Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enda Kenny on the cover of Time magazine: 'The Celtic Comeback'

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

It might have been covered here already but Enda Kenny is on the cover of Time Europe. Nobody in the US will see this on their newsstands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    It might have been covered here already but Enda Kenny is on the cover of Time Europe. Nobody in the US will see this on their newsstands.
    The article is in the US version, just not on the cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

The article is in the US version, just not on the cover.

Actually its not. Nowhere in the US edition or any other edition bar the Europe one.

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Actually its not. Nowhere in the US edition or any other edition bar the Europe one.
    Hmm...I can't actually argue this point because I can't seem find out what is in the US edition this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

Hmm...I can't actually argue this point because I can't seem find out what is in the US edition this week...

The US edition is covering the Obama VRS Romney race.

What bugs me is ..this is obviously a political statmnt from an Independant magaine (supposedly) ...look Europe don't protest Austerity works....when that is not necessarily the case or what should be done..and our case was completely different to Spain etc we were in a better position.

It is not a nuetral article and gives no otherside.

I think it is playing to a political end on behalf of 'interests '. I am sorry if that is a bit 'tinfoil hat time'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Just seen it this morning, i think its great!

That's the cover - I'm talking about whether the article appears inside it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Time would regularly run articles questioning austerity, tax rises, the Euro etc. The piece was generally an interview with Kenny and they tend to be sympathetic overall. It isn't the Economist or the WSJ.

What bugs me is ..this is obviously a political statmnt from an Independant magaine (supposedly) ...look Europe don't protest Austerity works....when that is not necessarily the case or what should be done..and our case was completely different to Spain etc we were in a better position.

It is not a nuetral article and gives no otherside.

I think it is playing to a political end on behalf of 'interests '. I am sorry if that is a bit 'tinfoil hat time'.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's when Enda Kenny appears on the front of Playboy that you all need to start worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Remember the 5 point plan?

Point One - Protecting and creating jobs

Because jobs and opportunity are the best chance of keeping our best asset - our young people – at home. We plan to create 20,000 new jobs a year over the next four years.

Point Two - Introducing better, fairer budgets to keep taxes low

We will fix Ireland’s budget deficit by prioritising cutting waste, over raising taxes. Because high taxes kill jobs, we will keep taxes – particularly income taxes – down.

Point Three – we will create a completely new health system

Our FairCare plan – modelled on the reformed Dutch health service - will cut waiting lists and end apartheid in our health service. There’ll be more and better community care, meaning fewer hospital stays.

Point Four - smaller, better government with the people’s money spent wisely on vital public services

By streamlining systems, cutting red tape and abolishing quangos, we will reduce public-service costs by €5 billion.

Point Five - a political system that achieves more and costs less, with the Government leading by example

We will cut the number of politicians by over a third.
    We will ensure proper accountability for decisions. A single-chamber parliamentary system, with powerful Dail committees, will hold Ministers to greater account
    all of these promises were the reason they got into the dail,
    how many of them did they keep
    so should we beleive anything that they utter, and should they now be where they are, since they did not do the job,

Advertisement