Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecig

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the battery you have will work

afaik yeah the only difference is the tank size

yeah, you're right about what needs replacing

ive never used the vivi novas, but i'd imagine they're better than the ego-t

no, the lower the ohm the more vapour and warmer vape.
    it's to do with the wattage (power) of the vape.

with a regulated 3.2V battery what you alter is the resistance ( by choosing a higher or lower ohm coil).

so 3.2v on 1.8ohm will be a higher wattage than a 3.2v on 2.4ohm coil, which means it'll be a warmer vape.. more vapour and the flavour is likely to change somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭rockdrummer4

the battery you have will work

afaik yeah the only difference is the tank size

yeah, you're right about what needs replacing

ive never used the vivi novas, but i'd imagine they're better than the ego-t

no, the lower the ohm the more vapour and warmer vape.
    it's to do with the wattage (power) of the vape.

with a regulated 3.2V battery what you alter is the resistance ( by choosing a higher or lower ohm coil).

so 3.2v on 1.8ohm will be a higher wattage than a 3.2v on 2.4ohm coil, which means it'll be a warmer vape.. more vapour and the flavour is likely to change somewhat.

Thanks very much for the info...

One more question: 650, 900, 1000 mAh - are these the same voltage (3.7) just the battery would last longer?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

One more question: 650, 900, 1000 mAh - are these the same voltage (3.7) just the battery would last longer?
    Yup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

in general yep, the mah is just the amount of charge the battery holds. longer mah typically means a longer battery too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

If your using eGo batteries, i'd highly reccomend getting the mini vivi nova, and one of the SMOK thread covers, really makes your device look like an all in one unit and makes it look nice and tidy.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/adapters/69-smoktech-dct-ego-thread-cover.html

get the one for the 3.5ml DCT tank...and put on the thread of your ego battery before you put the nova on top.
    mini-vivi-nova-tank.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info lads...

Still not getting this Ohm thing...

Got three with the Viva Nova, each with a differing length of wick - how do ya know what ohm each is. Currently using the one with the longest wick as it was already installed when got it...

What dif does the Ohm make?

And whats the diff between short and long wick?

Thanks

Got three with the Viva Nova, each with a differing length of wick - how do ya know what ohm each is. Currently using the one with the longest wick as it was already installed when got it...

What dif does the Ohm make?

And whats the diff between short and long wick?

Thanks
    Lower ohm = low resistance. This means the voltage doesn't have to be high to reach higher heat, so it's good for standard/non-variable voltage batteries

Imagine a pin-prick in a bottle of water. Small hole = high resistance = less water flowing through.
    Large hole = low resistance = more water flowing through.

Now imagine that instead of water, you have electricity, and instead of holes, you have wire.
    Thin wire = high resistance, thick = low.

If you have a VV device it'd be easy enough to tell which heads are which because you can tweak to the point where the taste gets burnt, take note of the voltage, and there are your answers.
    The 1.8ohm would taste burnt at a lower voltage than the others, the 2.8ohm could be pushed higher than the others.
    With an eGo, you'll find that the 2.8ohm is a barely-there vape, and the 1.8ohm is quite good. Mine came with the 2.4ohm installed first.

Short/long wicks:
    Short wicks need to be tipped more, but give a better flavour.
    Long wicks wick better but dull the flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Got three with the Viva Nova, each with a differing length of wick - how do ya know what ohm each is

You can find small numbers on the side of each coil head, 1.8 2.4 and 2.8 Ohm.

Opit wrote: »

Only on Vision's original Vivi, I think. The Vivi I got from E-SI has no markings. I presume the other copycat builders haven't bothered either.

• Advertisement

Opit wrote: »

Cheers Opit, the ones I got from thebestshop did indeed have the small numbers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jeanjeani

I enjoy the vh genesis and the BCC mega. Both have great vape. For beginners I wud definitely start off smaller like th eroll or mini nova. I have been vaping since Jan. I love not waking up to me hacking up a lung every morning. My husband absolutely loves his eroll cos he can take it everywhere nd the charger looks as if to be a phone. I like the bigger voltage batteries.. a better throat hit nd taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jeanjeani

So far wit all da other companies I wud have to say that my 2 favorite shops are the best shop and esmoke ireland also vapourpal nd ezsmoke.ie they all have excellent service. juices taste great nd never had any problems wit any of them. If we order usually b4 3pm we always get our order the next day.. to me thats great customer service.:)
    Cheers Opit, the ones I got from thebestshop did indeed have the small numbers :)

Advertisement