Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knicks - Pistons, London Jan 17th

Options
2»

Comments

Hey guys I've got a question.
    I bought three tickets on Thursday morning with my Visa Debit BOI card.

It went through and I got the confirmation email saying the tickets will come out on the 9th.

Just logged into 365 there and realised the money never left my account.
    Can anyone confirm from experience should the money not have been extracted straight away given its a debit card or is there a difference when using it cross borders and it works more like a credit card(instead of the payment being rejected when no funds exist it will put the account into an OD if the money isn't available).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hey guys I've got a question.
    I bought three tickets on Thursday morning with my Visa Debit BOI card.

It went through and I got the confirmation email saying the tickets will come out on the 9th.

Just logged into 365 there and realised the money never left my account.
    Can anyone confirm from experience should the money not have been extracted straight away given its a debit card or is there a difference when using it cross borders and it works more like a credit card(instead of the payment being rejected when no funds exist it will put the account into an OD if the money isn't available).

Is it down as a pending transaction ? Some debit card payments take a while to "officially" come out of the account. The money will be gone from your available balance though if it went through. The confirmation email would suggest its gone through though :)

Is it down as a pending transaction ? Some debit card payments take a while to "officially" come out of the account. The money will be gone from your available balance though if it went through. The confirmation email would suggest its gone through though :)

No sign of it on 365 and the email from the 02 makes no mention of a pending payment.
    Obv lists the seat numbers and all so you'd imagine in that case the payment went through.
    I was expecting the money to leave instantly due to the nature of the card, as what happens when using it on say Paddy Power but maybe using it cross border means it works like a credit card :confused:

I'll see what happens Monday or Tuesday. I'm tempted to ring them in case of an error but then there could be an error on their end and I still get the tickets on the 9th and get to keep the money :pac:(ya fat chance I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

You should be fine, on Ulster Bank it doesn't show any pending transaction, but my available balance got deducted immediately. When I went to buy the other 3 tickets (if you read my post above) it didn't allow the attempt when the time ran out as I tried the same card but it didn't have enough funds for 3 more after buying the first two. My friend transferred while I was on the phone to him when I got the next 3 seats and then it worked fine. 365 might just work differently. Some transactions take longer to appear than others, especially when in a different currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Sickened that the Knicks are in London this week, I'm going to NYC that week so talk about bad timing! Hoping to get to a Nets game, and looked into college ball. And Norte Dame up against St Johns in MSG so will hopefully make that. Any one know how to go about tickets for the College game?

• Advertisement

...and away she sails across foreign seas.

It came through today. Ah well, no free ticket but at least I won't have to worry about hitting any problems now :pac:

Did anyone who took the email option NOT get their tickets yet?.

The original email said they wouldn't be sent before the 9th, then allow 24 hours.... thats days ago now.

Still waiting for my tickets too :o

cormie wrote: »
    Still waiting for my tickets too :o

I'd actually forgot to check back here.
    So thats another 4 days to add on.
    Going to ring them Monday, considering its just an email and it said the 9th...there's no reason why they shouldn't have been sent out by now.

Any word back yet?

Also, any suggestions on a decent place to stay near the o2?

• Advertisement

Still waiting on tickets here...

All tickets received today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

stuba wrote: »
    Sickened that the Knicks are in London this week, I'm going to NYC that week so talk about bad timing! Hoping to get to a Nets game, and looked into college ball. And Norte Dame up against St Johns in MSG so will hopefully make that. Any one know how to go about tickets for the College game?

You have a few options:
    1.ticketmaster.com (not .co.uk) will have them but you'll need to register with them
    2. Madison Square Garden ticket office will have them (think it's MSG.com)
    3. Normally I'd say contact each university's athletic dept but it's a NY college vs the biggest supported "Irish" uni in the US so that's unlikely to yield anything in this case
    4. There will likely be tickets available on the day through touts but you will pay above face value for these

Is it a stand alone game or are there others on with it - this is usually the case in MSG. It will dilute the ticket pool further if there p's more than 1 game.

We're it me (having been to a Nets game a few weeks ago), I'd go to the college game given your options. Your tickets will be a lot cheaper and the atmosphere will be way, way, way, way better. Plus you'll be in Downtown manhattan after the game and not have to make the trek back from Brooklyn.

cormie wrote: »
    All tickets received today :)

Ya I meant to say I contacted them and they said the original date was a mistake. Though I knew that after seeing through their info section that tickets don't post till just before it(though they say 2 weeks which we obviously got them way before)

http://www.nbastore.eu/stores/nba/products/product_details.aspx?pid=116881
    If anyones interested in getting a Knicks jersey for the game you can get the white Stoudemire one for E48 delivered.
    Personally I'd have preferred the blue one, but I'd rather pay E48 for a white one then over E65 for the blue one.

All set now :pac:

jesus its completely crept up on me! i haven't even realised i haven't got my tickets delivered yet, must give them a ring later, anybody else still waiting?

Their website does say you won't receive the tickets until a few days before.
    I got the email about 2 weeks ago, but maybe the print option takes longer.

fúckkkkkk, Still no sign of them this morning, tried ringing but cant get through to them so just had to send an email

got back to me straight away, organised to pick them up at the box office, crisis averted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Watching this. Hard to believe how much the crowd are not into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Pretty crap game in fairness, be hard to get into it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement