Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knicks - Pistons, London Jan 17th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8460351/nba-regular-season-returns-london-pistons-vs-knicks-january

definitely going to do my best to get to this, anybody have any idea on price of tickets for the raptors - nets last year in London?

Damn them making it public now :P Going to be in Berlin the week before so this is a no go for me, would of loved to have gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 theirishhoser

Tickets for Nets-Raptors were anywhere between £40-£300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Madcon

Should be good. If it's anything like the triple overtime game last year we could be in for another treat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Would like to go alright, will definitely look into it but just after Christmas and New Year isn't a great time to have it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

Lads will there be anywhere besides tout sites to get these tickets?

• Advertisement

got an email from the o2 arena saying tickets go on sale for this tomorrow but cant see anything about the tickets anywhere else, strange that it isnt on ticketmaster or something

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

Cheers, I remember reading before that they were on sale around now but couldnt find anything about dates earlier when I went looking.

No sign of them anywhere as far as i can see except for a few tickets on viagogo for £900 a piece

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Has anyone any idea of the seating arrangement etc for this? I'm guessing the £300 tickets are for court side? How bad would the view be in the cheaper ticket areas? I'd want to get close enough so wouldn't mind spending maybe £100 or so per ticket considering it's a once off.

Nothing at all with regards to pricing etc on the ticketmaster or o2 website. Does anyone know how ticket ordering works for deliveries to Ireland or would it have to be box office collection? I wouldn't really trust ordering from anywhere but the main site. I see thompson sport have a package deal here including tickets. I don't know what Upper Bowl view would be like though. https://thomsonsport.com/event/nba-london-live-2013

found this

http://www.o2priority.co.uk/listings/nba-london-live-2013/20298

looks like you have to be a UK o2 customer to avail

• Advertisement

Anyone have any more info on this at all? Is it likely to sell out?

Got an email saying they messed up and they're out Friday instead.

Saw the prices as well.

E50ish for the cheapest area which is very small(directly behind the basket on the top tier). £35-40

E80ish for 95% of the rest of the top tier. £55-60.

Hoping to get the cheapest ones as soon as they're up. Don't really want to go any higher than E80 anyway.

Cool, thanks for that. Were they the only price options?

Looks like o2 priority are on sale now (it says "sign in to get priority tickets" as opposed to saying the date yesterday).

Anyone signed up and able to give a full breakdown of areas and prices?

295pd79.jpg

looks like if you follow through they might be available now, will check at lunch when i can get my wallet

didnt manage to get them, kept dumping me back to the original screen. looks like the following sections are sold out;

Courtside
    Level 1A
    Level 1B

Thanks flynner, which tickets are for the grey area at the side of the court on either side? Are the priority tickets still on sale? did you manage to get any and is it possible to order any more through your account with a different credit card? ;)

I managed to get 5 there at 10 o clock this morning

Have a go here: http://iota.ecommzone.com/lz/O2AREN/0070E0/061913211c7a6fd92ac83250b808ab1603/actions/redirect.aspx?url=https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3UK.html?wr=160e4c3e-5410-4132-9114-5d05d0d193b8&lang=en&skin=theo2

promo code is "NBA"

and im not sure if you can get more with another card, worth a try, you can get 6 at a time though

Damn Flynner, thanks for that, but only single seats remain in the best areas :( I was hoping to get 3 together. Do you know are they still the priority tickets and the general tickets still go on sale tomorrow with all areas open again?

I dont have a clue how it works to be honest. General sale starts tomorrow morning but I would think that they cant sell all the tickets in a pre sale so there could well be seats opening up in all areas again

• Advertisement

I hope that's the case, I'll be on before 9am anyway and hope to get some of the £120 one's. Did you get these ones yourself? Is it £12 service charge per ticket or per transaction?

I went for the £60 ones and yes unfortunately there is a service charge and "facility fee" of £1 per ticket. Basically it worked out at ~€83 for each ticket

I had a brief look earlier and remember something about a £12 service charge. I tried to go back on now but the NBA code doesn't work anymore and it's saying something about a virtual waiting room (I'm not sure if it said this earlier?). Guess I'll have to get on about 8am and see what the story is. Fingers crossed :)

I don't see anything on the UK ticketmaster at all so I'm assuming all ticket sales are via theo2.co.uk, very strange they have absolutely no information on the main page yet and anyone who wasn't following the priority presales would have no idea of pricing at all. It doesn't even state when they go on sale which is very weird too.

Does anyone know, once purchased, are the tickets delivered to Irish addresses, or is box office collection the only option?

Just found this page: http://www.axs.com/events/1610/nba-london-live

looks like it has a bit more info. Says they go on sale at 10:00 today!

Ok, I'm in the virtual waiting room on theo2.co.uk now. It still says all but 3 sections are sold out. That's ridiculous if it's true. Sold out before they are even on sale and what's worse is there are loads on sale through get me in (a touting website).

any joy? just stay in the virtual waiting room and leave it, i opened it in a couple of tabs, eventually a message should pop up and say "its youre turn" or something like that.

I agree, bit of a mess since the beginning with these tickets

That was nerve wrecking. Was in the virtual waiting room since 9:30 and I saw "buy tickets" on the AXS page before the virtual waiting room refreshed. I clicked it and it opened up the same waiting room. All tickets were available so I selected 3 together but it said they weren't available in the 1a (£120) location. I kept trying different combinations of 1a, b and c for 3 together, 3 split, but nothing. Tested a 4 section to see what would happen and it went through, tried to cancel but it said I'd lose my place in line, cancelled as I definitely didn't want 4 section. So restarted, back in line, again tried 3 but no joy, tried to and said "split seats is ok" and it got me 2 tickets, both beside eachother in 1a. I had to buy them just incase. Given the price of the tickets on the GET ME IN site I thought I could probably sell them if I manage to get 3 together. Kept trying, got 3 together in 1a (just kept pressing search and closing the pop up window saying none available and retrying). Was ringing my friend as I didn't have enough left on my debit card to buy another 3 together. Couldn't get through to him and the timer went to 0 so I had to give them up again. retried the whole process, got through to my friend and managed to get another 3 together in 1a :D

So I've 5 altogether now. It's a pain in the ass, they added a £23.85 Service charge to EACH ticket for 1a's!! They have you by the balls at that stage so you just have to pay or risk losing the tickets :(

IF ANYONE SEES ME AT A PICK UP GAME, PLEASE DON'T MENTION THE GAME AS THEY ARE A SURPRISE FOR SOMEONE WHO MIGHT BE WITH ME, WHO DOESN'T EVEN KNOW IT'S ON :)

nice, at least you will be there! There is 5 of us heading over, making a weekend out of it, trying to get tickets to a premiership match now, the stress never ends ;)

it makes me sick to think i paid as little as $22 for NBA games in the states before :mad:

• Advertisement

Some difference! Good luck with the premiership ones and thanks for keeping me posted with the NBA!

Advertisement