Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keg sanitizing

Options
  • 05-10-2012 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi, recently acquired a few kegs and was looking to give them a good cleaning.

Has anyone got any tips on cleaning and sanitizing?

From what I've read oxi-clean or something similar will do the job for cleaning dirty equipment.

On the sanitizing side, is starsan my best option? Can this be reused for a number of kegs, if kept in a closed container (eg: plastic bucket)?
    How long will the starsan solution last, and is it easy spot when its no l;onger good for use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

What kind of kegs are they? Cornys?

Most of us would use Cornys on here. In terms of cleaning, yep oxi cleaner is great. And starsan for sanitizing is perfect also, I use both all the time. (obviously rinse off the oxi well before storing the keg/using the starsan.)

Starsan made with deionised water will last for months. In order to check if it's still good, measure the pH and once it's below 3 its still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

Yes Corney kegs.

One question, where do you find this fabled oxi-clean. I cant seem to find it anywhere. Can someone post a pic of the product, because I'm struggling to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

You'll generally find it in the cleaning section of the super market. Vanish make an oxi cleaner and it's I a pink tub but it can be expensive. Lidl also make one called W5 which is much cheaper. I'm sure there's an equivalent one in Aldi just don't know the name.

Advertisement