on this thread again and I'd suggest using the ignore function if somebody annoys you that much.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Is there a photoshop thread thing on this yet? If so can someone linky?

Sergeant wrote: »
    They do care. They don't get elected into government and decide to throw the expensive shoes up on the table as they quaff brandy and laugh at the plight of the pleb. We have no money. You can't have nice things if you cannot pay for them. They need to make major reforms to the way the country is run. We don't have the luxury of massive budget surpluses based upon stamp duty, and the ability of people to spend loads based on cheap credit.

I'd love to have seen a genuine reformer and pragmatist such as Quinn in office during a period of relative stability in our economy.

what about the PS expenses? only 3 out of 70 odd million? massive fail.

what about no more money to the banks/bondholders?

im sure they do care. just not enough. one thing i want is a stimulus. all they are doing is taking money away from us, and introducing new taxes. wheres the stimulus? they insisted the only way out of this is to grow the economy. how the **** is that going to happen now? im getting so sick of them now.

there is no reform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

This is the comeback Kid....
    the comeback kid..../

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Toshchiy Imperatritsy Vselennoy

The good publicity is badly needed. This is a massive turnaround from November 2010 and hopefully it will make business leaders look at Ireland when deciding where to invest. Fair play to Enda, I see the usual moaners have turned up right on cue.

Why do people think Multinational Corporations read Magazines to decide where to invest??

That is ridiculous.

They spend a lot of money employing experts to research and analyse regulations , markets, economies and oppertunities to hlp them make those decisions.

Sean Lemass was on the cover during his time before with a barage of newly built factories and a LEPRACHAUN...did it bring investment... NO

They don't go to fortunetellers either.

Nor are they swayed by junket trips to the whitehouse or riverdance..you don't decide to invest on sentiment ..you CRUNCH THE NUMBERS..

This is a laugh...possibly it is to tell Spain after recent events..LOOK LOOK SEE WE ARE NOT CRAZY IT WORKS

We need sovreignty back and then we a new party. We really need to consider wher we are going.

This article does Fcuk all for us in reality and it helps Europe convince itself that this is not a lost decade for the whole of Europe and this is getting dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

Its laughable, Enda on the front cover & Ryan featuring all those people bound to Canada on Tonights show.

emo72 wrote: »
    in fairness its fairly easy to look better than the previous government. even if this government is one of the ****tiest governments of all time........they still are better than FF/GREENS.

Yeah because it Fianna Geal/Labour that pocket the money :confused:

That money is for us and to keep our ATMs full of cash and our public servants at work.

Sergeant wrote: »

I'd love to have seen a genuine reformer and pragmatist such as Quinn in office in the DoE during a period of relative stability in our economy.

Well the 3 big promises they have kept are stimuli for the economy, no cuts to main Welfare rates, not touching the Croke Park agreement and not raising Income Tax rates. So the promises mean no actual reform of Welfare or the Public Service, cuts to services and payments like Disability and introducing stealth taxes.

That money is for us and to keep our ATMs full of cash and our public servants at work.

€64bn would fill an awful lot of ATMs and/or pay a shed load of wages. I hope you don't honestly believe that old guff.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0425/economy.html

There's already been a few ''inquiries'' about the bail-out fraud and I'm sure there'll be several more. The whole truth will out, probably long after Cowen passes away from old age.

• Advertisement

Yeah because it Fianna Geal/Labour that pocket the money :confused:

we would have been better off if they had let the banks fail.will i tell you what would have happened then? new banks would have opened. the world wouldnt end if ATMs closed. new ATMs would open instead. its not about us anymore. our kids are the ones who will be paying for this.

ya obviously they dont pocket the money. as you well know the CPA is protecting a lot of PS workers. oh, and im not against them, however, if we cant afford something then do without out. cut expenditure, but the PS isnt being touched.

absolutely not having a go at you Richard, but i thought my points are are obvious. i hate FF, i now hate FG. they are both so bad that i expect to vote for SF in the next election. when that happens......jesus, things are bad when that happens. but its gonna happen.

You can see how SF would be different by looking at the North, yeah right.

They'll pander to whatever votes got them elected, so expect no Welfare or Public Service reforms and more rises in taxes. Sound familiar?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm not an FG voter but I thought this was incredibly positive.

You don't see the PM of Greece, Spain, Italy or Portugal in this position do you?

Our bond yields have dropped, our deficit has reduced these past couple of years, we are on track to meet our IMF commitments, and imo, this article clearly points out that we are no longer part of the PIIGS to an extent.

Tough time still to come, but given that last month we had greater than expected tax revenue, and employment dropped slightly we are making progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

The Taoiseach’s Time has finally come...

By Paul O’Brien, Political Editor

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Enda Kenny has made Time magazine.

Let’s just hope it’s not like the Hello! curse.

The celebrity magazine is known for its gushing coverage of famous couples who later break up. And the last time a famous news magazine gushed over a taoiseach, disaster soon followed.

In Aug 2010, Newsweek included then taoiseach Brian Cowen in a list of 10 world leaders who had "managed to win serious respect", labelling him: "The Fiscal Taskmaster."

Three months later, Ireland needed a bailout from the EU-ECB-IMF troika.

Now, it’s Enda’s turn. Fingers crossed the outcome is a little better.

Newsweek’s rival, Time, has put Mr Kenny on the cover of its forthcoming European edition, with a headline blaring: "The Celtic Comeback."

That would be the same comeback where the number of people at work fell in Mr Kenny’s first year in office — from 1.82m people in the second quarter of 2011 to 1.78m a year later. The same comeback that’s being built on decisions cutting home help.

But Time is focusing on the macro picture. "Prime Minister Enda Kenny is rebuilding his country’s economy," the cover states. "What the rest of Europe can learn from him."

Well, the fine arts of diplomacy, for a start. The Taoiseach’s decision to play with his phone during a recent audience with the Pope was a masterclass in statecraft.

But Time thinks Mr Kenny is simply under-appreciated at home. Asked why such a gulf exists between domestic and international perceptions of him, Time’s Europe editor Catherine Mayer said: "You could say it’s because the Irish know him better. But it’s also because the Irish focus on the smaller picture, and sometimes you really can see things better from a distance."

At least we’ve been spared the begorrah element this time. When Time profiled Sean Lemass in 1963, its cover featured an image of Lemass in front of shamrock-festooned curtains drawn open to reveal a factory.

"Ireland: New spirit in the ould sod," it said. The curtains were drawn by a leprechaun. Sodding typical.

© This appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Saturday, October 06, 2012

© Examiner Publications (Cork) Limited, City Quarter, Lapps Quay, Cork. Registered in Ireland: 73385.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

[/QUOTE]Are you comparing a well-meaning, if bumbling, man from Mayo to two of the great tyrants of the 20th century?[/QUOTE]

Hey Im all up for trying to take over europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

IvySlayer wrote: »
    It's Taoiseach.

No, it's the Tow-Seck, or Tow-Sech.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I think the people would actually like a government that is honest, decent and stands by the very words they speak to them with.

Yes, so far when it comes to Ireland, I and many are dreaming with the continuing present, stayed too long in the Dail elected lot!
    The old guard are too set in their ways of outdated working methodology, self-interest and thinking!

And? As I said you are looking for utopia, blaming politicians when the real culprits are the electorate, people exactly like you who wont pay the household charge yet expect services to stay on par. There is a term used for that, its called a leach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jank wrote: »
    And? As I said you are looking for utopia, blaming politicians when the real culprits are the electorate, people exactly like you who wont pay the household charge yet expect services to stay on par. There is a term used for that, its called a leach.

They could save a lot of money by just having a toss-up instead of a General Election.
    Like Heads = Fianna Fail.
    Tails = Fianna Fail Lite.
    And if the coin lands on it's edge then S.F. and the rest can run the show.
    This would save a lot of money because elections just mean more of the same anyway.

jank wrote: »

Yes, it was the electorate who forced the corrupt politicians to physically to things they did of course!
    Yes, it was the electorate who forced the corrupt politicians to physically to fill in the form which means claiming sometimes things they might not have been entitled to or take advantage of! (Speaking of leeches!)
    Yes, it was the electorate who forced the corrupt politicians to physically to commit cronyism.
    Yes, it was the electorate who forced politicians to physically to give 17 Billion away this year and another 18 billion next year.
    Yes, it was the electorate who forced politicians to physically to stall, drop and complete u-turn on issues.
    Yes, it was the electorate who forced politicians to invent more taxes/charges/levy's so far - and more to come!

We must have a lot of weak politicians indeed if the public can get them to do all that and more!

Whether the article is right or wrong, its still good.

Economics is all about perception. If the sheep in the markets hadn't woken up in 2008, the german banks would still be shovelling money at us... Property would still have crashed though......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Basking in a bit of global limelight today. Smirking up from the bottom of a cat litter tray tomorrow.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunnews/4574932/Theyll-regret-this-until-the-Enda-Time.html
    TAOISEACH Enda Kenny has made the cover of Time magazine in a special edition praising him for leading ‘The Celtic Comeback’.
    But the mag hit the news-stands just as experts issued ANOTHER gloomy economic growth forecast.

...But the Central Bank yesterday slashed its forecasts for growth in the economy. It said Gross Domestic Product would grow by just 0.5 per cent this year and 1.7 per cent in 2013, down from July forecasts of 0.7 per cent and 1.9 per cent.

Comeback?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/the-taoiseachs-time-has-finally-come-210069.html
    In Aug 2010, Newsweek included then taoiseach Brian Cowen in a list of 10 world leaders who had "managed to win serious respect", labelling him: "The Fiscal Taskmaster."

Three months later, Ireland needed a bailout from the EU-ECB-IMF troika.

Now, it’s Enda’s turn. Fingers crossed the outcome is a little better.

So say we all!

In Aug 2010, Newsweek included then taoiseach Brian Cowen in a list of 10 world leaders who had "managed to win serious respect"

'course he won serious respect. He made plenty of people seriously rich. People who were on the brink of actually having to pay back money they owed banks. Charming bast@rd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

Um...that was the previous government: Fianna Failure, remember them?

Who supported it then and continues on with it now?
    Who's in power now for 18 months or so?
    Decisions being made now are being made by FG/Lab, not FF.
    This government can only blame FF for so long and get away with it, they are running the place now, the fact that unemployment is still static and the future looks worse now for people because of all FG's new taxes is down to the present government and nobody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

In fairness it was Fianna Fail who sold us out without a fight.

I agree BUT Fine Gael were in opposition and also allowed it to happen with their silence. They were there to point out the problems and difficulties of Government policy but were like Trappist monks. If I was a farmer and had a sheep dog who didn't look after my flock i'd shoot it.

Whether the article is right or wrong, its still good.

Economics is all about perception. If the sheep in the markets hadn't woken up in 2008, the german banks would still be shovelling money at us... Property would still have crashed though......

Promotion is all about perception.
    Perception will only get you so far.

To be fair, the Newsweek article is good PR for the state - glad to see it - but I'm also aware that any company or professional individual will really do their homework and look beyond the perception and further look at the finer details of spreadsheets, profit margins in relation to competing possible countries, others advantages and the four principles (Price, Product, Place, Promotion) of a successful business and take all them into account far much more.

Perception will open doors - and we are all glad to see those doors opening - but once those interested in actually taking a peek inside, see the nitty-gritty details, they then have to decide whats the best option for them.

So far, we have been lucky since things took a turn for the worse.
    We've had closures - but thankfully we are still having start-ups.
    I hope the latter continues more so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yes, it was the electorate who forced the corrupt politicians to physically to things they did of course!
    Yes, it was the electorate who forced the corrupt politicians to physically to fill in the form which means claiming sometimes things they might not have been entitled to or take advantage of! (Speaking of leeches!)
    Yes, it was the electorate who forced the corrupt politicians to physically to commit cronyism.
    Yes, it was the electorate who forced politicians to physically to give 17 Billion away this year and another 18 billion next year.
    Yes, it was the electorate who forced politicians to physically to stall, drop and complete u-turn on issues.
    Yes, it was the electorate who forced politicians to invent more taxes/charges/levy's so far - and more to come!

We must have a lot of weak politicians indeed if the public can get them to do all that and more!

LOL, you have some neck on you as an EX member of FF and who WONT PAY their household charge. To me that is a leach, the same as the TD's that take the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

They're not seeing this cover in the USA, though - it's only on the EMEA* edition. With the Presidential Election less than a month away, they have bigger fish to fry.

* EMEA = Europe, Middle East & Africa

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I can see this being the best selling Time Magazine ever, reason for this that these are being bought all over Ireland and being stock piled so people can wipe their arses with poor auld Mr Kennys face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭IRISHREDSTAR

enda kenny has done noting but cuts, no spending on jobs were is the metro or a rail link to the u.k. when there is a upturn in the world trade Ireland will not be ready we are going backwards.

Advertisement